+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
If you are requesting an exemption because you or a family member are inadmissible, or do not meet any applicable criteria or obligation of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act, you must:
• clearly indicate in your application the specific exemption(s) you are requesting; and
• provide all details related to this request, including the reasons why you should be granted an exemption on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

Can someone explain in a lame's man language what this question is all about? One major thing I do not understand is what kind of exemption are they referring to? Below are exemptions I find on the IRCC website :

From my understanding of the question,I am guessing is:

1) "specific exemption(s)" is this referring to grounds for h& c such as hardship, medical reason etc ....... Right ?

2) . Unfortunately, I can find hardship as part of the exemption. is it linked to financial exemption?

2) "provide all details related to this request", Is this referring for me to providing more details or describing each ground and also reasons I should be granted exemptions? .

Last edited:

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are requesting an exemption because you or a family member are inadmissible, or do not meet any applicable criteria or obligation of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act, you must:
• clearly indicate in your application the specific exemption(s) you are requesting; and
• provide all details related to this request, including the reasons why you should be granted an exemption on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

Can someone explain in a lame's man language what this question is all about? One major thing I do not understand is what kind of exemption are they referring to? Below are exemptions I find on the IRCC website :

From my understanding of the question,I am guessing is:

1) "specific exemption(s)" is this referring to grounds for h& c such as hardship, medical reason etc ....... Right ?

2) . Unfortunately, I can find hardship as part of the exemption. is it linked to financial exemption?

2) "provide all details related to this request", Is this referring for me to providing more details or describing each ground and also reasons I should be granted exemptions? .
you are inadmissible to Canada because you failed to comply with IRPA by overstaying visa. You do no not have Medical inadmissibility - your depression does not make you inadmissible to Canada, it is your HC factor that you are using to overcome your inadmissibility. You are confusing inadmissibility reasons with HC grounds.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/refusals-overview.html
  • Any grounds for inadmissibility according to the Act [subsections A34 to 42], that is grounds related to any of the following:
    • security
    • human or international rights violations
    • criminality
    • organized crime
    • health
    • financial reasons
    • misrepresentation
    • non-compliance with the Act (this is what applies to you)
    • inadmissible family member
Since you are inadmissible to Canada, you are requesting exemption from your inadmissibility by applying under the HC route. Hardship, depression,unemployment back home - all of these are HC grounds that you will use to request exemption from your inadmissibility to Canada.

details of your HC grounds can be given in supporting documents.

Last edited:

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
you are inadmissible to Canada because you failed to comply with IRPA by overstaying visa. You do no not have Medical inadmissibility - your depression does not make you inadmissible to Canada, it is your HC factor that you are using to overcome your inadmissibility. You are confusing inadmissibility reasons with HC grounds.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/refusals-overview.html
  • Any grounds for inadmissibility according to the Act [subsections A34 to 42], that is grounds related to any of the following:
    • security
    • criminality
    • organized crime
    • health
    • financial reasons
    • misrepresentation
Since you are inadmissible to Canada, you are requesting exemption from your inadmissibility by applying under the HC route. Hardship, depression,unemployment back home - all of these are HC grounds that you will use to request exemption from your inadmissibility to Canada.

Thanks for the detailed response. It is now beginning to make sense to me now.

The second lawyer I was using wrote exemption for financial reasons and medical reasons.. Why do you think she wrote both as a reason.? That was what really confused me...

From my understanding of what you wrote, " non-compliance with the Act" means that an applicant did not abide with the terms and conditions of their valid visa by overstaying ..Is that correct?

If so, that 100% applies to me.

Please note: I have ended my contract with this lawyer as it is evident she is leading me into a sinking ship.No wonder when I ask her questions about anything she doing on my application, she always avoid it .

Last edited:

bella12

Jul 10, 2019

• security
    • criminality
    • organized crime
    • health
    • financial reasons
    • misrepresentation

One more question I will like to ask just to be 100% sure. I understood you correctly...

non-compliance with the Act----since this applies to me, I will have to list all the h&c grounds such as hardship, medicals establishment, etc that should exempt me from "non-compliance with the Act"....am I right?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the detailed response. It is now beginning to make sense to me now.

The second lawyer I was using wrote exemption for financial reasons and medical reasons.. Why do you think she wrote both as a reason.? That was what really confused me...

From my understanding of what you wrote, " non-compliance with the Act" means that an applicant did not abide with the terms and conditions of their valid visa by overstaying ..Is that correct?

If so, that 100% applies to me.

Please note: I have ended my contract with this lawyer as it is evident she is leading me into a sinking ship. No wonder she was pressing me for money without doing anything
Yes. Correct.
I think your lawyer meant exemption from inadmissibility due to non-compliance with IRPA on the following HC grounds: depression due to family loss (medical), difficulty to find job or reconstruct business back home (financial reasons). Again, we have to be careful not to mix inadmissibility grounds with HC grounds. Your depression and financial difficulties are grounds to grant you exemption from inadmissibility, they are not the reason for your inadmissibility.

Reactions: bella12

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more question I will like to ask just to be 100% sure. I understood you correctly...

non-compliance with the Act----since this applies to me, I will then list all the h&c grounds such as hardship, medicals establishment, etc....am i right?
yes.

Reactions: bella12

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
That makes PERFECT SENSE........Now, i 100% understand your explanation.I will recommend or suggest you consider practicing as an immigration lawyer or consultant. If not now, maybe in the future. Your explanation is very concise and clear.

I think my lawyer wants to lead me to a sinking ship. this is why I ended my contract with her

Thank you once again. very grateful

Reactions: Katayoon