+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

aframehr

Nov 16, 2021
Hi,
Is it normal not to be able to check my status online? I tried both my UCI and applications number, they didn't work for me.
I also updated my phone still the same.
Is there any specific phone number I can check my status?
Please let me know if anyone has information

Reactions: R Brar

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
he was a 2018 applicant...May 2019 one year to be exact they said his application was in queued and requested medical, police Certificate and financial info. Two months later decision was made. Till this day he haven't gotten a reason for the refusal! all they said in the letter was he's subject for removal and CBSA will contact him.
Yes that happenned to my partner. His officer never even sent him refusal letter, she sent it right to CBSA. We ordered GCMS notes to see her refusal notes and then we submitted a new HC to counter her arguments. He was approved. I strongly encourage your friend to order GcMS and be proactive, if he wishes to remain in Canada

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
Is it okay to contact local MP regarding H&C application processing. I have received AOR but no news after that. I really am going through a lot of mental stress as well as supporting my family backhome financially and it’s really hard for me to work without status. Is it a good idea to contact Local MP for meeting and explain my situation? Or should I wait until processing starts?
Hope to get some advise as I do not want to get in any trouble later on.
from my experience, MP could not help the case. Most they can do is follow up on your status with the special phone line they have with IRCC, if you have not heard from IRCC long time. Her assistant wrote us a nice reference letter but IRCC Montreal officer dismissed it: she even wrote in her refusal notes that our reference letters are from people newly arrived in Canada (!), which makes me think she did not even read the letter.

Reactions: wello711

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Is it normal not to be able to check my status online? I tried both my UCI and applications number, they didn't work for me.
I also updated my phone still the same.
Is there any specific phone number I can check my status?
Please let me know if anyone has information
Not normal, but some people never get to see ECaS, especially if they were previously PR and it was revoked. Then new applications cannot be linked to old UCI. If phone updates do not work either, talking to call center agent is your last resort (and ordering GCMS notes every few months).

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Yes that happenned to my partner. His officer never even sent him refusal letter, she sent it right to CBSA. We ordered GCMS notes to see her refusal notes and then we submitted a new HC to counter her arguments. He was approved. I strongly encourage your friend to order GcMS and be proactive, if he wishes to remain in Canada
Oh wow thanks for this information @Katayoon I will pass this information on to my friend.

Reactions: Katayoon

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
from my experience, MP could not help the case. Most they can do is follow up on your status with the special phone line they have with IRCC, if you have not heard from IRCC long time. Her assistant wrote us a nice reference letter but IRCC Montreal officer dismissed it: she even wrote in her refusal notes that our reference letters are from people newly arrived in Canada (!), which makes me think she did not even read the letter.
Same with my friend...he went to the local MP and he was told to go back to his home country and submit a new application.

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly! That also shows that the MP wasn't interested in helping him.
To be honest, even if he did want to help, not much can be done. Many IRCC officers get sensitive when MP get involved, if not upset. Our MP assistant told us not to check on status too often via their line, because officers "will not appreciate it". Nobody wants to be micro-managed, so I get it.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Hello,
Is it okay to contact local MP regarding H&C application processing. I have received AOR but no news after that. I really am going through a lot of mental stress as well as supporting my family backhome financially and it’s really hard for me to work without status. Is it a good idea to contact Local MP for meeting and explain my situation? Or should I wait until processing starts?
Hope to get some advise as I do not want to get in any trouble later on.
Sad to say but MP doesn't have any power or cannot influence the decision of the decision maker, that is against the law and it is strictly prohibited, they cannot even put your file to be process first. MP are there to help you regarding queries your file but they cannot put your file forward as IRCC is strictly following Triage application process. It will be very unfair to everyone if MP is influencing the Decision Maker.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes!! I was told the same thing but here we are, I made it without them:p
Congrats! Never give up. Same for my partner - his IrCC officer wrote in her refusal notes he has to return to his home country and I am free to leave Canada behind and follow him. Even his latest lawyer - a top one in Toronto - said it is pointless to continue fighting. We did not listen and re-submitted again on our own, and won.