+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

eric32s55

Jan 21, 2024
Do they require a Passport photo as per the instructions, since the DS-160 already had a digital photo taken?

* One 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inches) color photo taken within the last 6 months

nagu891

Feb 29, 2024
Hi anyone sent document between march 5th to 10th to torrent? mine is 14 days still status " No Status", anyone in same boat ?

Rgajula

Sep 25, 2023
I got lot of information from this Group and which has helped me to take right decisions like submitting to Ottawa instead of Toronto. Thought I stay in Toronto I submitted for Ottawa. Which has helped me complete all process in two weeks.
Here are more details about my process:

I am working in Canada on Closed work permit, This is my 5th H1B visa stamping, previous 4 were done in India. My latest H1B stamping is valid till Aug’24.

11 Mar 2024 – Submitted details in AIS website for Canada visa appointment: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/users/sign_in

After I submitted plied, I was added to the virtual queue with a wait time of 5 weeks. But I got instructions email next day morning itself.

12 Mar 2024: Got an email to send documents email arrived with instructions. The status on AIS website changed to “Send documents.”

12 Mar 2024: Sent document around 2 PM via Canada Post
Documents submitted:
  • Passport old (H1B visa stamp)
  • Current passport
  • Form DS 160 Confirmation page
  • Email Instructions (pdf) printed. “GDIT/United States DoS Nonimmigrant VisaInstructions” (4 pages document)
  • 3rd page from the Courier in instructions (which clearly states at the bottom in bold “Include this page in the courier envelope that contains your required visa application documents”)
  • One 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inches) color photo
  • Copy of Work Permit
  • Employment Verification letter
  • LCA
13 Mar 2024 : Documents were delivered to the consulate and The status on CEAC website ( https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx) changed to “Received”
14 Mar 2024 : Status changed to “Approved”
21 Mar 2024 : Status changed to “Issued.”
22 Mar 2024: Received an Email with subject “U.S. DoS Visa system return travel document shipment notice” Label created for shipping and Passport ready for Purolator pick up.
25 Mar 2024 : The passport was delivered by Purolator, I have selected premium delivery option, I have got passport directly delivered to home.

Happy to help if you have any questions.

Reactions: Ronak529

nagu891

Feb 29, 2024
I got lot of information from this Group and which has helped me to take right decisions like submitting to Ottawa instead of Toronto. Thought I stay in Toronto I submitted for Ottawa. Which has helped me complete all process in two weeks.

I am working in Canada on Closed work permit, This is my 5th H1B visa stamping, previous 4 were done in India. My latest H1B stamping is valid till Aug’24.

11 Mar 2024 – Submitted details in AIS website for Canada visa appointment: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/users/sign_in

After I submitted plied, I was added to the virtual queue with a wait time of 5 weeks. But I got instructions email next day morning itself.

12 Mar 2024: Got an email to send documents email arrived with instructions. The status on AIS website changed to “Send documents.”

Documents submitted:
  • Current passport
  • Email Instructions (pdf) printed. “GDIT/United States DoS Nonimmigrant VisaInstructions” (4 pages document)
  • 3rd page from the Courier in instructions (which clearly states at the bottom in bold “Include this page in the courier envelope that contains your required visa application documents”)
  • Copy of Work Permit
  • LCA
13 Mar 2024 : Documents were delivered to the consulate and The status on CEAC website ( https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx) changed to “Received”
22 Mar 2024: Received an Email with subject “U.S. DoS Visa system return travel document shipment notice” Label created for shipping and Passport ready for Purolator pick up.
25 Mar 2024 : The passport was delivered by Purolator, I have selected premium delivery option, I have got passport directly delivered to home.

what is LCA ? i did not see they asked, even though they did not ask EVL, is that ok to send more document ?

Rgajula

Sep 25, 2023
what is LCA ? i did not see they asked, even though they did not ask EVL, is that ok to send more document ?
You can check in Temporary worker section: It is clearly mentioned about offer letter and Labor Application. You can send more documents, they will send back all the documents.

nagu891

Feb 29, 2024
You can check in Temporary worker section: It is clearly mentioned about offer letter and Labor Application. You can send more documents, they will send back all the documents.
Ok its mentioned H1B1 visa applicants only so i did not send those
  • Job offer from United States employer and a Certified Department of Labor approved application (applies to H1B1 visa applicants only).

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Ok its mentioned H1B1 visa applicants only so i did not send those
  • Job offer from United States employer and a Certified Department of Labor approved application (applies to H1B1 visa applicants only).
These docs are optional and not needed.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Thanks for sharing. Sorry for my ignorance, but how come you're on closed permit and H1b? Are you working two jobs? or are you stating because you aren't PR yet so needed closed work permit to work remotely?

For your H1b renewal, assuming this renewal was with the same employer?

Documents submitted:
  • Current passport
  • Copy of Work Permit
  • LCA

Rgajula

Sep 25, 2023
Thanks for sharing. Sorry for my ignorance, but how come you're on closed permit and H1b? Are you working two jobs? or are you stating because you aren't PR yet so needed closed work permit to work remotely?

For your H1b renewal, assuming this renewal was with the same employer?
May be you are not aware of H1B completely, one can have H1B and work permit as both for different countries, H1B doesn't allow to work outside of USA. So need work permit to work in Canada.

prasadvp

Feb 8, 2023
For the copy of legal status in Canada, apart from copy of PR card can we send anything else ? Mine is about to expire and checking to see if drivers license, health card in addition to PR card copy will work ?