+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
let’s add the date that we got decision made then it helps to take an idea ;)

@Jaxico sept 12th
@Blac Kelly.. sept 8th
@Katayoon doesn’t have ECAS
@Carlos chuks ???
@Rose2021 ???
@Lexus2021???

Thank you!!! Our dreams will be real very soon :)
in my opinion you shouldn't be stressed and anxious like that my friends ! you already have the approval (AIP)
confirmation of permanent residence will come, it's just a matter of time.
The great stress and the great fear is to wait for the decision of the first stage.
don't stress everyone will get PR soon

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But you should have your medical expenses paid by Providence I don’t know why you have to pay your medical

This is how it works you have to wait for one year then you might be eligible to apply for welfare or Government assistant
If you go to the Walfare I’m sure 100% they will report immigration or some authorities

If somebody report to immigration or CBSA yes they can say you lie on your application you say not depending on welfare but you do
It could jeopardize your PR or maybe you’re facing some difficulties
Expenses occurred while they were visitors so healthcare was not covered.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone

We have got our pr in June 2021. We told ircc that we have home and cash worth of $142000 in our home country and we will not be relying on social assistance. But these funds are not available until we go to our home country and now we have got different doctors bills and ambulance bills to be paid for my wife's hospital treatment before we got the pr and on top of that we are paying monthly payments to our lawyer. I am having Parkinson's treatment and can't work for now and my wife has had open heart surgery and can't work for now. In these circumstances, if we apply for social assistance or welfare, can it jeopardize our pr ?

Please share your experience or comments

TIA
Your approval was more than likely based on you being a career to your disabled son while not needing social assistance from the government and being able to support your family. Otherwise it would only add to the expenses so approval would be very difficult. Based on your post it seems as though you indicated in your case that you would have these available funds to support you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So you got WP?

Its sad you are going through this situation, but you could have been truthful in your application. Going on welfare or social assistance might amount to misrepresentation, which is a serious immigration issue, you might lose your PR. I will advice you to seek for disability, since you can't work because of your health situation. I think that will be the only available option you have now.
Going on disability would not be possible if you have that amount of funds. That would also be misleading if you said you would be able to support yourselves without government help and were in Canada purely to care for your disabled child. If IRCC realized that it would lead to everyone on disability then I think approval would have been very difficult. Doesn’t matter because you need to deplete almost all your savings to qualify for disability,

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
But you should have your medical expenses paid by Providence I don’t know why you have to pay your medical

This is how it works you have to wait for one year then you might be eligible to apply for welfare or Government assistant
If you go to the Walfare I’m sure 100% they will report immigration or some authorities

If somebody report to immigration or CBSA yes they can say you lie on your application you say not depending on welfare but you do
It could jeopardize your PR or maybe you’re facing some difficulties
There are very limited funds I have access to but the ambulance expenses and other doctor bills are piling up and I was desparate to help out my son who is so much stressed out with the amount of the bills to be paid so I thought about social assistance by the time I sell my house in my home country. But the ambulance services have accepted our request of monthly part payments and hence the situation is not ok and there is no financial hurdle because of the funds from my pension I get every month from my home country.

Thanks for your reply.

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
Your approval was more than likely based on you being a career to your disabled son while not needing social assistance from the government and being able to support your family. Otherwise it would only add to the expenses so approval would be very difficult. Based on your post it seems as though you indicated in your case that you would have these available funds to support you.
There are very limited funds I have access to but the ambulance expenses and other doctor bills are piling up and I was desparate to help out my son who is so much stressed out with the amount of the bills to be paid so I thought about social assistance by the time I sell my house in my home country. But the ambulance services have accepted our request of monthly part payments and hence the situation is not ok and there is no financial hurdle because of the funds from my pension I get every month from my home country.

Thanks for your reply.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
let’s add the date that we got decision made then it helps to take an idea ;)

@Jaxico sept 12th
@Blac Kelly.. sept 8th
@Katayoon doesn’t have ECAS
@Carlos chuks ???
@Rose2021 ???
@Lexus2021???

Thank you!!! Our dreams will be real very soon :)
Sorry we don't have ECAS but we can add the date of our "final review email" - August 5. Although I guess today this email does not mean much - before COPR was coming next day after such email, but it has been almost 2 months now...