+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&c

svs1234

Apr 11, 2021
hi, what does AIP stand for? We also have a H&C application, AOR Oct 2020, as of March 05th showing Decision made. Our lawyers called IRCC and looks like cards have been sent for production and we should get a call from IRCC for in person pick up. But no further communication yet. Any one else in similar situation?

baba2021

Mar 20, 2021
Hello Randj

I sent H&C application for my family by Canada Post.
For members information: {The address in the check list document is incorrect (600-605, Robson Street, Vancouver) But there is another address in the website which is correct ( 800, Burrard Street, Vancouver)}.
Kindly let me know the link how to check the application status.
Thank you

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
hi, what does AIP stand for? We also have a H&C application, AOR Oct 2020, as of March 05th showing Decision made. Our lawyers called IRCC and looks like cards have been sent for production and we should get a call from IRCC for in person pick up. But no further communication yet. Any one else in similar situation?
AIP stands for Approved In Principle aka Approval. It is the first stage for H&C application. Mainly if ECAS shows decision made without first stage approval it could be your application was refused.

But you said that your lawyer call and your cards are in production

Im confused , did you receive AIP? Have you done medical ?

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
Hello Randj

I sent H&C application for my family by Canada Post.
For members information: {The address in the check list document is incorrect (600-605, Robson Street, Vancouver) But there is another address in the website which is correct ( 800, Burrard Street, Vancouver)}.
Kindly let me know the link how to check the application status.
Thank you
You can check your application status once you receive your AOR

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

baba2021

Mar 20, 2021
My initial Canada post tracker for H&C application says returned as " Recipient not located at address provided" (600-605, Robson Street, Vancouver)
Then I called Canada post and requested them if there is a possibility if they can redirect it to the correct address (( 800, Burrard Street, Vancouver)
They said Canada Post don't have the policy of redirecting to the different location even within Vancouver and they assured I will get my application package returned to me in 2-3 days.
As I didn't receive the return package and I verified on their website and still showing as pending. I called again today and asked the status.
Surprisingly, they confirmed that it has been delivered
Not sure how to deal with it. I am worrying about the status of the file.
It may take long time to get AoR
Is there anyway we can reach out IRCC to find out. Thanks

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Can we reapply for h&c if circumstances have changed like divorce? suggest.
Almost 1.5 yrs ago got a negative outcome .
parents over 75. Suggest?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can we reapply for h&c if circumstances have changed like divorce? suggest.
Almost 1.5 yrs ago got a negative outcome .
parents over 75. Suggest?
You can always reapply. Are you your parents in Canada without status at this point if their H&C was denied 1.5 years ago? Assume it is unlikely they got an extension of their visitor status. Will warn you that there will be quite a lot of investigation into if this divorce is a true divorce given the timing. Has one parent left Canada? When did they separate and get divorced relative to the H&C denial? Are you aware that one of your parents may never be able to return to Canada and so they may be separated for life? if you are thinking they could just get remarried and then sponsor the other spouse that is unlikely to work.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi - I hit "like" instead of "reply," if you're wondering.

I believe that what they're saying here is that H&Cs are only considered with applications for PR status. If you want H&C considerations for a work or student permit, or a visitor's extension then that isn't going to be done.

This statement means that they won't consider H&Cs with applications for temporary status.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi - I hit "like" instead of "reply," if you're wondering.

I believe that what they're saying here is that H&Cs are only considered with applications for PR status. If you want H&C considerations for a work or student permit, or a visitor's extension then that isn't going to be done.

This statement means that they won't consider H&Cs with applications for temporary status.
That's exactly right.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is because I read they deny applications from temporary applicants

« We will not look at H&C requests from temporary resident applicants. »

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/after-apply-next-steps/refusal-options/humanitarian-compassionate-grounds

Thanks
An H&C application is a last option and is difficult to get. Why can’t you qualify or work towards any of the economic immigration programs? What are your special circumstances that would make you qualify for H&C?

Reactions: mokosze