+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B stamping and Canada PR

suemon

Apr 5, 2017
Hello,

I have recently received my COPR and will have to do my landing process shortly in canada before or on October 2020.

I am in US and initially was on F1 and then applied for H1B which got approved and started the H1B status from March 05,2020.
I have not left the country and do not have a H1B visa stamped.I

And also my f1 visa got expired and I have two questions:

1. Do I need to go for change of status H1b stamping in Canada? And use AVR BELOW?
2. Can I use AVR to reenter the country with approved I-797 document and current I-94 which is D/S as expiry date when I first entered United states on f1

TIA
Yes, You can, but some agents at the border may not know the exact detail of this regulation (using AVR on H1B but without H1B stamping, only F1 stamping). You may be sent upstairs to an additional document check. If that happens, don't worry. The people upstairs know their stuff and you will be fine.

vamsikgr

Sep 22, 2019
Yes, You can, but some agents at the border may not know the exact detail of this regulation (using AVR on H1B but without H1B stamping, only F1 stamping). You may be sent upstairs to an additional document check. If that happens, don't worry. The people upstairs know their stuff and you will be fine.
thank you so much for the get back

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
hi Nanda,

Recently m’y PR has been approved and need to land in Canada before or on October 20, 2020.

Also, my h1b got approved recently.

As I’m claiming the PR before the date mentioned above, my question is
can I go for H1B stamping ( first time stamping) in Canada while activating PR——- 2 shorts at one time.

please share your experiences and your thought for the above question.

Thanks,
I did exactly that in 2017. Landed and activated my PR on a Monday and went for first time H1B stamp following day, Tues morning. No issues

pggandhi37

Jan 28, 2020
I did exactly that in 2017. Landed and activated my PR on a Monday and went for first time H1B stamp following day, Tues morning. No issues
Hi,
when creating application profile for US visa appointment in Canada. What did you answer for below?
Are you traveling from another country to apply for a U.S. visa in Canada? *

Apr 23, 2022
I am in somewhat similar situation now! I am an Indian citizen, currently living in US (India --> Canada --> USA) on exchange visitor visa and my H1B is approved in March 2022. I need H1B stamp.

I lived in Canada in the past and moved to the USA in 2019. I applied for Canadian PR via express entry program in 2018 which was approved in 2019 and PPR was made in late 2019. However, when I sent my passport and documents for visa stamp and COPR in early 2020, due to COVID, passport was returned without any visa stamp or COPR letter and I was asked not to make any travel plans until US-Canada border opens. Later on, my EE online application was updated as - "Counterfoil" valid until 2030; COPR "invalid" with expiry date in 2030!

I don't have valid COPR - I assume the status will change to "valid" at POE?

In summary - I need Canadian PR card, and H1B stamp on my passport. I will prefer H1B stamp in Canada vs in India because Dropbox system in India is not very time sensitive.

My question - Would I be able to visit Canada without any visa stamp in my Indian passport and get H1B stamp on next day or so? Will I be sent back to the USA from the Canadian airport since I don't have any valid Canadian visa stamp?

Please let me know if anyone can help or suggest any resources or provide information regarding how to reach CIC officials to get information.

Thank you

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
I am in somewhat similar situation now! I am an Indian citizen, currently living in US (India --> Canada --> USA) on exchange visitor visa and my H1B is approved in March 2022. I need H1B stamp.

I lived in Canada in the past and moved to the USA in 2019. I applied for Canadian PR via express entry program in 2018 which was approved in 2019 and PPR was made in late 2019. However, when I sent my passport and documents for visa stamp and COPR in early 2020, due to COVID, passport was returned without any visa stamp or COPR letter and I was asked not to make any travel plans until US-Canada border opens. Later on, my EE online application was updated as - "Counterfoil" valid until 2030; COPR "invalid" with expiry date in 2030!

In summary - I need Canadian PR card, and H1B stamp on my passport. I will prefer H1B stamp in Canada vs in India because Dropbox system in India is not very time sensitive.

My question - Would I be able to visit Canada without any visa stamp in my Indian passport and get H1B stamp on next day or so? Will I be sent back to the USA from the Canadian airport since I don't have any valid Canadian visa stamp?

Please let me know if anyone can help or suggest any resources or provide information regarding how to reach CIC officials to get information.

Thank you
Hi,
I'm not sure if they will let you board the flight to Canada without the proper documentation. Have you tried reaching out to CIC? you could complete the webform and inform them that you are ready to move and ask them what the next step is since you do not have the COPR or immigrant stamp in your passport.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Thank you
If you havent gained PR status then you cannot enter Canada without stamping.
Contact cic https://ircc.canada.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp on your copr and stamping. Online statuses doesnt help you travel even if it says its valid till 2030. Border doesnt give you copr or mark/change to valid. They just allow you to land only if copr is valid(which should have been sent to you by cic before you travel).
Dont try to attempt to cross the border without copr via land too.

As you dont have travel document for Canada, you cannot plan to stamp in Canada.

luckydata

Jul 12, 2019
Hi Everyone,

We have an appointment for H1B & H4 visa stamping at Calgary consulate on June 21.
1) Can we convert that to Dropbox?
2) How soon we will receive our passports, assuming everything goes well ( need to decide on flight tickets)

Thank you in Advance!!

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi Everyone,

We have an appointment for H1B & H4 visa stamping at Calgary consulate on June 21.
1) Can we convert that to Dropbox?
2) How soon we will receive our passports, assuming everything goes well ( need to decide on flight tickets)

Thank you in Advance!!
Hi,

1) We do not have an option to convert it to Dropbox.
2) With premium its 3-5 business days. Regular i would say around 7-10 business days(these are the intervals, if you attend the interview).

luckydata

Jul 12, 2019
Hi,

1) We do not have an option to convert it to Dropbox.
2) With premium its 3-5 business days. Regular i would say around 7-10 business days(these are the intervals, if you attend the interview).
What do you mean by premium? can you please elaborate? I am planning to pick them up from a assigned location by an Embassy

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
What do you mean by premium? can you please elaborate? I am planning to pick them up from a assigned location by an Embassy
You get an option to change your passport delivery to premium if you check your appointment confirmation email. If you are picking it up thats fine.