+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

PirateZee

Sep 21, 2020
Thanks, but what is between AIP and CoPR? How long does it take and which stages I need to go through before I get COPR?
As Ayanna mentioned
H&c only has 2 stages
Your in 2 stage final stage
It’s takes from 2 months up to 18 months
Some members got their copr in 2 months and some members anxiously still waiting they’re close to a years
you got to patient
After AIP you will be in stage 2; you need to provide additional documents to finalize your application. Such as medical (for some applicants before AIP), RPRF Fee, Police Certificate etc
In my case they requested to send Medical, Police Certificate (from Canada RCMP Certified and lived previous countries last 10 years), PR Fee, Valid Passport Copies, Current Financial info and few forms.

Now if you asking how long it will take to complete stage 2 process; I think in normal cases its depend on total time. For instance in my case they start processing my application after 24 months and completed in 27 months. So basically within 3 months they finalize every thing AIP, medical, COPR and PR Cards. In fact when I saw my app status was In Process; I got AIP after 10 days. Moreover I got PR card within 2 weeks after CoPR.

On the other hand if I compare with my friend H&C; his app was started processing within a year and but they took 3 to 4 moths to issue an AIP and now he is waiting for medical request email.

I totally understand the feelings of AIP holders; In the beginning all I wanted was an AIP. But after an AIP I wanted my application to finalize quickly. I guess many of AIP holders want the same. ;)

Check this link for more info about stage 2:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/humanitarian-compassionate-consideration/processing/in-canada/consideration-canada-processing-application-permanent-residence-stage-2-assessment-1.html

https://www.immigration.ca/stage-2-assessment-positive-stage-2-assessment

Reactions: GCL29

BrazaRec

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Hi piraatzee ! i think that i have a good application ( not very strong like yours but its better than many other files i guess ) the only problem is financial info, i have a good bank account, i pay my rent bills etc... but i don't have a declared job ! so if they will ask about financial info after AIP its not a problem because i can get a delcared job easly but if they ask before waht should i do ???
i try to stay positive because i have known many people who got AIP and they didn't have any job but you know anexiety is not easy !
the principal question is when they ask the applicant about financial info ?
yes ....but why they created ITN ??? i thought that with ITN people can declare their income even if they work cash ...
also, i know that many people said in their applications that they worked cash and they got approval but in the same time it's not legal
I have ITN and I declared last year. To be honest I don’t know how to explain all the process in english lol. so I suggest you to contact an accountant to help you because it was the best way for me :)

Reactions: Melno48 and Ayanna

Melno48

Jan 9, 2021
I have ITN and I declared last year. To be honest I don’t know how to explain all the process in english lol. so I suggest you to contact an accountant to help you because it was the best way for me :)
thanks a lot ! can you speak in french ? or you can just speak with your language here or in a private message and i will try to translate in google ? can i know what is or what was your status in canada ?

BrazaRec

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
thanks a lot ! can you speak in french ? or you can just speak with your language here or in a private message and i will try to translate in google ? can i know what is or what was your status in canada ?
I will try in english

I’m here as visitor. In general the will give you an ITN if they understands that you have a real intention to pay taxes. So I opened a business number and started to get my payments through it. It was what my lawyer suggested but I heard from my accountant that even you have cash job you can declare your taxes with ITN. The think is you inform how much you made last year.
Hope it helps you. :)

Reactions: Melno48

bsz

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Thanks PirateZee. This is really helpful.

So I have got my AIP last week and they just asked for RPRF, financial information and some more forms to update. I already did my medical about 1 months ago and my police certificate from the original country I sent to them 10 months ago.

Best case scenario:
1) I send them RPRF and the information
2) They review my process and if everything OK, they will give me DM+ (positive decision made)
3) I need to go to an airport for interview
4) After the interview, they will give me CoPR
5) I apply for PR and get it

Was your process like the above? is this correct process steps?
Did you apply from within Canada or from outside?

As Ayanna mentioned

After AIP you will be in stage 2; you need to provide additional documents to finalize your application. Such as medical (for some applicants before AIP), RPRF Fee, Police Certificate etc
In my case they requested to send Medical, Police Certificate (from Canada RCMP Certified and lived previous countries last 10 years), PR Fee, Valid Passport Copies, Current Financial info and few forms.

Now if you asking how long it will take to complete stage 2 process; I think in normal cases its depend on total time. For instance in my case they start processing my application after 24 months and completed in 27 months. So basically within 3 months they finalize every thing AIP, medical, COPR and PR Cards. In fact when I saw my app status was In Process; I got AIP after 10 days. Moreover I got PR card within 2 weeks after CoPR.

On the other hand if I compare with my friend H&C; his app was started processing within a year and but they took 3 to 4 moths to issue an AIP and now he is waiting for medical request email.

I totally understand the feelings of AIP holders; In the beginning all I wanted was an AIP. But after an AIP I wanted my application to finalize quickly. I guess many of AIP holders want the same. ;)

Check this link for more info about stage 2:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/humanitarian-compassionate-consideration/processing/in-canada/consideration-canada-processing-application-permanent-residence-stage-2-assessment-1.html

https://www.immigration.ca/stage-2-assessment-positive-stage-2-assessment

Blessedmamat

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Guys, I received my AIP today!!! To God be the glory!!!

My timeline:

Application received- March 9, 2020.
AOR- July 16, 2020
In process- November 6, 2020
Biometrics- December 2, 2020
AIP- February 1, 2021

Moved to Canada in 2015. Best interest of children. Hardship in my country.

Refugee denied thrice. Still with the federal appeal.

Note:
I'm a personal support worker. Two weeks ago, my lawyer sent my proof of employment&paystubs to the immigration office.

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020

My timeline:

AOR- July 16, 2020
AIP- February 1, 2021

Note:
I'm a personal support worker. Two weeks ago, my lawyer sent my proof of employment&paystubs to the immigration office.
Congrats, best of luck on your stage 2

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018

My timeline:

AOR- July 16, 2020
AIP- February 1, 2021

Note:
Congratulations! Hope we will hear good news too!

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020

My timeline:

AOR- July 16, 2020
AIP- February 1, 2021

Note:
congrats welcome to club

Akash2019

Aug 25, 2019

My timeline:

AOR- July 16, 2020
AIP- February 1, 2021

Note:
Congratulations bro

PirateZee

Sep 21, 2020
Thanks PirateZee. This is really helpful.

So I have got my AIP last week and they just asked for RPRF, financial information and some more forms to update. I already did my medical about 1 months ago and my police certificate from the original country I sent to them 10 months ago.

Best case scenario:
1) I send them RPRF and the information
2) They review my process and if everything OK, they will give me DM+ (positive decision made)
3) I need to go to an airport for interview
4) After the interview, they will give me CoPR
5) I apply for PR and get it

Was your process like the above? is this correct process steps?
Did you apply from within Canada or from outside?
Applied within Canada, After submitting all documents; we received CoPR via email. No interview nothing
It was mentioned on CoPR; we have to mail PR picture along with CoPR copy to the address given on CoPR (top left corner). And we got PR Cards in mail within 2 weeks.
I guess before COVID there was an interview part before COPR; since COVID there is no interview and they send CoPR via email. Unless if they started interview again recently.

PirateZee

Sep 21, 2020
Hi piraatzee ! i think that i have a good application ( not very strong like yours but its better than many other files i guess ) the only problem is financial info, i have a good bank account, i pay my rent bills etc... but i don't have a declared job ! so if they will ask about financial info after AIP its not a problem because i can get a delcared job easly but if they ask before waht should i do ???
i try to stay positive because i have known many people who got AIP and they didn't have any job but you know anexiety is not easy !
the principal question is when they ask the applicant about financial info ?
I didn't get declared job; what you do? how you make money? Self employed?
As you mentioned that you can get declared job easily then why you did not mention any job or business in you h&c initial submission?

Any how you can still can be self employed; you may register Ontario Sole Proprietorship cost 60$ and get Master Business License (its optional)
https://www.ibsa.serviceontario.ca/ibsa/servlet/com.visionmax.servlet.CommandServlet?command=screenflownoscript&screenid=26&_ga=2.12412084.1844955792.1612162330-1783399614.1608622368

As far as I know CIC always request financial information on 2nd stage; so you have time to get prepared.
You should be fine since you can arrange declare job easily. But you make sure you have pay stub etc to provide
GoodLuck

Lila123

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Congrats, best of luck on your stage 2
Because you are a Psw you might be able to apply for health-care workers permanent resident pathway. Perhaps you can ask your lawyer about it? I know several people that have been successful with that route.