+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In my case, i got biometrics request, medical request and Pcc request same day, 10months after submission and then my application changed to IN PROCESS on Ecas, i dont know how ling more i have to wait cos till now no update... Anyome had this experience? Like got all this requested for without AIP?
Looks like you submitted your medical at the very end of MRch so have been waiting to hear about AIP since April. You have a very unusual case where it seems as though your husband died abroad and you want to come live with your sister-in-law in Canada which is not a very straightforward case which is why I assume your case required further thought from potentially more senior employees. There is no specific timelines when it comes to AIP or H&C in general.

Rina1021

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Hello everyone, I just need your inputs regarding application for work permit, should you wait for AIP to apply or can you apply with your AOR anyone who got approved a work permit before AIP? Thank you

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Hello everyone, I just need your inputs regarding application for work permit, should you wait for AIP to apply or can you apply with your AOR anyone who got approved a work permit before AIP? Thank you
In my experienced you need to get approved AIP first before you are eligible to apply for OWP.

when did they received your application ?

Lexus2021

Sep 7, 2021
base on my experience I applied before Aip but I got approved the same day with Aip good for one year

you need to ask this questions from Ayanna

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also how long does it takes to get AOR once you passed your application?
Usually it is a few months but there has been huge variability in the past 2 years from a few weeks to 6+months. Did you reapply? Did you figure out why you were not granted an exemption last time? Was it due to all your other applications in process? H&C is a last option so having other application usually must be processed first.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can apply and it will be considered. WP is not something you tyically get access to with an H&C application until AIP unless you can prove that you’ve exhausted all your funds. If can show that you are in dire straights financially and you can’t support yourself you have a chance of getting a WP. It essentially make more sense financially for the government to give you a WP versus having you go access government. Your previous immigratian applications can be referenced to see what funds you declared. Getting a WP after AIP is very common since most approved for AIP go on to receive PR.

Reactions: Rina1021

Mobolajisaac

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Looks like you submitted your medical at the very end of MRch so have been waiting to hear about AIP since April. You have a very unusual case where it seems as though your husband died abroad and you want to come live with your sister-in-law in Canada which is not a very straightforward case which is why I assume your case required further thought from potentially more senior employees. There is no specific timelines when it comes to AIP or H&C in general.
Thanks so much @canuck78 that is exactly my case, i pray i get answer soon someine told me they want to make decision and that is why they request for other documents, that they may not send any Aip again it can just be decision, hopefully positive by the grace of God.