+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
If I get a work permit after AIP why does it show on my Gcms note that my work permit application sent to à officer for à décision ?
May i know how you applied for work permit ? its a work permit / TRP or just an open work permit ? because i think you will be able to apply for OWP just if you will get approval ( AIP )
@Ayanna do you have an idea ?

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
May i know how you applied for work permit ? its a work permit / TRP or just an open work permit ? because i think you will be able to apply for OWP just if you will get approval ( AIP )
@Ayanna do you have an idea ?
It’s easy apply for a work permit when you apply for H&c also you can apply for work permit same time or a few months later if your work permit approve it means you Aip mostly like approve too

his case it’s already a positive answer which his officers send his work permit for decision maker
Because of pandemic now you have a better chance to apply for work permit
If you apply for work permit based on PRRA or H&c it’s always open work permit
Having a job offer letter it means like the jobs available for you looks good on him it’s positive points

Razjam350

Apr 20, 2021
It’s easy apply for a work permit when you apply for H&c also you can apply for work permit same time or a few months later if your work permit approve it means you Aip mostly like approve too

his case it’s already a positive answer which his officers send his work permit for decision maker
Having a job offer letter it means like the jobs available for you looks good on him it’s positive points
I just called the agent about my work permit application and surprised to know that ircc created a separate application for my work permit from H&C? Long time ago when I called they said we will give you WP when you get AIP but now they told me we have your WP application in our system. Does it mean my WP being processed saparatly?

Reactions: Fayamufi

Razjam350

Apr 20, 2021

Also got this email from Ircc,
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the eligibility requirements are met to obtain a work permit extension.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
  • As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
I just called the agent about my work permit application and surprised to know that ircc created a separate application for my work permit from H&C? Long time ago when I called they said we will give you WP when you get AIP but now they told me we have your WP application in our system. Does it mean my WP being processed saparatly?
don’t trust the call center They’re lying so much
the office of work permit and h&c or different offices work permit usually process in Alberta

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Also got this email from Ircc,
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the eligibility requirements are met to obtain a work permit extension.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
  • As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.
this answers is from web-form Basically they answer everybody the same thing You know you are in good shape and just be patient and see what will happened soon he might be get a good news soon
Good luck

GrecchiJu

Apr 29, 2021
Hi guys! I’m new here. Just finishing up some details to send my application next week. I’ve heard that because covid they have been analyzing H&C cases faster. What do you guys think about it? Is is true?

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi guys! I’m new here. Just finishing up some details to send my application next week. I’ve heard that because covid they have been analyzing H&C cases faster. What do you guys think about it? Is is true?
yeah the process timeline for 2020 application
Faster but you will be 2021 applicant you will be answer in 2022

GrecchiJu

Apr 29, 2021
yeah the process timeline for 2020 application
Faster but you will be 2021 applicant you will be answer in 2022
Got it. But still faster than the deadline informed in the government website. 2022 is good. My concern is that they would take like 2 years to answer me.
thanks Ayanna!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think there were already plans in place to try to process H&C applications faster because there was such a backlog people were able to establish themselves during the 2-3 years it was taking to process applications. The time waiting for H&C was often used as strong evidence for why one should be able to remain in Canada and not the time before filing H&C. The changes just happened to coincide with covid. The asylum claims processing system has also gone through changes where cases are identified as less complex early on and a wider cross-section of cases can be determined as less complex. Seems like they have a similar thing for H&C cases. For cases that are relatively simple where it is easy to determine if H&C AIP will approved or H&C will be denied people are now getting an answer in closer 6 months to a year versus 2-3 years.

GrecchiJu

Apr 29, 2021
I think there were already plans in place to try to process H&C applications faster because there was such a backlog people were able to establish themselves during the 2-3 years it was taking to process applications. The time waiting for H&C was often used as strong evidence for why one should be able to remain in Canada and not the time before filing H&C. The changes just happened to coincide with covid. The asylum claims processing system has also gone through changes where cases are identified as less complex early on and a wider cross-section of cases can be determined as less complex. Seems like they have a similar thing for H&C cases. For cases that are relatively simple where it is easy to determine if H&C AIP will approved or H&C will be denied people are now getting an answer in closer 6 months to a year versus 2-3 years.
Now I get it. It makes totally sense! Thanks!!