+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
many people for exemple they apply for h&c but they aren’t inadmissible is this better for them or not?
I just ask because I want to become consultant :)
I already got AIP
HC route is normally used by inadmissible people with establishment in Canada as a last resort to remain in Canada. We sometimes see people who do not have inadmissibility issues applying under this stream: I remember a few people here who got AIP while being on a tourist visa. It is difficult, but not impossible. Each case is unique and each immigration officer has a different threshold for compassion. You would not know the outcome until you try. If however one can find a more mainstream route (family sponsorship, post-study permits), it is much better. Shorter processing and less dependance on the mood/charachter of your officer.

Reactions: R Brar and Ayanna

MA222

Aug 8, 2021
HI ,
I have just submitted my H& C application last week, I consulted a lawyer and He prepared my application and mailed last week.
I want to check how much normally needed to process 1st stage and how I can know regarding application progress.
2ndly I want to know how I can add new documents and after how much time I can add new documents.
Regards

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
HI ,
I have just submitted my H& C application last week, I consulted a lawyer and He prepared my application and mailed last week.
I want to check how much normally needed to process 1st stage and how I can know regarding application progress.
2ndly I want to know how I can add new documents and after how much time I can add new documents.
Regards
First all you got to wait for Aor after that your application go to process
It maybe take from 3 months up to 18 months
Yes you can submitted more documents but you got to wait for your application number

R Brar

Star Member
May 28, 2015
HC route is normally used by inadmissible people with establishment in Canada as a last resort to remain in Canada. We sometimes see people who do not have inadmissibility issues applying under this stream: I remember a few people here who got AIP while being on a tourist visa. It is difficult, but not impossible. Each case is unique and each immigration officer has a different threshold for compassion. You would not know the outcome until you try. If however one can find a more mainstream route (family sponsorship, post-study permits), it is much better. Shorter processing and less dependance on the mood/charachter of your officer.
Assessment based on laws, practices ,data available and outcome of applications. I fully agree. It is better to exhaust available normal routes of immigration, otherwise the officer refers available options and refuses. I applied on line June 2021 as other options were difficult to avail.

MA222

Aug 8, 2021
First all you got to wait for Aor after that your application go to process
It maybe take from 3 months up to 18 months
Yes you can submitted more documents but you got to wait for your application number
Thanks a lot Ayanna . What is AOR and either they will inform me or only my lawyer as i filled representative form also .

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot Ayanna . What is AOR and either they will inform me or only my lawyer as i filled representative form also .
acknowledgment of receipt. It will go to the email that you indicated on forms as contact email (likely your lawyer's email)

Reactions: R Brar and MA222

Jaxico

Nov 29, 2020
Yes I do! I paid the 5$, thanks! ;)

I called Service Canadá today, as I’m still worried about my documents & medical exam. Finally, They confirmed that they got all my documents and my medical in July, they are pending to change my ECAS. Hopefully I’m a little bit closer ;)

As I got approved in Toronto, my AIP letter is coming from there without officer assigned from Niagara. They mention to send all the documents to Niagara. As you know, my case is different to most of the people, that’s why Toronto May decided this.

all the best ;)

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
good luck Jaxico. Did you manage to request GCMS?
Sorry to bother you once again, regarding your response to my question about addressing the question :
clearly indicate in your application the specific exemption(s( you are requesting
Provide all details related to this request, including the reasons why you should be granted exemption on h&c ground.

This is the link you posted to answer my question.(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/refusals-overview.html)

You said recommended this exemption as "non-compliance with the Act" since you said it is applicable to my situation. When I look at the website again, I notice is it is titled: Temporary residents: Refusals overview.

When looked at this link tilted: Humanitarian and compassionate: Dealing with inadmissibility( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/humanitarian-compassionate-consideration/processing/dealing-with-inadmissibility.html).

Correct me if I am wrong, It seems the first link is for "Temporary resident(TR) " while the second link is mainly for H&C application....I pointed this out because I notice that the list of inadmissibility is different. There are about 9 listed for TR for while there are ONLY 3 listed for h&c......Remember I told you the lawyer use wrote financial and medical as my exemption. To be honest, I did not understand how she arrives at this exemption. maybe it is because it is closer to my situation is why she use it. I don't know

I will appreciate it if you can take a look at both links... do you notice any difference? Would you still insist that "non-compliance with the Act" for TR is applicable for my h&c application?

I will also appreciate other people in the forum contribute their knowledge to my question

Thanks

Last edited: