+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Thank you all for your response. And l pray that very soon, we will all receive good news on our application and all this heartache and emotional immigration issue will be over.

I have another question, l was told to provide recent letter of employment, recent paystub, proof that l am not on welfare or evidence to show that l can support myself financially. My husband is the principal applicant who has been working even throughout the pandemic and uptill now. His paystub is not an issue. But as for me, l am on leave of absence since 3 months (l advised my company that l could not continue to work from home due to covid and caring for the kids who schooled from home, its distracting and leading to poor performance at work, l could not also put my baby with medical issue in day care too) But a month ago, l advised my company that l will be back to work in first week of July. I want to request from my company to provide a letter showing that l am still working with them, l have no recent paystub to provide, what other proof can l provide within the short period of 30 days, please advise. Thank you very much.
that’s fine as long as you’re not on welfare your application going to get approved sooner for stage 2 because you take care of your kids be a mom Immigration consider as a full-time job All they want to see the bank statements and employment letters payslips so they wanna keep something in your file that’s all

Last edited:

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Did they call you to confirm your address before sending your pr card.
In February 2021 officer contacted my lawyer for updates she wrote that she is make decisions on ****** case she give us two weeks support documents but my lawyer need one month he asked extension
We need sent address three months paystub’s bank statement address verification which is a utility bill employees verification police Certificate for my husband etc

My lawyer was very worried
He look at me I was calm and smiling
He asked are you not worried I told him why should I
If she want to refuse my case she would do long time she doesn’t need updates information

Updates received on March 2
Aip copr and Pr almost 12 weeks back to back

SamLi

Nov 28, 2020
From 1 month up to 11 months
You can’t send reconsideration after 12 months then you have to reapply
So we can apply for reconsideration & submit a new H&C application also at the same time? If reconsideration works, we can withdraw the new application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He say some racist stuff to me like there’l are other countries you can go why are you guys are coming to Canada so if it’s not racist and what is this!
The only people who understand me or been in our shoes and what they’ve been through
Speaking with this French people think they’re not recess tell me about it
Then you should have given that example and complained to IRCC on the spot since they will have a recording. Your previous example had no racism. There are French speakers from various cultures throughout Canada and the world. It is very important to use clear language and not make generalizations. Not saying that Canada has no racists unfortunately they exist but your comment could also lead to innocent people being targeted. Unless someone has shown you they are racist nobody should assume that an IRCC employee is racist. You are well respected on this forum and your words have a lot of power. You don't know who is reading your comments. Don't want to see anyone innocently targeted within Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Based on my lawyer information What I was been told I have Been in Canada for 4 years before Pr it count as 2 years which I’m applying for citizenship in 2023 if Covid 19 or any variants don’t kill me by that time lol
will be Canadian citizen
You can only have 1 year credit towards citizenship before PR. Any time after getting protected status does count as a half day up to 1 year. Obviously any time after PR counts as a day. Time during an asylum claim or PPRA doesn't count towards citizenship. Time during an H&C clam may or may not count depending on yor status during the H&C claim.

Reactions: Lolly smiles

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That makes sense. 2nd H&C application goes faster in-process than 1st one or it takes the same time?
H&C applications have started being processed faster around a year ago so that is a factor. The fact that you have already submitted a large portion of your evidence during the first claim means there is less work needed to process the second claim.

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Then you should have given that example and complained to IRCC on the spot since they will have a recording. Your previous example had no racism. There are French speakers from various cultures throughout Canada and the world. It is very important to use clear language and not make generalizations. Not saying that Canada has no racists unfortunately they exist but your comment could also lead to innocent people being targeted. Unless someone has shown you they are racist nobody should assume that an IRCC employee is racist. You are well respected on this forum and your words have a lot of power. You don't know who is reading your comments. Don't want to see anyone innocently targeted within Canada.
@canuck78
When u have no status u have no voice that moment I had no status I was scared specially when u a woman . It’s more difficult to raise your voice . I am not here for bunch of a people I am here for thousands of people with same situation . I can tell u are a good person deep down there with lots of experience . You are kin on helping people .