Other
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Med's Request
26-05-2021
Med's Done....
05-06-2021
it’s only Ontario issues with Aip
I live in Bc You have to apply for work permit to get the medical or drivers license

every province has different rules and policies
My mother in law got her Alberta Health coverage after AIP. When we went to the local registry office in Calgary they said she is not eligible for health coverage (they don’t know), but than we sent her application to the main office in Edmonton and they approved her application. They gave her health coverage for 1 year.

Reactions: Juneplum and Ayanna

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
What does IRCC mean when they say you don't need medical and police check? And that they are processing your background check? Is this regarding the stage your application is at or they won't need them in the future?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What does IRCC mean when they say you don't need medical and police check? And that they are processing your background check? Is this regarding the stage your application is at or they won't need them in the future?
Was your last medical completed in the past year?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is just general message. It says "you do not need medical exam. We will contact you, if this changes". It means your processing has not reached medical request stage yet. My partner used to get same message and he was excited that medical will not be requested, but later they did send medicals. Regarding police check, I think it should say "you do not need fingerprints. We will contact you if this changes". Same as above, it means they do not need it yet, but later they may still request fingerprints.

Reactions: Pear23

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
This is just general message. It says "you do not need medical exam. We will contact you, if this changes". It means your processing has not reached medical request stage yet. My partner used to get same message and he was excited that medical will not be requested, but later they did send medicals. Regarding police check, I think it should say "you do not need fingerprints. We will contact you if this changes". Same as above, it means they do not need it yet, but later they may still request fingerprints.
Lol ok yes it did say fingerprints. Thanks

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
My mother in law got her Alberta Health coverage after AIP. When we went to the local registry office in Calgary they said she is not eligible for health coverage (they don’t know), but than we sent her application to the main office in Edmonton and they approved her application. They gave her health coverage for 1 year.
Every province is different BC is all about pr
Temporary residency more then six months
That you become eligible for benefits

Reactions: Lexus2021

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
hi @Pear23 are you a failed asylum seeker ?
Hi @wello711 if you failed asylum seeker PRRA applicant or a visitor it’s all depends on your Arguments and factors country also depends officer too
Every case is different I seen members with weak cases got approved exemption but I seen a member 3 Canadian born kids husband Construction business and wife worked in medical
Got refuse then appealed got refuse 3 h&c back to back refusal

The moral of the story is be patient and have faith you will become successful otherwise you end up in hospital trust me
As said before if they want to refuse your application they won’t take that much time
Usually takes 6 months to refuse application now days
Good luck my sister

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi @wello711 if you failed asylum seeker PRRA applicant or a visitor it’s all depends on your Arguments and factors country also depends officer too
Every case is different I seen members with weak cases got approved exemption but I seen a member 3 Canadian born kids husband Construction business and wife worked in medical
Got refuse then appealed got refuse 3 h&c back to back refusal

The moral of the story is be patient and have faith you will become successful otherwise you end up in hospital trust me
As said before if they want to refuse your application they won’t take that much time
Usually takes 6 months to refuse application now days
Good luck my sister
Thanks !
6 months before in process or after in process on ECAS ?

Reactions: Lexus2021

Lexus2021

Sep 7, 2021
Thanks !
6 months before in process or after in process on ECAS ?
my process takes around 6 months after that I got Aip my argument was simple only two pages
Is your application in process yet ? I mean in ecas if not it means your file still waiting for officer to review

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayanna