+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Param85

Oct 6, 2021
Hello everyone I need help regarding H & C application for my mother. Right now she is in canada on super visa . I m only son of my mother . My dad is passed away. Her age is 65 years old . I have two kids . Can I apply H&C application.. plz help me

Reactions: wello711

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hello everyone I need help regarding H & C application for my mother. Right now she is in canada on super visa . I m only son of my mother . My dad is passed away. Her age is 65 years old . I have two kids . Can I apply H&C application.. plz help me
Yes she can but she must have good h&c arguments to have good chances

Reactions: Param85

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
(Urgent)......I need help from you guys in the forum in helping me to confirm a piece of information.

Last week Tuesday, I mailed my h&c application to the address I found on the IRCC website. (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5291-humanitarian-compassionate-considerations.html)

Below is the mailing address:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Humanitarian Migration
#300 – 800 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC
V6Z 0B6

Above is the address I placed on my parcel. Bear in mind that it is tracking mail I use so that I can track it online. Yesterday(Monday), I received a notification via the Canada-post app on my phone. It shows as "delivered". When I look at the app to track it, It shows it was delivered to "Richmond,BC." Conversely, In my first h& c application that was done by a lawyer last year(June 2020), I notice that the Canada app shows as delivered to "Vancouver BC".........Please note: It does not show that full address. It just shows the city and province

I guess my questions are :

1) Is the above mailing address correct?.......... (That is the address i found for mailing h&c application on IRCC website for h&application).

2) Why do you think Canada post is showing delivered to Richmond BC and should I be worried that my application was delivered to Richmond and not Vancouver?........Bear in mind that in my first h&c application that was done by a lawyer, when I check the tracking, I notice it shows item processing at Richmond, BC, and then finally delivered to Vancouver, BC. Can you see the difference? So, I don't know why it now saying Richmond, BC

3) If you think it was delivered to the wrong address, should I contact Canada post or IRCC?....or what is your suggestion on what to do next?

4) On the IRCC website for h&c application, It says:
Note: The Humanitarian Migration office in Vancouver will not provide an acknowledgment of receipt letter.

I remember in my first h& c application I received an acknowledgment of receipt letter. I guess my question is, How would I know they have received my application. Is there a way you guys use in confirming that IRCC has received the H&C application?

5)
There is an IRCC website that is used for tracking the progress of a paper format h&c application once IRCC receives an application. I will appreciate it if anybody that knows it can send me the website so that I can use it to track the progress of my application

6) Lastly, Should in I case I need to update IRCC with more documents or information should my circumstance change, I read that it can be done on the IRCC website. I think it's called web form- I am right? If so, can you send me the web link.......

I am patiently waiting for a response from you all in this forum so that I can know my next line of action...Also, I will like to hear from anybody with similar experiences.

Thanks

Last edited:

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
(Urgent)......I need help from you guys in the forum in helping me to confirm a piece of information.

Last week Tuesday, I mailed my h&c application to the address I found on the IRCC website. (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5291-humanitarian-compassionate-considerations.html)

Below is the mailing address:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Humanitarian Migration
#300 – 800 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC
V6Z 0B6

Above is the address I placed on my parcel. Bear in mind that it is tracking mail I use so that I can track it online. Yesterday(Monday), I received a notification via the Canada-post app on my phone. It shows as "delivered". When I look at the app to track it, It shows it was delivered to "Richmond,BC." Conversely, In my first h& c application that was done by a lawyer last year(June 2020), I notice that the Canada app shows as delivered to "Vancouver BC.........Please note: It does not show that full address. It just shows the city and province

I guess my questions are :

1) Is the above mailing address correct?.......... (That is the address i found for mailing h&c application on IRCC website for h&application).

2) Why do you think Canada post is showing delivered to Richmond BC and should I be worried that my application was delivered to Richmond and not Vancouver?........Bear in mind that in my first h&c application that was done by a lawyer, when I check the tracking, I notice it shows item processing at Richmond, BC, and then finally delivered to Vancouver, BC. Can you see the difference? So, I don't know why it now saying Richmond, BC

3) If you think it was delivered to the wrong address, should I contact Canada post or IRCC?....or what is your suggestion on what to do next?

4) On the IRCC website for h&c application, It says:
Note: The Humanitarian Migration office in Vancouver will not provide an acknowledgment of receipt letter.

I remember in my first h& c application I received an acknowledgment of receipt letter. I guess my question is, How would I know they have received my application. Is there a way you guys use in confirming that IRCC has received the H&C application?

5) There is an IRCC website that is used for tracking the progress of a paper format h&c application once IRCC receives an application. I will appreciate it if anybody that knows it can send me the website so that I can use it to track the progress of my application

6) Lastly, Should in I case I need to update IRCC with more documents or information should my circumstance change, I read that it can be done on the IRCC website. I think it's called web form- I am right? If so, can you send me the web link.......

I am patiently waiting for a response from you all in this forum so that I can know my next line of action...Also, I will like to hear from anybody with similar experiences.

Thanks
also my application was delivered to richmond according to fedex and it was received by IRCC

Reactions: bella12

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
also my application was delivered to richmond according to fedex and it was received by IRCC
Oh really? Were you able to confirm that IRCC receive your application ?... Lastly, why do you think it is showing delivered to Richmond BC (and not Vancouver) ?

Do they have an office there in Richmond or what do you think?

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Oh really? Were you able to confirm that IRCC receive your application ?... Lastly, why do you think it is showing delivered to Richmond BC (and not Vancouver) ?

Do they have an office there in Richmond or what do you think?
Richmond is a region in vancouver. i dont know how it work but i think they send theemails to richmond and then they send it to the final address

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Richmond is a region in vancouver. i dont know how it work but i think they send theemails to richmond and then they send it to the final address

1) When did you submit your application ?

2) Going by your response, you said from Richmond,BC, it eventually gets sent to the final destination.... Will that be done by IRCC or the delivery use to mail my application?

3) Did you receive AOR from IRCC that they have received your application or did they contact you in any way that they have received your application?

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
1) When did you submit your application ?

2) Going by your response, you said from Richmond,BC, it eventually gets sent to the final destination.... Will that be done by IRCC or the delivery use to mail my application?

3) Did you receive AOR from IRCC that they have received your application or did they contact you in any way that they have received your application?
i sent it may 27
received may 28
AOR june 10.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
i sent it may 27
received may 28
AOR june 10.
Did IRCC send your AOR to you via mail to your address or to your email?

On the IRCC website for h&c application, It says:

Below is the link......Scroll down to section "STEP 1. Gather documents"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5291-humanitarian-compassionate-considerations.html

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Did IRCC send your AOR to you via mail to your address or to your email?

On the IRCC website for h&c application, It says:

Below is the link......Scroll down to section "STEP 1. Gather documents"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5291-humanitarian-compassionate-considerations.html
they sent it by Email.

this note is for people who send updates by Mails ( postcaanda DHL fedex etc,,,) in this case they will not confirm that they receive updates.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
they sent it by Email.

this note is for people who send updates by Mails ( postcaanda DHL fedex etc,,,) in this case they will not confirm that they receive updates.
Sounds good. thanks for the response. I think my mind is at rest now.Initially, I was worried Canada post sent my application to the wrong adress.

Has IRCC started to process your application?

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Sounds good. thanks for the response. I think my mind is at rest now.Initially, I was worried Canada post sent my application to the wrong adress.

Has IRCC started to process your application?
according to phone updates they check eligibility and background but in ecas it shows application received

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
according to phone updates they check eligibility and background but in ecas it shows application received
Let assume I want to update IRCC with more documents or information should in case my circumstance change in the future while they processing my application, What medium would I use to update them? ..Is it via email or web form ? ( Which option is the best to update IRCC)

If via web form, How what is URL link for the web form to update IRCC