+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B denial Impact on PR application

abhinav.v.agarwal

Jul 27, 2018
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
Hi All,

I have submitted my application for PR and marked the Visa/Permit denial question as YES, because my H1B extension petition was denied.

I wanted to know if someone else in the group marked that question as YES due to H1B denial, had to fill any additional form for background check or any additional document that was requested from IRCC??

Request someone who went through similar situation to reply.

Many Thanks.

KR,
Abhinav

abhinav.v.agarwal

Jul 27, 2018
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
Hello Canbnd,

Thanks for your reply, however I consulted IRCC on the matter and already posted the answer as YES. I have already sibmitted my application.

My question or concern was more around post submitting the application with response as YES.

I wanted to know if someone else in the group marked that question as YES due to H1B denial, had to fill any additional form for background check or any additional document that was requested from IRCC??

Wanted to check if someone has some similar experience.

Hope this makes sense now.

KR,
Abhinav

Ronypatil8888

Dec 14, 2018
Hi Abhinav,

So may i know what did IRCC say? What should be answer ?
I submitted with answer NO as i googled question and read in some forums that visa refusal and petition denial is different.

Hello Canbnd,

Thanks for your reply, however I consulted IRCC on the matter and already posted the answer as YES. I have already sibmitted my application.

My question or concern was more around post submitting the application with response as YES.

Wanted to check if someone has some similar experience.

Hope this makes sense now.

KR,
Abhinav

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
its all good... it works

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Reactions: shaizeik

abhinav.v.agarwal

Jul 27, 2018
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
Hi Abhinav,

So may i know what did IRCC say? What should be answer ?
I submitted with answer NO as i googled question and read in some forums that visa refusal and petition denial is different.
hi Rony,

IRCC suggested to put as YES, i was trying to get an answer from the group- that post submitting the application as YES, later, do we have to fill some additional form.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
hi Rony,

IRCC suggested to put as YES, i was trying to get an answer from the group- that post submitting the application as YES, later, do we have to fill some additional form.
There are two questions. Did you put both as YES:

1) been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2) been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Also, was your Visa declined at embassy or was it your petition declined?

abhinav.v.agarwal

Jul 27, 2018
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
There are two questions. Did you put both as YES:

1) been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2) been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Also, was your Visa declined at embassy or was it your petition declined?
1. no
2. yes

my petition was declined

Reactions: SeniorStakes

lucyroy

Jul 28, 2019
@SeniorStakes and @abhinav.v.agarwal

My h1b extension was denied last year. What should I answer the question- Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Yes / No

If I say Yes what should we put in the reason as the employer does not share the reason of denial with employee.

Please help

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto

My h1b extension was denied last year. What should I answer the question- Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Yes / No

If I say Yes what should we put in the reason as the employer does not share the reason of denial with employee.

Please help
Put yes and give the actual reason as the reason.

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017

Yes / No

Please help
Hi Lucy,

Please answer NO!

There is no reason for you to put yes, H1b application was denied, not the VISA, Visa is something you get when you visit an Embassy or at the Port Of Entry (Can be the point where you land in the US).

There is no reason to link the H1B to this Lucy. I was denied, I didn't write a yes, I got my PPR.

So, bottom line is, don't write yes.

Goodluck!

Dan