+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
Said oh no because you said your application is flying I was wondering to where! lol jk
Now your anxiety level going higher than before

it’s positive sign they working on your application
Oh no , Oh no , oh no no no no. Honestly , i am relieved alteast its a start and about my anxiety its at the peak level ;)

Reactions: Ayanna

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
I have a quick question I will like to ask...

Let's say you have a refused h&c application. Unfortunately, IRCC did not state the reason your application was refused in the decision letter. Then, you hire a new lawyer, and the lawyer use court to request the reason for refusal...

1) Has anybody in this forum been in this situation? What is your experience like

2) Do you have an idea of how long it will take IRCC to send the reason(s) for refusal to the lawyer?

3) Do you think a lawyer using the court to request for the refusal letter will speed up the process of IRCC sending the refusal letter to the lawyer

4) Any advice you can give to help that can be done to make IRCC speed up the process of issuing the refusal letter?

Hope to get a response to my questions soon.

Thanks

alowa

Sep 12, 2018
And Finally we got our CoPR today :)

Application submitted H&C March 2019
Start processing September 2020
AIP December 2020
Medical and others document submitted January 15, 2021
Lawyer got email to confirm our address on February 16, 2021
Lawyer got email of CoPR today February 19, 2021

Regarding our application who joined this form recently:

Came to Canada 2018 as visitor from a middle east Country DUBAI, we originally belonged to the country of South Asia
Few months after wife delivered a baby
We applied for work permit in Feb 2019
Work permit for me and visit visa for my wife approved in October 2020 (was expired in mid of 2019)
No establishment in Canada
No letters from church/mosque/work place/no friends/no volunteer work/ just one of my sibling wrote a small letter may be 2 pages
Child had some medical conditions (best interest of child)
Was doing a part time cash job during the time with no status
From work permit/visit until PR today spent around $12k - 14k but I believe its worth it
As I said earlier my application was dealt with 1 of the top 5 best lawyers in Alberta, hourly rate $400 per hour

Never called immigration to check the status
Never requested the web form(status to check file)

Because my lawyer said in the beginning, 1st stage approval may takes 1 year to 18 months
2nd stage always depends upon criminal status/records, and current job with no social assistance stuffs like that

Never file refugee claim

This form help me a lot to wait, I am here since there was around 150 pages on it
I wish every one good luck with there applications, feel free to ask me any questions you may have :)
Hi
Did you apply for csq , I meant are living in Quebec?

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario

Let's say you have a refused h&c application. Unfortunately, IRCC did not state the reason your application was refused in the decision letter. Then, you hire a new lawyer, and the lawyer use court to request the reason for refusal...

1) Has anybody in this forum been in this situation? What is your experience like

2) Do you have an idea of how long it will take IRCC to send the reason(s) for refusal to the lawyer?

3) Do you think a lawyer using the court to request for the refusal letter will speed up the process of IRCC sending the refusal letter to the lawyer

4) Any advice you can give to help that can be done to make IRCC speed up the process of issuing the refusal letter?

Thanks
Here i go again.
july 2020 my h&c got refused.
My lawyer was not aware of it. When i told her she said she will wait.
I called a friend of mine, his brother in Mp’s office, he call immigration and next day i revived my refusal reasons, when i told my lawyer she said send me, after reading my reasons she said keep it, i will still wait for mine through a legal channel.
Finally she received her end of july, she complained in court house, hiw do i know she complained, in month of December she send me my file, in that appeal file i saw a letter to court and another letter to immigration.
Finally end of july she applied for leave and judicial review, from end of july 2020 till today i am waiting.
My lawyer said it will take between 1 to 2 years time.
Lets see what will happen.
I saw on government federal website from 2019 till 2021 march many H&C got approval who ever have children canadian or foreigners.
Mostly application with canadian children H&C got approval from court.
Hopefully me and you get the same approval too.
Someone suggest me, i should apply another H&C application because once my application is approved i will file another H&C too.
if my H&C appeal get approve i can joint court letter with my H&C.
I am not sure, if this is right... any idea guyz.
Suggest us.

Reactions: bella12

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Here i go again.
I called a friend of mine, his brother in Mp’s office, he call immigration and next day i revived my refusal reasons, when i told my lawyer she said send me, after reading my reasons she said keep it, i will still wait for mine through a legal channel.
Finally she received her end of july, she complained in court house, hiw do i know she complained, in month of December she send me my file, in that appeal file i saw a letter to court and another letter to immigration.
Finally end of july she applied for leave and judicial review, from end of july 2020 till today i am waiting.
I saw on government federal website from 2019 till 2021 march many H&C got approval who ever have children canadian or foreigners.
Someone suggest me, i should apply another H&C application because once my application is approved i will file another H&C too.
Suggest us.
@ Fayamufi...Thanks for the response. I sent you a private message. kindly check your inbox

Reactions: Ayanna

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020

Thanks
Hi Bella
1 yes they are members been here before
2 Usually takes between 3 to 5 weeks like a GCMS note
3 It’s the same thing even though if lawyer request a court order still takes time will be 3 to 5 weeks
4 you can request gcms note and webform and also email Vancouver office

Best of luck in your future application

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Here i go again.
Suggest us.
If you appeal for judicially hearing sometime you have a better chance than reapply and also you can send for reconsideration and judicial hearing at sometime frame they will be a lot beneficiary but your lawyer which is good in federal court cases

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Hi Bella
1 yes they are members been here before
2 Usually takes between 3 to 5 weeks like a GCMS note
3 It’s the same thing even though if lawyer request a court order still takes time will be 3 to 5 weeks
4 you can request gcms note and webform and also email Vancouver office

Best of luck in your future application
Thanks for the detailed response. Much appreciated!

I remember I made the request for a refusal via the link you gave me a few weeks ago. Is it the one that they charge 5 dollars? My new lawyer told me she made a request via the court. which means I will have a copy and she will have her own copy. I apply for it before my lawyer tho.

Do you mind me asking.... What should I do if I do not receive a copy of my refusal between 3 to 5weeks OR if it is taking longer than necessary? Any recommendation

Last edited:
Reactions: Fayamufi

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Thanks for the detailed response. Much appreciated!

I remember I made the request for a refusal via the link you gave me a few weeks ago. Is it the one that they charge 5 dollars? My new lawyer told me she made a request via the court. which means I will have a copy and she will have her own copy. I apply for it before my lawyer tho.

Do you mind me asking.... What should I do if I do not receive a copy of my refusal between 3 to 5weeks OR if it is taking longer than necessary? Any recommendation
you will get by end 5 weeks that’s the latest
And also you try email the officers or Vancouver office tell them you know what’s the reason I been refused some time they email back in 48 hours

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
you will get by end 5 weeks that’s the latest
And also you try email the officers or Vancouver office tell them you know what’s the reason I been refused some time they email back in 48 hours
Thanks for the response!

Do you know how I can get in touch( via email or phone call) with officers at the Vancouver office? Should I email them? if so, what is the email? OR would you recommend a phone call? If so, do you know the phone number to call them?

You can PM me the information if you don't feel comfortable sharing it on the forum

Last edited:
Reactions: Fayamufi and Ayanna