+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Hello bella

Did you get the biometrics instructions yet
Fortunately, I am exempted from doing biometrics.

The reason is because, around the time my lawyer submitted my application, IRCC announces on their website that if an applicant has done their biometric within the last 10 years, biometrics will be waived and be used for your current application. I think the policy is still on till further notice. check on the IRCC website. The reason for this announcement I think is because there was a huge backlog of applicants who have not done their biometrics as a result of the first lockdown.it was affecting everybody's PR application processing time( especially the ones without bimetrics). In order to reduce the pressure on service Canada, they have to find a way to waive certain groups of people to reduce the backlog. My last biometric was in 2013. so, it is still valid.

You can check for the validity of your biometrics on the IRCC website

Unfortunately, I have already paid for my biometric and my lawyer has submitted my application BEFORE the announcement was made. which means IRCC is owing me money..lol. I was told the money will be refunded as soon as they have finished processing my application.

If I have not done my biometrics, who knows, my processing time MIGHT have taken longer.

Try to following IRCC on Twitter. it is the fastest way to get any update to change on any immigration policy. They also put links of their website on Twitter when there is a change in immigration policy. That was was the first place I got the information and I check on their website

Reactions: RaiSaab108

Akash2019

Aug 25, 2019

The reason is because, around the time my lawyer submitted my application, IRCC announces on their website that if an applicant has done their biometric within the last 10 years, biometrics will be waived and be used for your current application. I think the policy is still on till further notice. check on the IRCC website. The reason for this announcement I think is because there was a huge backlog of applicants who have not done their biometrics as a result of the first lockdown.it was affecting everybody's PR application processing time( especially the ones without bimetrics). In order to reduce the pressure on service Canada, they have to find a way to waive certain groups of people to reduce the backlog. My last biometric was in 2013. so, it is still valid.

Unfortunately, I have already paid for my biometric and my lawyer has submitted my application BEFORE the announcement was made. which means IRCC is owing me money..lol. I was told the money will be refunded as soon as they have finished processing my application.

If I have not done my biometrics, who knows, my processing time MIGHT have taken longer.

Try to following IRCC on Twitter. it is the fastest way to get any update to change on any immigration policy. They also put links of their website on Twitter when there is a change in immigration policy. That was was the first place I got the information and I check on their website
Yes same like me they send me letter and inform me that there is no need biometrics for me and they refund me money

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Yes,they are processing very fast but no idea about success rate in 2020 files
I personally know of someone whose application was approved about 2 weeks ago. It was an H&C application. it took about 2.5 years for his application to get approved I think the stronger your application, the higher the chance of getting approved.

Anddy

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
I personally know of someone whose application was approved about 2 weeks ago. It was an H&C application. it took about 2.5 years for his application to get approved I think the stronger your application, the higher the chance of getting approved.
Yes that’s true.I am talking about the files submitted in 2020 because they starts processing so fast

Blessedmamat

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
MEDICAL EXAMINATION
At this time, you (and any family member that has been included in your application, whether accompanying or not) are required to undergo a medical examination.
With the sentence above from the AIP letter, it doesn’t show where children are excluded. For those who have done medicals b4 did u not include children under 18?
Minor Children are included in medical general check up excluding blood test and xray. My child is 9 years old. Please, let's be guided rightly and not misinformed.

Akash2019

Aug 25, 2019
I am talking of what they ask to do and my kids are under 5 years of age. When I came here my daughter was 2 months old they never ask me for medical for kids
Ayanna I think children more then 8 years they may need medical or maybe its also depend on officer to

Reactions: Ayanna

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019

That is awesome . Good luck to you