+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1-Alberta PNP-nominations NOV'09 and later+PCC, FBI,CIC application discussion!

ChaloCanada

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
19-OCT-2010 (to NY)
Med's Request
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010
I notarized BC, MC, I797.
just color copies for passport

symmetry

Jan 25, 2010
Hi, All, I have a question about "notarized/certified" translation.

Our marriage certificate is not in English. What kind of translation can be accepted as "notarized/certified" by CIC? We once did one for USCIS. My husband translated our marriage certificate, attached a signed statement that the translation is complete and accurate, and notarized his signiture by a notary public. It was accepted by USCIS, but we want to make sure if this is also acceptable by CIC.

Anyone knows? Thanks.

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
I am doing the same thing for all non english certificates.
hope this helps
symmetry said:

Our marriage certificate is not in English. What kind of translation can be accepted as "notarized/certified" by CIC? We once did one for USCIS. My husband translated our marriage certificate, attached a signed statement that the translation is complete and accurate, and notarized his signiture by a notary public. It was accepted by USCIS, but we want to make sure if this is also acceptable by CIC.

Anyone knows? Thanks.

symmetry

Jan 25, 2010
Manny said:
Hi folks,
I was looking at the required documents and forms for CIC filing. I dont see anywhere where CIC wants copies of the birth certificates/marriage certs/passport to be notarized. Is it enough if we submit photo copies without notarization? Can someone tell me if I am reading the reqts wrongly?
Thanks.
According to Buffalo's instruction (Appendix A), my understanding is photocopies would be ok, no need for notarization.

kapilkumar

Jul 14, 2009
United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
18-09-2010
Passport Req..
04-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2012
symmetry said:

Anyone knows? Thanks.
Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and;
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the document.
Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.

Translations by family members are not acceptable.

"statement copied from CIC instruction guide".

symmetry

Jan 25, 2010
kapilkumar said:
Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and;
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the document.
Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.

Translations by family members are not acceptable.

"statement copied from CIC instruction guide".

Thanks. Could you please tell me where you found this guide?

kapilkumar

Jul 14, 2009
United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
18-09-2010
Passport Req..
04-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2012
symmetry said:
Thanks. Could you please tell me where you found this guide?
check "Instruction Guide [IMM EG7000]" under skilled workers

symmetry

Jan 25, 2010
kapilkumar said:
check "Instruction Guide [IMM EG7000]" under skilled workers
Thank you. No wonder I didn't see this, they don't have this statement in the Guide for PNP applicant [IMM EP7000].

But, the problem is who would be qualified to translate this doc? I called several notary publics in our area, all of them said they don't understand my home country's language, so couldn't do the translation. Any advise for this situation?

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
called FBI today again...9th week.... said call back after couple of weeks!! i m still not in their system..... now planning to send without FBI report.... dnt want my PCC from other countries to expire. Will wait a little more & then going ahead without FBI report....

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
desikiVAAT said:
called FBI today again...9th week.... said call back after couple of weeks!! i m still not in their system..... now planning to send without FBI report.... dnt want my PCC from other countries to expire. Will wait a little more & then going ahead without FBI report....
desikiVAAT,

I would wait as much as possible so that way all check List documents (Including FBI ) could be send all at once to not have any confusion. CIC Buffalo will not issue any receipt if you send them with out FBI as they won't be able to work on your file (Due to lack of FBI).

The 2nd thing is you will not have any receipt number to mention when you send your FBI separately which will create all sorts of confusion. That's the reason why CIC,BUFFALO is strongly telling applicants to send completed documents ( Including FBI)

Just give them couple more weeks and you will get your FBI reports. We all have been through long and painful nomination process , So Lets send every thing CIC, BUFFALO is asking so that way they don't have any excuses what's so ever to return our file or for any other complications.

Thanks

kapilkumar

Jul 14, 2009
United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
18-09-2010
Passport Req..
04-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2012
symmetry said:
Thank you. No wonder I didn't see this, they don't have this statement in the Guide for PNP applicant [IMM EP7000].

But, the problem is who would be qualified to translate this doc? I called several notary publics in our area, all of them said they don't understand my home country's language, so couldn't do the translation. Any advise for this situation?
I think you have to find a certified translator to do this job. Check YellowPages. :)

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
image6000 said:
desikiVAAT,

I would wait as much as possible so that way all check List documents (Including FBI ) could be send all at once to not have any confusion. CIC Buffalo will not issue any receipt if you send them with out FBI as they won't be able to work on your file (Due to lack of FBI).

The 2nd thing is you will not have any receipt number to mention when you send your FBI separately which will create all sorts of confusion. That's the reason why CIC,BUFFALO is strongly telling applicants to send completed documents ( Including FBI)

Just give them couple more weeks and you will get your FBI reports. We all have been through long and painful nomination process , So Lets send every thing CIC, BUFFALO is asking so that way they don't have any excuses what's so ever to return our file or for any other complications.

Thanks
yeah image600....the only reason i was planning to send was my other PCCs will expire if FBI is delayed ....i shouldn't have rushed with those PCC application...but that time FBI reports were not taking so long...and now i am stuck. But maybe i will wait till the last day before my PCCs expire.

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
I would suggest, apply PCC again .. you get it in 2 - 4 weeks, if you follow up correctly.. If other countries, not sure .. I know its little bit frustrating .. but worth to spend.

then, you will have everything ready to send them along with the application.

what image600 mentioned is very thoughtful, its been a pain in the butt especially for us .. where it took so long for nomination instead of just taking 60 - 90 days .. for me it took a year !!

desikiVAAT said:
yeah image600....the only reason i was planning to send was my other PCCs will expire if FBI is delayed ....i shouldn't have rushed with those PCC application...but that time FBI reports were not taking so long...and now i am stuck. But maybe i will wait till the last day before my PCCs expire.

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
My patience is running out ... :((
I got FBI cert for myself...but they returned back my wife's cert..saying not readable characterstics :( and asked to resend...
now after 2 weeks my other pcc will invalidate.. crazy world...
guys...please check your fbi fingerprints before sending to FBI..and i did took from a technician in police station..and he messed up...

kismat ho g**ndu...to kya karega pandu...i can just laugh at myself man