+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
Yes i agree, i read everyday cases in federal court website, its really hard to get a positive decision from the judge, because they don't exam your case in JR but they exam the officer's decision if it is reasonable with the arguments and the factors cited in the file and with the measure of reasonableness in the law
Does anyone know how long does JR takes??

Reactions: Swagzzy

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
I found this lawyer in old messages, a member of the forum gave me her contact details.
she made a reconsideration request after a refusal. she got approval with her
Tatiana Gulyaeva
Law Office of Tatiana Gulyaeva
205 – 5409 Yonge Street Toronto, Ontario
416 2736646
I was close to hiring this lawyer around April (this year). I did a consultation with her via skype. From my observation, she sounds intelligent and knows how to analyze a case in order for her to know likely solutions she can recommend to remedy your case..

However, the one major drawback I notice is that her price is "ridiculously" expensive. You will have to sell your kidney to be able to afford her service. I can't say much about her work ethics because I did not hire her to represent me.

Last edited:

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
I was close to hiring this lawyer around April (this year). I did a consultation with her via skype. From my observation, she sounds intelligent and knows how to analyze a case in order for her to know likely solutions she can recommend to remedy your case..

However, the one major drawback I notice is that her price is "ridiculously" expensive. You will have to sell your kidney to be able to afford her service. I can't say much about her work ethic because I did not hire her to represent me.
really !!?? i don't know her but someone in the forum sent me her informations

Reactions: bella12

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Hello. I applied for PR under H&C grounds, I got denied and going through appeal process, I’m on stage 2 judicial review in court, lawyer has not picked a date yet. I am no longer comfortable with my lawyer, he seems to be charging me more than I can afford. Can anyone please recommend a Reliable lawyer in Toronto that can I work with. Thanks
You are better off submitting a new application than applying for JR. Lawyers like to recommend it because it is another avenue they will you will milk your bank account dry. I am talking from experience. I am sure virtually everybody in this group will agree with me.

I almost got scammed by a lawyer that told me she did a JR for me. I never had any discussion about JR with her. As a matter of fact, at the time, I did not have a copy of my refusal letter with me. IRCC did not send me a copy. Also, the lawyer did not have a copy. My question to her is, how was she able to do a JR without knowing the reason for my refusal ?...this question made her look stupid. I requested a copy of the JR application she claims she did. when I read it, my jaw dropped!... Believe me, when I say this, a bright high school student will do a better job than her. All she wrote as an argument was all GENERIC argument that has NOTHING to do reason for my refusal. Bear in mind that at the time, she does not have a copy of my refusal letter.

I am yet to see anybody in this forum that has got their application approved through JR... It is not an application that is in a client's interest. Rather, it is application lawyers use in wasting their client's time and milking their bank account dry!

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
really !!?? i don't know her but someone in the forum sent me her informations
I know the person that sent you her information. That is the same person that sent me the lawyer's contact information. I remember that both I and you were both looking for a good and honest lawyer at the time. This person said her application was refused and applied for a re-consideration through the lawyer and got approved. That was what made both me and you request her lawyer's contact details. I still have the lawyer on my skype. That is because I had a consultation with her around April via skype.

When I said you will need to sell your kidney to afford her service, I wasn't saying it to be funny. I mean it. In fact, you might need to put up your liver for sale should in case the money you got from the sale of your kidney is not enough!

If in doubt, give the lawyer a try. You will surely come back and thank me later!

Last edited:

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
You are better off submitting a new application than applying for JR. Lawyers like to recommend it because it is another avenue they will you will milk your bank account dry. I am talking from experience. I am sure virtually everybody in this group will agree with me.

I almost got scammed by a lawyer that told me she did a JR for me. I never had any discussion about JR with her. As a matter of fact, at the time, I did not have a copy of my refusal letter with me. IRCC did not send me a copy. Also, the lawyer did not have a copy. My question to her is, how was she able to do a JR without knowing the reason for my refusal ?...this question made her look stupid. I requested a copy of the JR application she claims she did. when I read it, my jaw dropped!... Believe me, when I say this, a bright high school student will do a better job than her. All she wrote as an argument was all GENERIC argument that has NOTHING to do reason for my refusal. Bear in mind that at the time, she does not have a copy of my refusal letter.

I am yet to see anybody in this forum that has got their application approved through JR... It is not an application that is in a client's interest. Rather, it is application lawyers use in wasting their client's time and milking their bank account dry!
maybe the great majority of lawyers but mine does not make JR applications, I asked her the question before hiring her.
Hope i will get AIP soon directly without any other complicated procedures

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know the person that sent you her information. That is the same person that sent me the lawyer's contact information. I remember that both I and you were both looking for a good and honest lawyer at the time. This person said her application was refused and applied for a re-consideration through the lawyer and got approved. That was what made both me and you request her lawyer's contact details. I still have the lawyer on my skype. That is because I had a consultation with her around April via skype.

When I said you will need to sell your kidney to afford her service, I wasn't saying it to be funny. I mean it. In fact, you might need to put up your liver for sale should in case the money you got from the sale of your kidney is not enough!

If in doubt, give the lawyer a try. You will surely come back and thank me later!
We refused JR for same reason: lawyer asked 10,000$ just for stage 1 (I presume Stage 2 - actual deliberations in court - would cost even more). And she said it would take 1 year just for stage 1 (due to covid). She also said approval chance is extremely low for JR. She said applying fresh HC is not advisable (JR being much more attractive financially to her, obviously).

we did not listen and applied new HC just on our own. 1 month later received AIP. HC processing times are much faster now than they used to be, especially for repeat applications, so I strongly recommend this route.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

One point to note, and I think not many realize it, is that the successful outcome of JR is not an approval, but rather judge's decision that application should be reconsidered by another officer. And guess what? That new officer still can reject your file! So, whether you do JR or a re-submission, your file still has to go to another officer: with JR, you are just adding an addition layer of complexity ($$$$ + long waiting).