+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
dont reapply now you need to wait at less 6 or a year because If you apply now they were denied your application anyway why are you wasting your money and your time if you go judicial hearing you have a better option or reconsideration
What is the probability of winning a judicial review for refused h&c application? I thought some people in this group said the approval rate is low, risky, and can take a long time.

what do you think?

Reactions: Ayanna

Mhy0811

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
And Finally we got our CoPR today :)

Application submitted H&C March 2019
Start processing September 2020
AIP December 2020
Medical and others document submitted January 15, 2021
Lawyer got email to confirm our address on February 16, 2021
Lawyer got email of CoPR today February 19, 2021

Regarding our application who joined this form recently:

Came to Canada 2018 as visitor from a middle east Country DUBAI, we originally belonged to the country of South Asia
Few months after wife delivered a baby
We applied for work permit in Feb 2019
Work permit for me and visit visa for my wife approved in October 2020 (was expired in mid of 2019)
No establishment in Canada
No letters from church/mosque/work place/no friends/no volunteer work/ just one of my sibling wrote a small letter may be 2 pages
Child had some medical conditions (best interest of child)
Was doing a part time cash job during the time with no status
From work permit/visit until PR today spent around $12k - 14k but I believe its worth it
As I said earlier my application was dealt with 1 of the top 5 best lawyers in Alberta, hourly rate $400 per hour

Never called immigration to check the status
Never requested the web form(status to check file)

Because my lawyer said in the beginning, 1st stage approval may takes 1 year to 18 months
2nd stage always depends upon criminal status/records, and current job with no social assistance stuffs like that

Never file refugee claim

This form help me a lot to wait, I am here since there was around 150 pages on it
I wish every one good luck with there applications, feel free to ask me any questions you may have :)
@wello711 look at this, this is what i am talking about. It will give you idea, inspires you and hope for tourist who applied h and c for short period of time here in Canada. I backread for you my friend

Reactions: AAK2018 and bella12

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario
I am not aware of legal aid. I do not know about them. all that came to my mind was to use a lawyer as soon as i was ready to apply for H&C.

I have the following questions I will like to ask

1) Do you mind me asking how to go about applying for legal aid
2) how can I know if I am eligible?
3) Is legal aid available only in Ontario? what about in Manitoba?
4) Can I use legal aid in Ontario or my application while I live in Manitoba?
Search on google, i am not sure about your area, it has toll free number, when you phone them they will ask you question like where you work, how much you have saving, why you think your case is stronger then before.
There main point is to know how much saving you have, with you at home or bank. My case i said i have 500$
Saving none.
Then after 20 minutes conversation he gave me certificates number which i gave it to my lawyer. She was surprised how i got this code.
i told her last time i gave 7 to 10k this time legal aid will takecare of you... hahaha

Reactions: Ayanna and bella12

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario
We are worry and looking to travel and see the mother after 10 years. She is sick

I would like also a Share information with you , We have a meeting with our lawyer regarding travelling aboard or home country . He mention the condition is apply to Refugee Convention and get the PR status, then the border people ask question and PR suspension occur. It is not apply those who getting by H and C cases.
If you mention what you had said in your refugee application then yes both are linked.
Dont mind, people travel after they receive their PR card, do not stay longer.
This is there job, officer will ask you for sure, prepare your self with good answers:- like i 100% do not want to go back where i came from but my mother, she gave me a birth and i have to see her.
same here 10 years away from her.
We asian are so sensitive but i feel these people have no heart for their loved once.
Living here for 10 years, working paying taxes, paying lawyers, because of us they re surviving, they re richer, each client minimum 7000$, is that a easy job.
Tell these lawyers and judge work one day at tim Hortons or drive uber or taxi then come and talk to us.
Heartless people.

• Sad
Reactions: Ramone1 and Ayanna

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Ayanna I am next for prra i am eligible for prra by law can you plz tell me what evidence will help in prra ?
Generally, a person may not apply for a PRRA if less than 12 months has passed since their claim for refugee protection or previous PRRA application was rejected or determined to be withdrawn or abandoned. This 12-month PRRA bar also applies to decisions from the RAD and from the Federal Court.

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Ayanna you are on point, think you should study for lawyer you are very informative and on point. When I order my gmc note I see all these offers that my application go through..you know exactly what you are saying
thank you so much
Your Life saver too take your time and come help us like other
Yeah I thought about it but I have to go to school for six years

I’m thinking I’m going to the medical because its only years which I’m 30 years I will be 34 by then

Last edited:

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
What is the probability of winning a judicial review for refused h&c application? I thought some people in this group said the approval rate is low, risky, and can take a long time.

what do you think?
everything is 50/50 like yes or No
If you apply for judicial hearing then if the judge thank the officer has an error then the judge sent back your application for reconsideration then you have to go stage one and 2 stage process again which is Worth it with judge decision which is most likely will be approved

I hope I answer your question

Reactions: Lexus2021

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
It is possible one immigration minister refuses all.
What is his name, can you share...
Habibi how the hell I know Their name lol
I’m not immigration officer Im just like you waiting for my results Anxiously since yesterday heard all the sad news I got sick and turn off my phone went to sleep
From now on I stay way from
This forum for few days

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
Habibi how the hell I know Their name lol
I’m not immigration officer Im just like you waiting for my results Anxiously since yesterday heard all the sad news I got sick and turn off my phone went to sleep
From now on I stay way from
This forum for few days
Hey ayanna, you’re such a wonderful person coming here and helping everyone almost everyday. I cant think of any reason that god will do anything to upset you, Mark my words will be get your PR very soon i can literally promise you !

Akash2019

Aug 25, 2019
Generally, a person may not apply for a PRRA if less than 12 months has passed since their claim for refugee protection or previous PRRA application was rejected or determined to be withdrawn or abandoned. This 12-month PRRA bar also applies to decisions from the RAD and from the Federal Court.
I have passed 12 month bar i just want to know want kind of evidence can help can you please share little bit or you can send me private msg

Reactions: Ayanna and Ramone1