+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1 to H4 or B2 - Before moving to Canada

usa2canMove

Oct 29, 2017
My wife and I are both currently on H1B visas in the US and live in Detroit suburbs. We got our PRs and plan to move there permanently around June next year.

Our plan is that I would first move to Canada after obtaining a job and then my wife and kids would follow later (Probably in summer). I am confused on whether I should apply for H4 visa or B2 visa so I can travel back and forth between US and Canada. Does anyone have experience on the same and which would you recommend? (wait times, which is easier etc. )

usa2canMove

Oct 29, 2017
My wife and I are both currently on H1B visas in the US and live in Detroit suburbs. We got our PRs and plan to move there permanently around June next year.

Our plan is that I would first move to Canada after obtaining a job and then my wife and kids would follow later (Probably in summer). I am confused on whether I should apply for H4 visa or B2 visa so I can travel back and forth between US and Canada. Does anyone have experience on the same and which would you recommend? (wait times, which is easier etc. )

Anyone here has experience with the same? Thank you.

palak.pandya

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Hi, Can you let me know if you applied for H4 or B2. We have already moved to canada as a PR and have my H1 active. I have to go for H1 stamping, but am confused if my spouse and kid should apply for H4 or B2?

Any help would be appreciated.