+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, this is what my lawyer applied, reconsideration.
Leave judicial review ..
Applied in july but still waiting for reply.
My lawyer is saying i should not apply another H&C, because she said she feel my case is very strong. I am 100% confused.
Today i spoke to someone from IRCC, immigration phone call representative said i should apply another H&C application. This way i will have two chances.
What to do... any suggestions,

Would not trust the advice given by IRCC customer service since it is often wrong. If you want a second opinion I would contact another lawyer.

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Leave judicial review ..
My lawyer is saying i should not apply another H&C, because she said she feel my case is very strong. I am 100% confused.
Today i spoke to someone from IRCC, immigration phone call representative said i should apply another H&C application. This way i will have two chances.
It is confusing. You just need to be sure that you have a good lawyer to be able to trust her decisions.
But what was the reason for refusing your H&C? If you don't mind me asking

Reactions: Ayanna

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Leave judicial review ..
You should trust your lawyer
Don’t trust those Idiot working at Call center

you can talk to different lawyer for second Opinion

Sa1289

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hi guys ... is everyone waiting on COPR should recieve a call from IRCC asking about his address before finalizing his COPR? .. like they should ask everyone or it depends on every case or officer?

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Hi guys ... is everyone waiting on COPR should recieve a call from IRCC asking about his address before finalizing his COPR? .. like they should ask everyone or it depends on every case or officer?
Good question
Does anyone have an answer guys?
But I think yes so the officer can mail the PR to the correct address

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Not sure how this is ripping people off? If someone doesn’t have provincial insurance or private insurance how do you expect these costs to be absorbed? The medication, medical staff, tests, etc. cost money. Canada’s private hospital rates are actually quite reasonable. This would like
y be a million dollars in the US and the hospital may have refused treatment. If Canada allowed any FN to get free healthcare many would arrive and the wait time’s and taxes for Canadians would go up.
@canuck78
Not sure how this is ripping people off? If someone doesn’t have provincial insurance or private insurance how do you expect these costs to be absorbed? The medication, medical staff, tests, etc. cost money. Canada’s private hospital rates are actually quite reasonable. This would like
y be a million dollars in the US and the hospital may have refused treatment. If Canada allowed any FN to get free healthcare many would arrive and the wait time’s and taxes for Canadians would go up.
in the US no one is turn down from medical treatment. us has 10 million illegal immigrants now receiving medical insurance . Canada doesn’t have that much of issues when it comes to medical insurance. The amount he @RaiSaab108 paid is lot now when everyone is struggling to make ends meet. That amount is not everyday earning . It takes years to make that amount. Maybe it’s very less for some people . It’s a conversation between two people about how’s it going around their life

Last edited:

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
As long we update the information including the address in the 2 application that we fill when asking for stage 2 documents why they ask again? ... so guys any suggestions...
Exactly, + we're asked to inform them in case we changed the address

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
For those who are waiting for the CCB, any news? When did you send the documents? Did you apply by mail or through MyAccount?

Blessedmamat

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Guys, what can I apply with AIP ? Medical insurance? SIN? Just curious .

I just applied for work permit renewal. I have the confirmation letter. Do I need to call ircc call center for an update?

I'm receiving the CCB already.

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Guys, what can I apply with AIP ? Medical insurance? SIN? Just curious .

I just applied for work permit renewal. I have the confirmation letter. Do I need to call ircc call center for an update?

I'm receiving the CCB already.
Your SIN will remain the same till you get the PR.
Medical, I read you can apply but as of my case in Quebec I need Quebec selection first.
Your work permit with AIP will be valid for 2 years.

Reactions: Blessedmamat

Juneplum

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
Hello everyone, I've always viewed this forum but now is my first time commenting. I applied HNC July 2018 and I'm still waiting. I haven't received an AIP yet however background check is processing. My grounds for applying were:
(1) Establishment in Canada
(2) Hardship in home country
(3) Best interest of children

The wait is very frustrating and unpredictable. Does anyone knows the approximate timing for background checks?

Reactions: Fréijoer Léiw