+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Melno48

Jan 9, 2021
Many visitors don't get H&C actually. The primary H&C approvals are from failed asylum seekers or those who initially were on work or study permits and failed to qualify for PR. If visitors could easily get PR via H&C anyone who didn't qualify for PR via other programs would come to Canada to apply for H&C. In your case you seem like a young able bodied family who could have also tried to secure PR via economic immigration program or attempted to study or work in Canada to then qualify for PR. Canada eliminated sponsorship of siblings so it wouldn't make sense if Canada approved H&C for any adult sibling to reunite with their family especially if they had their own spouse and child which Canada considers immediate family. I also correctly pointed out that your H&C application was likely to come down to whether it was in the best interest of your child to remain in Canada due to medical care if treatment is not available in Albania. Not having access to the proper medical care/therapies/medications is the primary argument when arguing best interest of a child with medical needs. Although having a Canadian child certainly factors into H&C decisions it does not guarantee PR via H&C or else families wanting to secure PR would just have a child in Canada. Without actually knowing the grounds for why your sister ( a minor) and your father it impossible to comment. The situation in Albania when they likely applied 7-8+ years ago was also different.

Would suggest doing your research before criticizing. Albanians are amongst the highest groups of people deported from other European countries because the EU has declared Albania as a safe country. The big reasons Albanians are granted asylum is if they are part of the LGBTQ+ population. Unfortunately many countries have problems and living conditions may not be very good especially compared to Canada but if that was the only requirement to secure asylum or H&C most of the world would qualify.
well, you cannot judge if i am eligible for other economic programs or not, just because you are not fit to do that dear friend! you know nothing about my personal situation or my age or my professional experience or my diploma!
for my dad and my sister i didn't say if they sent their application before 7 or 8 years ! the application was processed ( the 2 steps ) in 13 months .

90 % humanitarian arguments cannot guarantee approval and YES even in the best interests of the child! but we know that having more arguments and reasons will increase the chances ! will not guarantee a positive decision but it will give the applicant more chances ! if you didn't understand that i can repeat it again.

you can't tell if the majority of albanians who got protection are part of the lgbtq community or they are minorities ! I have relatives and 3 friends who applied for asylum received protection but they never made this arguments !
yes it is true several albanians are deported in albania but you are not aware of the situation of the country and the society even if it is not the worst.
You cannot know the situation of visitors who who apply for PR under humanitarian reasons ! many people have several arguments that deserve to be accepted regardless of their status! Being a visitor does not mean that you are rich or you have a stable life and you have no problems in your home country ! you know, even the asylum seekers approved,, many of them arrived with visitor status but their situation deserved protection !
I'm not saying that some visitors think it's just a simple way to apply for PR ! I have already seen a family who was refused because their file was not humanitarian at all !

several unsuccessful asylum seekers have been refused for the H&C application because the reasons presented have already been refused by the IRB,RAD etc ...
My son should have access to medical care in canada and not in albania and it is not you who decides that! you don't have an idea about the health system over there

every case is different you can't judge and tell who is more likely to be approved or not by using the word likely, like, seem like....!

I hope that anyone who deserves permanent residence for humanitarian reasons will have it!

Last edited:

Melno48

Jan 9, 2021
Pls was ur passport expired and original seized by CBSA? If yes, What did u send as valid passport before granting the Copr? Thanks
why CBSA seize passports ? just for assylum seekers ???
i have already spok with them before some weeks about our situation and they didn't seize our passports .
they was very nice and helpful with us

Emmabel

Apr 22, 2017
@Emmabel what happened after the 3 months. How did you know that background check was over and what was the next stage ?
From d time they started to the time I received copr is 3 months .I called last week it was still in process.i got copr yday so and yday made 3 months from d day they shared my background check

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
From d time they started to the time I received copr is 3 months .I called last week it was still in process.i got copr yday so and yday made 3 months from d day they shared my background check
Congratulations as you received your copr. I am happy for you. I called in November and was told they were conducting background check. My application entered in process in January. Does it mean that there is no pattern or that they have preliminary check before process and main check after AIP