+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Mine shows still in process, aip since February 11
It’s serious! I know someone who got AIP through pathway for Refugee claimants in healthcare though. His AIP was since February too, last week Thursday they sent a mail to him that his Pr has been approved but b4 they will send him copr they needed answers to some questions. Question 1 what date did u enter canada? Question 2 what’s ur UCI number? He answered the questions immediately, up till now no copr yet. So funny

Last edited:
Reactions: Katayoon

Rose2021

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
It’s serious! I know someone who got AIP through pathway for Refugee claimants in healthcare though. His AIP was since February too, last week Thursday they sent a mail to him that his Pr has been approved but b4 they will send him copr they needed answers to some questions. Question 1 what date did u enter canada? Question 2 what’s ur UCI number? He answered the questions immediately, up till now no copr yet. So funny
Hope to get it soon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am surprised they ask for confidential numbers over email. Was it from Niagara BRO?

Reactions: Lexus2021

Carlos chuks

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Hello everyone

We have got our pr in June 2021. We told ircc that we have home and cash worth of $142000 in our home country and we will not be relying on social assistance. But these funds are not available until we go to our home country and now we have got different doctors bills and ambulance bills to be paid for my wife's hospital treatment before we got the pr and on top of that we are paying monthly payments to our lawyer. I am having Parkinson's treatment and can't work for now and my wife has had open heart surgery and can't work for now. In these circumstances, if we apply for social assistance or welfare, can it jeopardize our pr ?

Please share your experience or comments

TIA
Its sad you are going through this situation, but you could have been truthful in your application. Going on welfare or social assistance might amount to misrepresentation, which is a serious immigration issue, you might lose your PR. I will advice you to seek for disability, since you can't work because of your health situation. I think that will be the only available option you have now.

Rose2021

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
Its sad you are going through this situation, but you could have been truthful in your application. Going on welfare or social assistance might amount to misrepresentation, which is a serious immigration issue, you might lose your PR. I will advice you to seek for disability, since you can't work because of your health situation. I think that will be the only available option you have now.
Maybe consult a lawyer first