+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hi all,
I have one question after getting PR based on H&C is it okay to visit home country. Or it can be a immigration issue when we will come back. also if we apply for asylum before and got rejected and got PR based on H&C is it still okay to visit Home country or not just need an idea. Thank you in advance

Reactions: Fayamufi

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Hi all,
I have one question after getting PR based on H&C is it okay to visit home country. Or it can be a immigration issue when we will come back. also if we apply for asylum before and got rejected and got PR based on H&C is it still okay to visit Home country or not just need an idea. Thank you in advance
I heard and read it's ok.
,but I won't take that step before getting the conformation from my lawyer.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi all,
you can visit your home country without any problem even if you applied for assylum or PRRA before. you got your PR for humanitarian and compassionate grounds and not because you are a protectd person

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,
It's fine if you were an H&C applicant.

This is only an issue for people who got PR through a refugee claim.

Alamean

Aug 22, 2018
@Ayanna please how long does Copr usually takes after updating the address?, mine has been done since 3weeks now
They asked fo address update on Feb 2nd and we are still waiting, our lawyer said it is hard to know as it seems that the officer initiated the background check that same day. Niagara falls office. Praying for good news.

Reactions: Me2020

attkhan

Nov 17, 2020
I am not worried just asking, because different people face different situations.
We had a meeting with our lawyer last two week regarding the visit our home country ,He told us we can visit your home country without any problem even if you applied for assylum or PRRA before. you got your PR for humanitarian and compassionate grounds and not because you are a protectd person . The problem is that time when you have PR on base of Refugee.