+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok thanks , I can’t wait my lawyer sent message to Vancouver about update of my application , but it was processing in Niagara , does it matter or not ?
Sorry your lawyer sent email to Vancouver to enquire about status of your application or he/she sent documents to Vancouver to update your application? Niagara does your second stage processing so all enquiries/emails should be addressed to Niagara to avoid delays (your AIP letter already says it, I presume).

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi,

I've been approved for PR (H&C) and I have been asked by Niagara office to pay for Right for Permanent Residence Fee (500$) which I payd,
and I sent all the aditional documents exept the police certificate from Israel (this is for my mother in law 75 years old).

I sent a letter to Niagara office with explenations that I have ordered the police certificate 2 times from Israel (I sent them a proof) but it never received at the embassy in Toronto. (2 mounts alredy).

What do you think will happen next?
Do you think they can proceed the application without police certificate?
Do they ask for PR photos before they send COPR's?

Thanks for your reply
hi David
If everything is complete they not gonna write you only send you final review letter

exemption takes time the senior officer needs to approve it it takes 1 to 6 months
The positive point is they are considering exemption otherwise maybe received a letter from niagara Falls

be patient

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Ok thanks , I can’t wait my lawyer sent message to Vancouver about update of my application , but it was processing in Niagara , does it matter or not ?
your wasting your time with your lawyer the call center agent said everything is done it mean your copr on senior officer desk for signature maybe get your copr soon maybe this week or next

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone I need help regarding H & C application for my mother. Right now she is in canada on super visa . I m only son of my mother . My dad is passed away. Her age is 65 years old . I have two kids . Can I apply H&C application.. plz help me
Given that she is likely able to care for her basic needs at the age of 65 it will be difficult to prove why this is an H&C case versus someone who didn’t get selected for PGP but doesn’t want to wait until they get selected. After PGP draws many applications for H&C for parents are filed. If she gets denied H&C expect that she may have difficulty visiting Canada in the future which is one of the risks.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I've been approved for PR (H&C) and I have been asked by Niagara office to pay for Right for Permanent Residence Fee (500$) which I payd,
and I sent all the aditional documents exept the police certificate from Israel (this is for my mother in law 75 years old).

I sent a letter to Niagara office with explenations that I have ordered the police certificate 2 times from Israel (I sent them a proof) but it never received at the embassy in Toronto. (2 mounts alredy).

What do you think will happen next?
Do you think they can proceed the application without police certificate?
Do they ask for PR photos before they send COPR's?

Thanks for your reply
Once your application passes final review, they will send you link to portal where you can upload your pictures. You will be able to download copr from the same link after you provide all the details, including passport pics.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How come they refused the super visa if I m fulfill all the requirements and there is no immediate family member back home country I m very confused what will I do
Her H&C makes it clear that she wants PR so if she is denied H&C there is often concern that people will try to remain in Canada again so it is much harder to get approved for a TRV or supervisa. Her remaining for almost 7 years straights will almost make it extremely difficult to prove she has ties to her home country so she should reestablish her ties before applying. It is very surprising that she was able to extend for 7 years. That is one of the highest extensions I’ve seen. At a certain point Canada usually refuses extensions which is closer to 3-4 years these days for parents on TRVs. Assume you may have not been selected for PGP. Many who don’t get selected refuse to wait and apply for H&C. Some are denied some are approved partially because there is a program to sponsor parents and grandparents. IRCC doesn’t want anyone with parents in Canada to apply for H&C if they don’t get selected for PGP especially after such a larger # of applicants were just selected.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
From last 5 years I m was trying for pgp program but no luck.. my mom has extended family in my country but not immediate family ..
Many people in your situation because there are only a limited amount of spots. Every year people who don’t get selected then apply for H&C suddenly apply for H&C. Supervisas and PGP were created specifically for parents. Is your mother able to care for herself or is she too frail to do things like cook simple meals, dress herself, do light cleaning, etc.?

Param85

Oct 6, 2021
Her H&C makes it clear that she wants PR so if she is denied H&C there is often concern that people will try to remain in Canada again so it is much harder to get approved for a TRV or supervisa. Her remaining for almost 7 years straights will almost make it extremely difficult to prove she has ties to her home country so she should reestablish her ties before applying. It is very surprising that she was able to extend for 7 years. That is one of the highest extensions I’ve seen. At a certain point Canada usually refuses extensions which is closer to 3-4 years these days for parents on TRVs. Assume you may have not been selected for PGP. Many who don’t get selected refuse to wait and apply for H&C. Some are denied some are approved partially because there is a program to sponsor parents and grandparents. IRCC doesn’t want anyone with parents in Canada to apply for H&C if they don’t get selected for PGP especially after such a larger # of applicants were just selected.
She went back home country after 2 years for couple months we never apply for extension

Param85

Oct 6, 2021
Many people in your situation because there are only a limited amount of spots. Every year people who don’t get selected then apply for H&C suddenly apply for H&C. Supervisas and PGP were created specifically for parents. Is your mother able to care for herself or is she too frail to do things like cook simple meals, dress herself, do light cleaning, etc.?
She is ok but have some problems with her hands

PARMOD92

Apr 16, 2020
Hi all I am new to this platform and need your suggestions on urgent basis ...I filed refugee claim inside canada in 2019 and till date waiting for hearing and some people coming after me getting hearings already .. I am with govt lawyer and he didn't guide . I am here with my wife and our daughter born here on nov 2020 ... and also can I apply humantrain pr in this situation or I need to wait until first hearing

Your comments appreciated

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi all I am new to this platform and need your suggestions on urgent basis ...I filed refugee claim inside canada in 2019 and till date waiting for hearing and some people coming after me getting hearings already .. I am with govt lawyer and he didn't guide . I am here with my wife and our daughter born here on nov 2020 ... and also can I apply humantrain pr in this situation or I need to wait until first hearing

Your comments appreciated
Yes you can