+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Only you see the name they approved the application they are good officers the one who deny you don’t see their name just the last digit numbers
Good cop bad cop lol
Good officers can also deny people. Whether you are a competent officer or member has nothing to do with whether you deny people or accept people. In general who is accepted is dependent on what Canada has determined in an H&C case and precedent.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Katayoon
How long take citizenship process I’m getting eligible for citizenship 2023 my lawyer said
That seems to early. What was your status as you applied for H&C? If I remember correctly you we’re not a temporary resident but had a WP based on your H&C application. If so then that time would not count. If you did have temporary status and got your WP through that then up to 1 year of working will count.

Reactions: Ajakarian17

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But i had officer full name written on my refusal letter it said senior immigration officer and then his name
Maybe officers have the option to put their name or identifying ID depending on what they are most comfortable with for safety reasons. The fact that they are a senior officer may also have something to do with it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I know. I received on july 1st too. Hope they didnt forget me.... snif
It has only been one week. You are also the primary applicant so it isn’t unusual for the dependents to receive requests after this. Would try to be patient and not send any more requests. Not responding right away doesn’t mean that they haven’t got the other 2 requests. Everyone sending multiple requests actually is one of the reasons responses are often slowed down. Just remember that you have gotten over the toughest part so this part should be easier although not as fast as you may want. I would suggest that you do your medical first if you are not having to travel a long distance to do the medicals and then the rest of the family can do their medicals.

Reactions: Latin40

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
It has only been one week. You are also the primary applicant so it isn’t unusual for the dependents to receive requests after this. Would try to be patient and not send any more requests. Not responding right away doesn’t mean that they haven’t got the other 2 requests. Everyone sending multiple requests actually is one of the reasons responses are often slowed down. Just remember that you have gotten over the toughest part so this part should be easier although not as fast as you may want. I would suggest that you do your medical first if you are not having to travel a long distance to do the medicals and then the rest of the family can do their medicals.
Thanks for your advice.

Kenirotlory

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
I came here in 2017 as a refugee
got rejected in hearing
then first appeal rejected
then federal appeal rejected
then they give me deportation date 9th of September 2019
my laywer stop my deportation from UN at 8th of September
Then after 6 months during covid in April 2020 my UN appeal was rejected and deportation got resume but bcoz of covid deportations are stop
And then I made H&C find below exact dates.

1. received your application for permanent residence on June 15, 2020.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 28, 2020.

3. We started processing your application on January 22, 2021.

4. We sent you a letter on October 7, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

5. We sent you medical instructions on April 22, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

6. Medical results have been received.
I did medical 8th of May. Application based on best interest of a child and hardship in my country.

My Laywer is a best person he is honest and listen me everytime all obove problems I got bcoz of previous laywers I spend almost 20 thousand on laywers
Congratulations

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
There was a citizenship calculator on IrCC website when I applied back in 2017 but I don't think it covered complex cases like how to count days before you became PR but were a refugee etc.

To be eligible to apply for citizenship, you need to physically live in Canada for three years after you get PR. If you studied and or worked in Canada on a TRV prior to PR, you get to count up to an additional 365 days (1 day for every 2 days worked/studied) towards the physical residency requirement.
https://www.quora.com › Can-I-appl...
Can I apply for Canadian citizenship after 3 years? - Quora

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
To be eligible to apply for citizenship, you need to physically live in Canada for three years after you get PR. If you studied and or worked in Canada on a TRV prior to PR, you get to count up to an additional 365 days (1 day for every 2 days worked/studied) towards the physical residency requirement.
https://www.quora.com › Can-I-appl...
Can I apply for Canadian citizenship after 3 years? - Quora
What about those who were in Canada for 3 years on visitor visa with no work ?

Reactions: Fayamufi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What about those who were in Canada for 3 years on visitor visa with no work ?
You can count time spent in Canada as a visitor. However you only get 1/2 credit for every day up to a year credit maximum. This means if you were a visitor for three years, you can count 1 year credit towards the citizenship residency requirement and the other 2 years need to be after you have become a PR.

Reactions: RaiSaab108

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
You can count time spent in Canada as a visitor. However you only get 1/2 credit for every day up to a year credit maximum. This means if you were a visitor for three years, you can count 1 year credit towards the citizenship residency requirement and the other 2 years need to be after you have become a PR.
Thanks @scylla