+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

CanadianInWaiting

Feb 23, 2022
In my case, i gave the address of residence in Canada.
Thanks! After submitting the DS160, it seems that I'll be sending the documents for dropbox after paying the MRV fees. Can I submit the documents like 10-15 days after paying the MRV fees? I would like to keep my passport for a week or two to complete some paperwork that requires passport. Once I submit it, I might not get it back for a few weeks which is fine with employer.

McLaren22

Aug 16, 2022
How many days Dropbox is taking these days? Is it really 4-6 weeks? Or do we get the passport back sooner? What are the chances it might take more than 6 weeks?

Reactions: Jazmin2569

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Thanks! After submitting the DS160, it seems that I'll be sending the documents for dropbox after paying the MRV fees. Can I submit the documents like 10-15 days after paying the MRV fees? I would like to keep my passport for a week or two to complete some paperwork that requires passport. Once I submit it, I might not get it back for a few weeks which is fine with employer.
Yes, that should be ok. people have been sending their packets anywhere between 30days to 90days in this forum for now.

Reactions: CanadianInWaiting

Jazmin2569

Aug 20, 2022
Another risky route (shared by a fb member, not my case).

Hello Everyone,

I got H1B stamping on Jan 7th, 2022 through expedite request.

While applying for appointment in Oct 2021 my status in US (H1B approved in September) and Canada (had visitor visa), therefore I got my first appointment in Toronto for Dec 2022. After continuously checking slots and rescheduling the appointment for at least three times, the last one I got was for April 12th, 2022.

Received CEC ITA in September 2021, got Canadian COPR during 2nd week of December (EE, CEC, main applicant was my husband).

Raised expedite request during last week of December 2021, stating that I am a Canadian PR holder and need stamping to work in US (I was in US when I raised this request). Got approval for expedite request on Jan 5th for appointment scheduled on Jan 7th. Flew from US to Canada on Jan 6th and attended interview next day in Toronto.

Consulate verified: Canadian COPR letter (didn’t receive the card yet), 2*2 passport photo, I797 form, DS-160 and few questions about study, school and job role. Everything went smooth and got approval. Received my H1B visa yesterday.

Good luck.
Hi,

For the case above (interview on 7th January), how long did it take for you get your passport with a stamped US visa?

Jazmin2569

Aug 20, 2022
Yes, that should be ok. people have been sending their packets anywhere between 30days to 90days in this forum for now.
Yes you should be fine. I paid the fees today and I have a year until the fee expires. So I am hoping the instructions and fee are good for 1 year. I got the dropbox option for H1b.

spras212

Aug 22, 2022
There's dropbox available for H1b stamping in Canada. If you qualify as Canadian resident - Applicant legally resides in Canada. Applicants with Canadian student permits, Canadian work permits, or Canadian permanent residency shall be considered as residing in Canada. Applicants with Canadian visitor permits shall not be considered residents.
We are in Canada and in the process of submitting H1 and H4 visa stamping in Canada through drop box; my spouse is on ICT WP , myself on Visitor Visa and my daughter on Study visa. I would like to know whether H4 applicants on visitor/study visa be considered as a Canadian resident to be eligible for Dropbox?

mgodara

Apr 8, 2019
Vancouver Consulate. H1B dropbox (Canada PR card holder):

Aug 16 - Dropped off the passport and other documents at Canada Post as per instructions.
Aug 17 - Canada Post status - delivered.
Aug 23 - CEAC case status changed to "Application Received"

Reactions: TeenaPD

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
I have not submitted any documents yet. When I send, I will send details of my PR card since I have received one already.
As swan0206 suggested, it is better to mail documents when you're physically in Canada just in case if they call you for an interview. Should be pretty straightforward process and did it myself couple of months ago.

Jazmin2569

Aug 20, 2022
Hi, if anybody has recently gotten their passport back after choosing the dropbox option (For H1b stamping), can you please let us know how long it took to get the passport back?

bonkers90

Aug 30, 2022
I have two questions for dropbox:

1. Does signed COPR qualify as proof of legal status while we send documents for US Visa dropbox for H1?

2. My previous passport was lost which had my previous US Visas (F1 and H1 visas). Should I answer 'Yes' to the question of 'Applicant has been previously issued a US Visa( any class of visa)' under the Interview Waiver selection? I do my previous visa stamp information to fill up the corresponding section.