+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My whole family is in Canada, I am 70 and single ,staying with son and taking care of grandson, good health n good finances. I am taking care of grandson aged 7 right from birth in home country and in Canada for the last one year. We entered Canada last year, my son on PR and I as visitor. I cannot wait Parent and grandparent(Income three years) and super visa (Out of Canada n waiting time one year)What are the chances of H and C application ? Ties to Canada, BIOC n establishment of family as elder son well settled. Kindly guide.
There are quite a few issues in your application. You are in good health and can care for yourself. You seem to have moved to Canada with your son (which isn’t supposed to happen) and feel like you have H&C circumstances above and beyond other parents who follow the visa and sponsorship programs geared towards parents and grandparents. Your grandson is in school most of the day so childcare may only be needed after school like many other children in Canada. You had the option of supervisa and PGP. Although it is nice having a grandparent 24/7 it is often not seen as a necessity and a reason enough to get PR. Many grandparents visit their grandchildren and keep in touch via phone or video app the rest of the time. Still up to IRCC so you never know.

Last edited:

Carlos chuks

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
My whole family is in Canada, I am 70 and single ,staying with son and taking care of grandson, good health n good finances. I am taking care of grandson aged 7 right from birth in home country and in Canada for the last one year. We entered Canada last year, my son on PR and I as visitor. I cannot wait Parent and grandparent(Income three years) and super visa (Out of Canada n waiting time one year)What are the chances of H and C application ? Ties to Canada, BIOC n establishment of family as elder son well settled. Kindly guide.
Considering your age and status, your best option is parents and grandparents sponsorship.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Lol thank you for your encouragement
I have a question.

When you did your application, do you mind me asking if you added some articles from your country to validate some of the grounds for h&c?

If so, how did you reference it to validate some of your grounds? I know how to do it but I am thinking of the best way to present it so that I don't waste too much of an immigration's officer time. Take for example, let's say I print an article. and I want to reference a paragraph and use it to validate a point for my h&c ground.

1) Do I just write that the see article "x" ( that means an officer will have to read the entire article) OR ( 2) Should I just "quote" the exact paragraph I need in the article in my writing for some of my h&c ground?

What's your best suggestion?

Lastly, do I need to highlight the paragraph I am quoting from the printed article so that an officer can easily first the exact paragraph i am referring to in the article?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a question.
When you did yout application, do you mind me asking is you added some artcles from your country to validate some of grounds for h&c ?

If so, how did you reference it ? I know how to do it but I am thinking of th best way to present it so that I dont waste too of of any immigration's officer time. Take for example,
Think your situation is quite different. @Katayoon’s husband’s case would be based on having a spouse and child in Canada and how not having a father present would not be in the best interest of a Canadian child. Having a spouse present would also not be in the best interest of the Canadian spouse.

Reactions: Katayoon

Blexo

Aug 13, 2021
Hi everyone, I am new on this thread, I submitted my h&c application Nov last year and got a mail that they received my application in Dec. But whenever I check my application status, it just shows application received, nothing like in process as I use to see people write here. Please can anyone explain this to me. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Fayamufi

Blexo

Aug 13, 2021
Application received Nov 2020 and Acknowledgement letter Dec 2020
I have 3 children including my husband and one is a Canadian citizen.

Zaher1986

Mar 5, 2019
Hi All,
Hope you are all doing well.
I’m new here. failed refugee Claimant 2018, and applied for H&C:

- Applied 10 July 2020
- AOR 8 September 2020
- Processing 14 April 2021

Best interest of child, hardships and establishment

When do you recommend to request GCMS notes and how long does it take usually for the first stage?.

I feel like my file is moving so slowly
Any advice??

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi everyone, I am new on this thread, I submitted my h&c application Nov last year and got a mail that they received my application in Dec. But whenever I check my application status, it just shows application received, nothing like in process as I use to see people write here. Please can anyone explain this to me. Thanks in advance.
Look like the dust Piling on file
you need order gcms note as soon you can

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi All,
Hope you are all doing well.
I’m new here. failed refugee Claimant 2018, and applied for H&C:

- Applied 10 July 2020
- AOR 8 September 2020
- Processing 14 April 2021

Best interest of child, hardships and establishment

When do you recommend to request GCMS notes and how long does it take usually for the first stage?.

I feel like my file is moving so slowly
Any advice??
It’s Perfect time to order a Gcms note
The only way I’m seeing your files going slow maybe you have a open application somewhere

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
If you have a open application or pending application that’s why it’s not in process otherwise you should be got answer last month that’s the latest