+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

mafoi

Mar 8, 2010
Thank you for sharing. I am in the same situation as McLuvin. Your reply is really helpful.

thebestpt said:
Hi I just received reply e-mail from AINP. They suggested that I should proceed with my CIC process. Send new born's passport and birth certificate to AINP and CIC and it will be taken care of. Hope this helps.

hoogirl

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/04/09 (AINP)
Doc's Request.
24/03/2010 (AINP)
Nomination.....
27/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/11/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
13/11/2010
Med's Done....
17/11/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/04/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/04/2011 (In-Person stamping)
LANDED..........
23/06/2011
Nomination received

Hi friends,
Just letting you all know that I received my nomination (dated 5/14/10) in the mail yesterday. So there's hope for all you March doc request recipients. Also, I took a chance and applied for the FBI certificate on the 12th of March (yes, before the doc request) and received the Certificate from the FBI on April the 26th (after six weeks). I had also applied for my home country PC on 3/30/10 and that is the only document I am waiting for because I know the state PCCs are relatively easy to get. I write all this to encourage those of you who are brave enough to take a chance because those nominations are going to show up eventually. Thank you all so much for your input on this forum and good luck and godspeed to those of you who are still waiting.
Here is my timeline:
Initial application: 4/22/09
File number issued: 11/20/09 (52xx)
Doc request:3/24/10
Nomination issued: 5/14/10 (received on 5/27/10)

schumi252

Mar 24, 2010
Congrats on that one, can you share with us your NOC code?

Also, did you apply to the state PCC at the Indian consulate in the US or India,

Thanks
PR

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Hello Guys,

I want to let you guys know that AINP sent me an email saying my nomination had already been issued. However, because I got married after I sent my applicaiton, they didn't include my wife to my nomination. I actually faxed them all the additional documents for my wife last week, but they still told me that I couldn't add my wife to AINP nomination and she would have to apply for PR under family class after I actually get my PR..............Well, that may be life. You always get a two-side story...

I believe you guys will get nomination eventually. Just hang in there!

jimmyz500

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2009
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
Nomination.....
24-05-2010
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
Med's Request
31-01-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011
Uniwander,

I got my nomination earlier this week. My lawyer suggested that if I get married now, during the CIC process, as long as before the final Visa stamping, your spouse can be added to your case, it may delay your paperwork for a bit, but should still work. That is my understanding. Not sure if anyone has actually done it that way.

-Jimmy

uniwander said:
Hello Guys,

I want to let you guys know that AINP sent me an email saying my nomination had already been issued. However, because I got married after I sent my applicaiton, they didn't include my wife to my nomination. I actually faxed them all the additional documents for my wife last week, but they still told me that I couldn't add my wife to AINP nomination and she would have to apply for PR under family class after I actually get my PR..............Well, that may be life. You always get a two-side story...

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
hey Jimmyz500

Thanks for the information! I will try that. I haven't found any information from CIC website saying we cannot do that. Let us keep each other informed!

Li

jimmyz500 said:
Uniwander,

I got my nomination earlier this week. My lawyer suggested that if I get married now, during the CIC process, as long as before the final Visa stamping, your spouse can be added to your case, it may delay your paperwork for a bit, but should still work. That is my understanding. Not sure if anyone has actually done it that way.

-Jimmy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uniwander said:
Hello Guys,

You MUST include your wife in your PR application, nomination or not. If you apply for PR now as a single person and do not include your wife, it will be seen as fraudulent and you will not be able to sponsor your wife under family class and may even lose your own PR. I am surprised that AINP is giving you such bad advice.

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
I will include my wife in my application to CIC...The reason I didn't include her in my AINP appllication is we got married after I sent my applicaiton and AINP refused to include her in the nomination...

Here is the email from AINP:

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your fax received by our office on May 27, 2010.

Please note that as your file has already undergone final review and your nomination was already issued, we cannot add your spouse to your nomination. You may wish to sponsor your spouse under the Family Class if and/or once you have obtained permanent residency in Canada.

For further information on the Family Class, please see the Citizenship & Immigration Canada website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

Leon said:
You MUST include your wife in your PR application, nomination or not. If you apply for PR now as a single person and do not include your wife, it will be seen as fraudulent and you will not be able to sponsor your wife under family class and may even lose your own PR. I am surprised that AINP is giving you such bad advice.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, this is very dangerous advice they are giving you there. When you apply for your PR to CIC, you must include all family members in your application, including your wife. Failing to do that would be misrepresentation and would cause you not to be able to sponsor her under family class later.

hoogirl

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/04/09 (AINP)
Doc's Request.
24/03/2010 (AINP)
Nomination.....
27/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/11/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
13/11/2010
Med's Done....
17/11/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/04/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23/06/2011
Re: Nomination received

nomad_musafir said:
hoogirl,

did you go to UVA?
Nomad, yes, I attended UVA for grad school (Go Cavs). Are you a Cavalier/Wahoo as well??

hoogirl

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/04/09 (AINP)
Doc's Request.
24/03/2010 (AINP)
Nomination.....
27/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/11/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
13/11/2010
Med's Done....
17/11/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/04/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23/06/2011
schumi252 said:
Congrats on that one, can you share with us your NOC code?

Also, did you apply to the state PCC at the Indian consulate in the US or India,

Thanks
PR
Schumi, thank you! My NOC code is 3152 and I did apply for the PCC at my country's consulate in DC (I am not from India). It's supposed to take 4-10 weeks so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

wantabnomination

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7 2010
Doc's Request.
Never
Nomination.....
May 8 2010
Hello Guys,

I have a similar situation here. I will apply to CIC soon as my nomination expires Nov 8, 2010. My marriage is on December 8, 2010. So I will be single at the time of application to CIC. Please post your advice to the situiation. I should be able to sponser her later after getting my PR as I would be single at the time of application and so not hiding any thing. Leon or senior member please advice.
Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You must inform CIC of any changes in your family situation during processing so if you get married after you apply for PR as a single person, you must let them know that you got married and add your wife to your application.

If you do not add your wife but get your visa as a single person and use it to land in Canada after you are already married, it will be seen as misrepresentation, you will not be able to sponsor your wife and may lose your own PR.

If you manage to get your PR and land before you get married, then you can sponsor your wife later but they may get suspicious if you marry very soon after getting your PR. You may have to provide proof that you and your wife did not live together before getting married and therefore did not classify as a common law couple because if you did, then you would also have had to add her to your application.

wantabnomination

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7 2010
Doc's Request.
Never
Nomination.....
May 8 2010
Thanks So you say I must apply to CIC as close as possible to Nov 8 Deadline so my application will still be pending and after 1 month I should inform CIC and add her to my application as If I apply right now, they might complete processing by Dec 8. Still I would not have any problem to proof we were not living together as she is in India and I am in US. She never came here. Let me know your response Leon.
Thanks

Leon said:
You must inform CIC of any changes in your family situation during processing so if you get married after you apply for PR as a single person, you must let them know that you got married and add your wife to your application.

If you do not add your wife but get your visa as a single person and use it to land in Canada after you are already married, it will be seen as misrepresentation, you will not be able to sponsor your wife and may lose your own PR.

If you manage to get your PR and land before you get married, then you can sponsor your wife later but they may get suspicious if you marry very soon after getting your PR. You may have to provide proof that you and your wife did not live together before getting married and therefore did not classify as a common law couple because if you did, then you would also have had to add her to your application.