+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1b dropbox waived, asked to directly submit docs with H4 visa interview

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
No, I didn't apply for Canadian citizenship & will not apply.
Ok. So are your GC dates current? Just trying to know what plans are people generally having when moving back to Us on H1b, as we are also in similar scenario to plan after year n half.

Nil007

Mar 5, 2022
Ok. So are your GC dates current? Just trying to know what plans are people generally having when moving back to Us on H1b, as we are also in similar scenario to plan after year n half.
No worry, I was in USA for 10 years, came to Canada for 1 yr project & personal reason (not due to to H1B issue specifically) & got stuck due to pandemic, now going back to USA. Never planned to stay in Canada, But I got stuck & stayed for more than 3 years so applied for PR & got it, that's it. My plan is not wise, I am moving back as I don't like Canada and I had vast engagement in USA, else in my situation other might stay, get citizenship & then move.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
No worry, I was in USA for 10 years, came to Canada for 1 yr project & personal reason (not due to to H1B issue specifically) & got stuck due to pandemic, now going back to USA. Never planned to stay in Canada, But I got stuck & stayed for more than 3 years so applied for PR & got it, that's it. My plan is not wise, I am moving back as I don't like Canada and I had vast engagement in USA, else in my situation other might stay, get citizenship & then move.
Thanks for the info. Good luck to you guys

rv85

Nov 18, 2018
Scenario: H1&Spouse are Canada PR holders, staying in Canada. H1 is eligible for dropbox. First time stamping required for H4. Booked as a group. H4 got visa interview schedule. H1 got message "You are not required to appear for a Consulate interview. Please gather the documents listed below and send them into the consulate with one of the Applicants in your group that must attend a Consulate interview."

That means H4 need to carry all the documents of H1 (passport,i797a, ds160 etc etc) with her during her interview and submit all the documents of H1 to the visa officer. (Instead of dropping h1 docs in dropbox center, directly handover to the visa officer).

Anybody experienced this?
Hi Coolusa,

I am in similar situation. can you please share your experience. I am wondering how my spouse can H4 stamped once H1 is just sending documents. or will they allow H1 holder as well to get interviewed and do it all together if both appears to consulate.

IkoLove

Dec 27, 2020
Hi guys,

My wife and myself were approved to not appear on interview, but my child did not. As I add all of us in the same group, what I supose to do? Separate my wife + me, and independetly schedule appointment to my child?

the idea is to approve b1 for ourselves, and than for the child. Any ideas?