+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

Nov 15, 2009
songx1230000 said:
Pleople from one country (everyone knows which one it is) have applied more applications than any other. This is really affecting folks who really want to immigrate to Alberta.

I cannot agree more to this. Not only that one country, but pretty much the same profession. And now they're all sitting here crying "why haven't I got my nomination". Of course not, because the Alberta PNP office is probably sitting on top of 5000-6000 applications with the same NOC code "2171" or whatever the other IT codes were. The poor province probably needs only 1/10 of that amount! This is just a case of people see this as a "back-up". Massive applications like this only hurt the program, by slowing down people with different professions, from different countries, who might really want to Canada, who might have the skills set from 50 OTHERS PROFESSIONS listed on that NOC list. And now they're all stuck in this queue with the possibility that the Canadian will close this program due to abuse! Real nice people!

And don't get me wrong, I'm not a racist. I have many friends from that country, good friends of mine. Hell, I even dated somebody once from that country. But think about what you're doing here and how it affect others people. Be less selfish once for a change!

CometoAlberta

Mar 24, 2009
let me point some of your mistakes

1. Till now, there are totally 5000+ applications. but do remember that after May 19,2009, all IT related occupations are removed. I don't think there are more than 3000 applications before that day. so let's say 70% are IT, totally it's about 2100 IT applicants. it's not a big number.

2. You should know that for H1B visa, there are at least 70% IT H1Bs . since last year IT industry is not that good, a lot of people are laid off, then they are trying to rush to another country. So it's common and reasonable since the demand for IT is still huge (think about why there are so many IT h1bs, even you check the HR website, there are still a lot demand for IT).

3. My only concern is: how many fraud here? I think AINP doesn't welcome those who are from "agency company" and i hope AINP can keep them away from Canada. And finally welcome those who at least have a U.S degree.

let time say, i can wait and time can remove those "unqualified" person since they have to keep their status in U.S

immigrant_rookie said:
songx1230000 said:
Pleople from one country (everyone knows which one it is) have applied more applications than any other. This is really affecting folks who really want to immigrate to Alberta.

I cannot agree more to this. Not only that one country, but pretty much the same profession. And now they're all sitting here crying "why haven't I got my nomination". Of course not, because the Alberta PNP office is probably sitting on top of 5000-6000 applications with the same NOC code "2171" or whatever the other IT codes were. The poor province probably needs only 1/10 of that amount! This is just a case of people see this as a "back-up". Massive applications like this only hurt the program, by slowing down people with different professions, from different countries, who might really want to Canada, who might have the skills set from 50 OTHERS PROFESSIONS listed on that NOC list. And now they're all stuck in this queue with the possibility that the Canadian will close this program due to abuse! Real nice people!

And don't get me wrong, I'm not a racist. I have many friends from that country, good friends of mine. Hell, I even dated somebody once from that country. But think about what you're doing here and how it affect others people. Be less selfish once for a change!

Sam123

Nov 11, 2009
Hi All,

Can anybody confirm ...is there a numerical limit on how many nominations AINP issues each year?

While talking to my lawyer he did mention something on those lines. Historically while he has been practising immigration law, AINP has issued in total couple of thousand nominations a year (this includes all the streams family sponsored, employee sponsored). Though I did not find any thing on their website.

Nov 15, 2009
CometoAlberta said:
let me point some of your mistakes

1. Till now, there are totally 5000+ applications. but do remember that after May 19,2009, all IT related occupations are removed. I don't think there are more than 3000 applications before that day. so let's say 70% are IT, totally it's about 2100 IT applicants. it's not a big number.

2. You should know that for H1B visa, there are at least 70% IT H1Bs . since last year IT industry is not that good, a lot of people are laid off, then they are trying to rush to another country. So it's common and reasonable since the demand for IT is still huge (think about why there are so many IT h1bs, even you check the HR website, there are still a lot demand for IT).

3. My only concern is: how many fraud here? I think AINP doesn't welcome those who are from "agency company" and i hope AINP can keep them away from Canada. And finally welcome those who at least have a U.S degree.

let time say, i can wait and time can remove those "unqualified" person since they have to keep their status in U.S

1. Yeah, it's not a big number but that's 2100 out of 3000, meaning only 900 workers from occupations other than IT. That doesn't seem like a good ratio, does it? Alberta largest industries include: crude oil, natural gas, agriculture, forestry and tourism. I understand any of those industry need IT folks. Let say a very generous percentage of IT folks needed in those company is 20%, that still doesn't justify your figure of 70%. They need manufacturing workers, chemists, engineers, healthcare workers and probably some IT workers, but not 70% man.

2. Yes, I very well know that 70% of H1B workers are ITs. And the way they obtained their visas were that they pay a consulting company a couple thousand bucks (this make it already illegal by US immigration law) so that the company will sponsor their visas. The company then sends massive amount of applicants to the embassy for interview, with the hope that 1 out of 5 will get the visa. The people who got visas then came to the US, live in those so-called "company free housing accommodation" (which is usually a pig sty 2 bedrooms apartments with 8 people live in it) sit on bench (no pay) until they can find a project (another illegal point, since you have to get pay all the time when you're on H1B per the DOL LCA). Now with the economy crisis, you're right, a lot of these folks have no jobs, and instead of going home (like they're supposed to, per US IMMIGRATION LAW) they're applying to Alberta PNP. And the reasons they are able to do that is the shady consulting companies will keep them on paper (fake payroll and what not).

Please understand I do not criticize the IT industry or IT workers or people from any country in particular, just individuals who have no regard for immigration laws, engaging in illegal activities for personal gains without thinking of others people. I understand everyone has a dream, myself included, of a better life in another country, just do it the legal way.

3. Couldn't agree with you more. Hope people with fake resume, shady consultants will get cracked down by the governments.

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any idea if AINP is going to maintain the 12 month timeline!!! Did any of you folks call AINP to confirm this

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Why blame software professionals from India for taking advantage of an opportunity available to them? Given the nightmarish delays for green cards for people from India, who wouldn't act the same in their place?

If AINP wants only 1/10th of the software professionals that have applied, and really wants those from the other occupations they are free to process those other applications first.

The fact I think is AINP probably doesn't want to issue more than 500 nominations per year in the H1B stream.

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Venky321:

No point defending yourself, ignorance trumps logic and common sense - every single time. This is especially true for all those who are particularly convinced of their own "Highly Skilled" status. You are wasting your breath.

Cheers,

venky321 said:
Why blame software professionals from India for taking advantage of an opportunity available to them? Given the nightmarish delays for green cards for people from India, who wouldn't act the same in their place?

If AINP wants only 1/10th of the software professionals that have applied, and really wants those from the other occupations they are free to process those other applications first.

The fact I think is AINP probably doesn't want to issue more than 500 nominations per year in the H1B stream.

uma_wipro

Nov 13, 2009
Re: send docs on jun 09 for AINP-2174

one of my friend applied in jun first week with 2174, he got file number nov 12.
I have applied on jun second week. so thought of checking...

I heard may 19th it was closed, but my room-mate got the file number last week...

quote author=johnradus link=topic=12089.msg167380#msg167380 date=1258223815]
uma_wipro said:
Hi,
I have applied for AINP Alberta with NOC-2174 on second week of JUN 09, but till now didn't get any file number. Can you please let me know when can i expect file number?

Thanks,
Hi Uma

As far as I know, all the computer occupations including NOC 2174 were removed from the list on MAY 19th. I am not sure how you qualify given that you applied on June 09?
[/quote]

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
venky321 said:
Because 95% of software professionals from India are fraud who show different resume when giving H1B interviews at US consulate and a completely different fake resume (entry level --> 7 year experience) to their clients. THEY ARE FRAUDS and they have clotted the GC system for genuine people who carry their innocent same true resume everywhere.

Look who is talking "nightmarish delays in GC", those who have "shamelessly nightmarish fake" resumes circulating everywhere. hahaha...

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
And 95% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I don't deny there is fraud in the IT industry; but blaming other people isn't going to get you your PR faster. Unless you convince AINP to disqualify all Software applicants.

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Alright Guys,

If days were bright no one will be blaming other ...

This is a never ending topic .. cursing or posting various replies blaming one another will not help anyone or for who come here to know at the end of their hard day's work about their luck ....

If you write periodic essays blasting fake resumes on this forum .. is that going to help you any good ? or for anyone ? or going to fasten your process ? a PR card direct to Alberta ? It's simply a waste of time to read all those ......

Hatred or vileness towards others especially in a wrong forum is no good, glad that we don't have many Chinese in software .. then, there would have been no room for anyone and they would have been blamed to the core ... LOL !!

If this keeps happening (the blame game in this forum), then we may have to request administrator to delete this thread for everyone's good .. ........ Amen, let peace be upon us !!

Sonu81 said:
venky321 said:
Because 95% of software professionals from India are fraud who show different resume when giving H1B interviews at US consulate and a completely different fake resume (entry level --> 7 year experience) to their clients. THEY ARE FRAUDS and they have clotted the GC system for genuine people who carry their innocent same true resume everywhere.

Look who is talking "nightmarish delays in GC", those who have "shamelessly nightmarish fake" resumes circulating everywhere. hahaha...

AbuMalik

Star Member
Dec 11, 2008
I totally agree ! this forum is intended for sharing knowledge and not to pull each others leg.

rezendgi said:
Alright Guys,

If days were bright no one will be blaming other ...

This is a never ending topic .. cursing or posting various replies blaming one another will not help anyone or for who come here to know at the end of their hard day's work about their luck ....

If you write periodic essays blasting fake resumes on this forum .. is that going to help you any good ? or for anyone ? or going to fasten your process ? a PR card direct to Alberta ? It's simply a waste of time to read all those ......

Hatred or vileness towards others especially in a wrong forum is no good, glad that we don't have many Chinese in software .. then, there would have been no room for anyone and they would have been blamed to the core ... LOL !!

If this keeps happening (the blame game in this forum), then we may have to request administrator to delete this thread for everyone's good .. ........ Amen, let peace be upon us !!

Sonu81 said:
venky321 said:

BB_Canada

Nov 17, 2009
It looks like Alberta has started providing nominations again. Today I got a call from Alberta, they were enquiring about my latest paystub and all. They said, they will issue my nomination within a month or so. I applied my application in beginning of February and got my application number in March. So, cross your fingers, you guys will get notification from Alberta very soon.