+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No worries if you take care of your kids this is also consider as full time
lol you nailed it - taking care of a child (let alone many of them!) full time is the hardest job I have ever done!!!

my partner was on a 35-week parental leave when we applied and he got AIP. This was our main HC factor (he is primary caregiver of our Canadian son so it even broke CBSA's hearts to see a tiny baby watching his dad about to get deported).

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can i ask if i owe Social Assistance but not currently on there system. Does that affects my application?
They will be evaluating financials at Stage 2 most probably (after AIP). So when you submit additional docs; you can explain why you owe and how do you plan to clear that debt.

we made a mistake in our earlier HC applications by not explaining in cover letter the gaps that we had. For example, my partner had a 4 month trip back home and the officer rejected his application, writing that if he can stay so long there, it means there is no hardship as he claims.

so in our last HC application, I wrote a long page about how he stayed 4 months there because his passport expired and he could not board the return flight, and he had to go through a bureaucratic nightmare to renew it. With evidence attached. This time he got AIP.

I cannot stress enough the importance of your cover letter. If you feel you have gaps that can affect your application, please use every opportunity to bring it up and defend yourself, before they turn it against you.

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
They will be evaluating financials at Stage 2 most probably (after AIP). So when you submit additional docs; you can explain why you owe and how do you plan to clear that debt.

we made a mistake in our earlier HC applications by not explaining in cover letter the gaps that we had. For example, my partner had a 4 month trip back home and the officer rejected his application, writing that if he can stay so long there, it means there is no hardship as he claims.

so in our last HC application, I wrote a long page about how he stayed 4 months there because his passport expired and he could not board the return flight, and he had to go through a bureaucratic nightmare to renew it. With evidence attached. This time he got AIP.

I cannot stress enough the importance of your cover letter. If you feel you have gaps that can affect your application, please use every opportunity to bring it up and defend yourself, before they turn it against you.
Ok thank you

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Can i ask if i owe Social Assistance but not currently on there system. Does that affects my application?
If you have Financial debt, collection, any welfare or social assistance it may be gone negative Impact on your case if they want some evidence you have to be prepared before Aip Not 100% sure they might be contact you about that

Last edited:

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario
I lost my judicial review, coz the lawyer I was using then , did not submit any evidence or arguments for RAD to consider. She charged me $9,500 for nothing. It was clear written on my refusal letter. Lesson to learn , make sure you read and verify all the documents and evidence your lawyer is submitting, before you put your signature on any form. It will save you a lot of trouble.
just findout, i guess you can reopen it, or you can complain against him to LAW SOCIETY.
I can be wrong, i heard from someone out of this form.
Rest you can do your research

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario

And my lawyer said No, no need for cover letter.
Everything is here in our H&C application, crazy money eaters.
Canadian lawyers are blood suckers. They suck you till your last drop.

and give you what, nothing.

believe me last ten years i have been to so many alwyers they never ever ask you a glass of water.

CANADIAN GOVERNMENT should do something about these fake lawyers.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
She needs to apply for an extension. The fact that her TRV expired doesn't mean she doesn't qualify to apply for an extension.
hi seems you dont understand the situation but thank you for your reply. She has extension before but she cannot extend another extension again as her Validity of her Visa on her Passport will expire so no need for extension because the last extension is 6 months and the validity of her Visa is only 6 months now.