+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1b dropbox - Ottawa, Canada

Cedya

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
Is there even any staff working on H1B or J1s right now? I don't even recall seeing any straight dropbox approval for people that submitted in May

• Haha
Reactions: stscorcher

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
Is there even any staff working on H1B or J1s right now? I don't even recall seeing any straight dropbox approval for people that submitted in May
I have seen some posts on another forum where H1b from May time received passport back with stamp. But very few!

Cedya

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
I have seen some posts on another forum where H1b from May time received passport back with stamp. But very few!
They are going at a snail's pace. I read on another forum that somebody reached out to the embassy by email and they said they were very understaffed at the moment

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
They are going at a snail's pace. I read on another forum that somebody reached out to the embassy by email and they said they were very understaffed at the moment
But why are they understaffed. They charge us a price for this and I think at this point I was hoping there was some option to pay a little extra and expedite the process. Like premium stamping, ha ha

Cedya

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
But why are they understaffed. They charge us a price for this and I think at this point I was hoping there was some option to pay a little extra and expedite the process. Like premium stamping, ha ha
I'm sure even for IRCC, if they had something like that, a lot of people would go with it lol. But I have no idea what's going on at the Embassy, especially since Summer would typically be peak demand months (I think)

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
My timeline:
Passport sent : 17 May 2022
Passport delivered : 19 May 2022 (according to Canada Post tracking)
Application Received: 15 June 2022
I am in a very similar time line. Passport package delivered on 18th May. I am still waiting for "Application Received" Status.

Lilu1234

Jun 10, 2022
It’s been six weeks since I received the initial application received update. Still nothing else on my end sigh. Hoping this week brings some good news!

Reactions: Cedya