+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi friends, congrats to new AIPs and PRs, how much before being landed counts for citizenship if you were on your visitor visa,the time before PR?
Based on my lawyer information What I was been told I have Been in Canada for 4 years before Pr it count as 2 years which I’m applying for citizenship in 2023 if Covid 19 or any variants don’t kill me by that time lol
will be Canadian citizen

Yinkus

Jul 29, 2016
I am a silent member of this group, thank you all for your encouragement and support. I read all your comments and l checked my H$C every day and for updates in this forum. Just yesterday, l got frustrated and l told myself that l will not check daily update and my application status every day but will wait for the next one month. I woke up this morning, I received an email from immigration that my application for PR and exemption for inside Canada has been approved. An email will.be sent to me for medical and to provide proof of employment or paystub and also pay $500 processing fee. Is this the long awaited AIP? My application status is still showing in progress.
My timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 23, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 6, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on April 30, 2021.
Thank you all for your response. And l pray that very soon, we will all receive good news on our application and all this heartache and emotional immigration issue will be over.

I have another question, l was told to provide recent letter of employment, recent paystub, proof that l am not on welfare or evidence to show that l can support myself financially. My husband is the principal applicant who has been working even throughout the pandemic and uptill now. His paystub is not an issue. But as for me, l am on leave of absence since 3 months (l advised my company that l could not continue to work from home due to covid and caring for the kids who schooled from home, its distracting and leading to poor performance at work, l could not also put my baby with medical issue in day care too) But a month ago, l advised my company that l will be back to work in first week of July. I want to request from my company to provide a letter showing that l am still working with them, l have no recent paystub to provide, what other proof can l provide within the short period of 30 days, please advise. Thank you very much.

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
Thank you all for your response. And l pray that very soon, we will all receive good news on our application and all this heartache and emotional immigration issue will be over.

I have another question, l was told to provide recent letter of employment, recent paystub, proof that l am not on welfare or evidence to show that l can support myself financially. My husband is the principal applicant who has been working even throughout the pandemic and uptill now. His paystub is not an issue. But as for me, l am on leave of absence since 3 months (l advised my company that l could not continue to work from home due to covid and caring for the kids who schooled from home, its distracting and leading to poor performance at work, l could not also put my baby with medical issue in day care too) But a month ago, l advised my company that l will be back to work in first week of July. I want to request from my company to provide a letter showing that l am still working with them, l have no recent paystub to provide, what other proof can l provide within the short period of 30 days, please advise. Thank you very much.
Am wondering if your employment letter from this company and the previous pay stubs as well could work and also an explanation letter that why you didn't work for three months.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on my lawyer information What I was been told I have Been in Canada for 4 years before Pr it count as 2 years which I’m applying for citizenship in 2023 if Covid 19 or any variants don’t kill me by that time lol
will be Canadian citizen
No worries, If HC/asylum did not kill you, covid will do nothing to you! This 6-year process was the biggest test of our immune and nervous systems!!! What does not kill you makes you stronger.

my partner has been in Canada since 2015 but mostly out of status. Will this time count towards his citizenship as well?

Reactions: RaiSaab108

Saraaaa

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
will be Canadian citizen
Of course you will❤

• Love
Reactions: Ayanna

Saraaaa

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
will be Canadian citizen
Sorry @Ayanna , I sent you a message

Reactions: Ayanna

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
No worries, If HC/asylum did not kill you, covid will do nothing to you! This 6-year process was the biggest test of our immune and nervous systems!!! What does not kill you makes you stronger.

my partner has been in Canada since 2015 but mostly out of status. Will this time count towards his citizenship as well?
Based on I talk with my lawyer you have to have a pending application or a visitor Status Work Permit Status or pending refugee status yes this is Count citizenship I don’t know without status

Yeah Covid -19 I got vaccine im safe but we don’t know what’s going to happen 3 to 5 years it’s experiment

Last edited: