+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1b dropbox - Ottawa, Canada

DropVisa

May 29, 2022
Just checking if anyone knows of folks that have sent their application to Halifax/Calgary/Quebec for dropoff and what their processing timeline looks like? I only see Ottawa/Toronto/Vancouver for majority of the applications!
I dropped in Calgary. The processing times are pretty faster than other consulates especially in Calgary and Vancouver. My documents were received by Consulate on May 18 and they updated online status on May 25. After a week I got called for an interview and here I am back in US under 4 weeks

Reactions: jitheshani

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Some information on older DS160 was not correct. I found this before sending out my application package and decided to fill it again instead of getting any issue due of incorrect data.
Ok but did you update your ds160 number in the appointment portal? I dont know if its lets for dropbox but do know its lets folks update the ds160 if an appointment has already been scheduled.

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
Ok but did you update your ds160 number in the appointment portal? I dont know if its lets for dropbox but do know its lets folks update the ds160 if an appointment has already been scheduled.
There was no option to update it. From what I gathered in different forum posts is- that option to update in portal used to be there a few years back but they removed it after that.. not sure how true that is but anyway for my case I didn’t have that option.

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
I dropped in Calgary. The processing times are pretty faster than other consulates especially in Calgary and Vancouver. My documents were received by Consulate on May 18 and they updated online status on May 25. After a week I got called for an interview and here I am back in US under 4 weeks
why were you called for the interview?

Lilu1234

Jun 10, 2022
I really think you should be fine especially with the note. Because, I figure we aren't the only people in this situation and mine didn't cause an Issue. I didn't even write a note. I literally just included the new ds-160 confirmation page to the other documents and the consular agent figured it out. I think in your case, it is the backlog. There might be different piles for different visa category and mine could be moving faster because there aren't as many B2 renewal as there are H1B. I truly hope for good news for you guys soon.
Congrats @Cedya!! Good to hear things are finally moving along for you! I may have missed this earlier but did you apply to Ottawa or Toronto? And when did you apply. Thank you!

Reactions: Cedya

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
It's at the discretion of the visa officer. I changed two companies since my first H1b stamp and also applied for Dropbox while I was in US, so it could be anything.
Question- do you stayed in usa and sent your application, how did you enter Canada for your appointment with visa office??

Cedya

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
Congrats @Cedya!! Good to hear things are finally moving along for you! I may have missed this earlier but did you apply to Ottawa or Toronto? And when did you apply. Thank you!
Thank you @Lilu1234 ! I applied at the Ottawa embassy. I just drop off the money order so I am hoping there won't be any mixed up with the DS-160 confirmation number. I wrote a note just in case

Reactions: Lilu1234

DropVisa

May 29, 2022
Question- do you stayed in usa and sent your application, how did you enter Canada for your appointment with visa office??
Yes, I was in USA when I completed the application. One of the questions was "Are you applying from another country?" I had marked that as "No" even though I was applying from USA. I am a Canadian PR so there wasnt any problem with entering Canada

• Love
Reactions: neha.ss

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
It's at the discretion of the visa officer. I changed two companies since my first H1b stamp and also applied for Dropbox while I was in US, so it could be anything.
Ok cool and did you complete the ds160, got the dropbox confirmation prior to entering Canada?

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Excellent. So i'm assuming you selected dropbox pickup location as Calgary (as well as while completing DS-160) and hence you dropped and picked up at the same location i.e., Calgary. I just spoke with the telephone agent this AM and asked her if had I selected (currently Ottawa) a different consulate (say Quebec/Halifax) for dropbox would the processing been faster? She said as far as she knows only Calgary/Vancover/Ottawa/Toronto are processing H1/H4 dropbox along with other categories. The other consulates are only processing B1/B2/F1/J1. So even had I selected Quebec consulate on DS160 and Qubec as pickup location she said the shipping label would probably say Ottawa.