+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have a point , but it works both ways, there are lot of people waiting for Copr , whose their partners are Canadian citizens. It will be more passionately persuasive for them to vote the current government, whose help reunite their family. Most PGP applicants are still PRs , they are not eligible to vote.
If someone has already received AIP for current H&C applications they are almost guaranteed PR approval so it is essentially viewed as a matter of time before they get PR. Until a parent has received PGP they aren’t assured PR. Their children are usually citizens so they’re able to vote. Was referring to the announcement that the draw would take place in September as being motivated by the election.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
I feel our COPR delay is a simple matter of vacations and files backlog...Fingers crossed we are almost there.
Hi Katayoon,

I am almost done with my application. I have written a cover letter that addresses all the questions 7-13 in the format you recommended. However, it is a "draft copy" for now. I still have to review over and over to ensure I did not forget any important information. Once I have completed it, then I will begin to type the final copy. it will take me time because I will have to review the final copy for any mistake.

I remember in one of your previous responses to my question, you said you wrote brief points to address your previous refusal. you said you wrote it in bullet points. Correct?

Bear in mind, there are a lot of paragraphs in my refusal letter. I personally feel it makes no sense for me to begin to address each paragraph as this might be wasting the time of an immigration officer, it will make my cover letter longer than necessary and also might kind of create some confusion for an immigration officer. Again, I don't want to make it look like I am trying to be defensive in order not to anger the new officer that will review my new application...Hope you get my point?

For the majority of the paragraphs in the refusal letter, my background statement ( that is, my personal statement )in my cover letter is already it. However, there are some sections the immigration officer wrote that I did not submit certain evidence.

I guess my question here is: Should I just address ONLY the evidence required as an update OR should I address everything thing in the letter? What is your best advice on a brief way and format I can use to respond to some of the concerns the immigration officer wrote in my refusal letter? give me an example of how you wrote yours.....The format/structure is what is actually what is important.

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: RaiSaab108

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Katayoon,

I am almost done with my application. I have written a cover letter that addresses all the questions 7-13 in the format you recommended. However, it is a "draft copy" for now. I still have to review over and over to ensure I did not forget any important information. Once I have completed it, then I will begin to type the final copy. it will take me time because I will have to review the final copy for any mistake.

I remember in one of your previous responses to my question, you said you wrote brief points to address your previous refusal. you said you wrote it in bullet points. Correct?

Bear in mind, there are a lot of paragraphs in my refusal letter. I personally feel it makes no sense for me to begin to address each paragraph as this might be wasting the time of an immigration officer, it will make my cover letter longer than necessary and also might kind of create some confusion for an immigration officer. Again, I don't want to make it look like I am trying to be defensive in order not to anger the new officer that will review my new application...Hope you get my point?

For the majority of the paragraphs in the refusal letter, my background statement ( that is, my personal statement )in my cover letter is already it. However, there are some sections the immigration officer wrote that I did not submit certain evidence.

I guess my question here is: Should I just address ONLY the evidence required as an update OR should I address everything thing in the letter? What is your best advice on a brief way and format I can use to respond to some of the concerns the immigration officer wrote in my refusal letter? give me an example of how you wrote yours.....The format/structure is what is actually what is important.

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks
I only addressed those refusal points where I had solid evidence to propose, e.g.:

"Officer's concern was that there is no evidence I (=my spouse) participate in my son's life. Please find attached pictures how I take care of my son and evidence that I took parental leave to stay at home etc."

I had 4-5 bullets.

I did not address subjective points like when she said that I am free to move to my partner's country to stay there. It is her personal opinion and there is nothing to add there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My application is also on hold there is no activity fro,m 5 months my criminality is in progress but eligibility and security not started. i guess our application will take three years ,we both should protest
That doesn’t mean your application is on hold. It just means that you are in line for your background searches but your application is still being processed. It is not unusual to have no movement when it comes to your file for months. It used to be no activity for over a year if not 2.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
The applicant is inside Canada and commonlaw is outside Canada. The applicant only pay 550 without RPRF or they need also to pay another 550 for the common law outside Canada. Please advised

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
I feel our COPR delay is a simple matter of vacations and files backlog...Fingers crossed we are almost there.
There is no backlog if one officer go on vacation your file transfer to other officers
Last Thursday and Friday few ppl got their copr but they were from 2018 and 2019 applicants

Last edited:
Reactions: Naz786