+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
I applied for H&C may 16 2019
Receive July 5th2019 & confirmation sent July 5th 2019
IN Process august 20th 2020
Approved in principle September 9th 2020
I haven’t receive letters for medicals or biometric yet but I don’t no why lol but all the same thanks to our God almighty.
Congrats I’m happy for you almighty God is with us

Reactions: Lexus2021

Kikybabe

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
ontario
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
h&c
Congratulations! Finally!! You have just passed the hardest part.Your application will move quickly from here:)
Congratulations to you helen02. My case is similar to your case. My application was based on best interest of child. I have 2 canadian children . One is a special need child, i did get a letter from sick kids to support my application. My timeline
App : july 24 ,2019
Aor: sept 23,2019
In process: sept 2020
Im worried and scared.
I know God will make a way

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
Congratulations to you helen02. My case is similar to your case. My application was based on best interest of child. I have 2 canadian children . One is a special need child, i did get a letter from sick kids to support my application. My timeline
Im worried and scared.
Just be patient you will get positive answer soon my friend

Reactions: Lexus2021

RaiSaab108

Nov 3, 2019
My father's PR card was mailed out today. His timeline

Application Date: March 5, 2018
Acknowledgment of Receipt: March 14, 2018
Approval in Principle: October 24, 2019
Passport/Medical Request: March 6, 2020
CoPR: May 27, 2020
PR Card Mailed: September 15, 2020

FYI: Dad's PR card file was linked to my GCKey account and if there's any update on a file you get an e-mail notification. However, I didn't. I randomly logged in today and saw the update.
Congratulations bushra

Reactions: bushra1122

Helen02

Star Member
May 9, 2020
Im worried and scared.
Please trust in Jehovah he will do it

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Hello how many weeks you waited before it turns out that your father has passed the medical after the panel physician submitted your fathers medical file ?
My father's H&C file was not accessible via the eCAS system so unfortunately I have no idea. Any updates that I received were via the CBSA officer or by e-mail when IRCC was requesting the documents.

The only reason I could access the PR Card file was because I was able to link it to GCKey.

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Hey

Congratulations @bushra1122

I guess we will talk next in a couple of years when the folks are ready to file for their naturalization.
@Canadienne_91 Were you saying that you had to call the IRCC to ask for medical and security check forms? I was expecting they will send them after the AIP was issued. Also, did you apply for your mom's OHIP right after the AIP or you had to wait until she received a landing paper? THANKS a lot!

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Important information for those who received a bio-metrics instruction letter from IRCC in regards to their application for PR made under H and C grounds:

Biometrics collection in Canada
Permanent residence applicants who need to give biometrics
Find out if you need to give your biometrics.

Service Canada Centres are gradually resuming biometrics collection services for permanent residence applicants who have received a biometric instruction letter (BIL).

Service Canada officers will call you at the telephone number you provided in your application to schedule your biometrics appointment. There is no additional fee to pay, and you don’t need a new BIL. Don’t go to a Service Canada Centre unless a Service Canada Officer calls you and schedules an appointment for you.

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Biometrics were not a requirement for individuals who filed their petitions in FY2018 from within Canada, which is generally the case for H and C applications.

Therefore, on the basis of a petition lock-in date, they have traditionally not been subjected to providing IRCC with their biometrics and this will remain the case up until their petitions are fully adjudicated.

Petitions filed in FY2019 or later will be subjected to this new provision of biometrics collections as per the IRPR and IRPA amendments.

Reactions: irochka832

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Biometrics were not a requirement for individuals who filed their petitions in FY2018 from within Canada, which is generally the case for H and C applications.

Therefore, on the basis of a petition lock-in date, they have traditionally not been subjected to providing IRCC with their biometrics and this will remain the case up until their petitions are fully adjudicated.

Petitions filed in FY2019 or later will be subjected to this new provision of biometrics collections as per the IRPR and IRPA amendments.
Thanks @Canadienne_91 ! This is very helpful. But even individuals who filed in FY2018 will be required to provide the biometrics in the future as part of their stage 2, right?

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
@Canadienne_91 Were you saying that you had to call the IRCC to ask for medical and security check forms? I was expecting they will send them after the AIP was issued. Also, did you apply for your mom's OHIP right after the AIP or you had to wait until she received a landing paper? THANKS a lot!
I had contact info for one of the senior immigration officials, and at one point I phoned her and left her a voicemail. She unexpectedly called me after my mom was issued an AIP, and she said it's good that things are going well or something along those lines. At that time, we were waiting on medical instructions and the standard letter that comes with the medical instructions.
She said she would instruct the clerk to issue those instructions as soon as possible, and within an hour I had everything I needed in my inbox.
Some of the immigration officials I had come across when my mom was going through the process were really helpful and nice.

Reactions: bushra1122

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
I had contact info for one of the senior immigration officials, and at one point I phoned her and left her a voicemail. She unexpectedly called me after my mom was issued an AIP, and she said it's good that things are going well or something along those lines. At that time, we were waiting on medical instructions and the standard letter that comes with the medical instructions.
She said she would instruct the clerk to issue those instructions as soon as possible, and within an hour I had everything I needed in my inbox.
Some of the immigration officials I had come across when my mom was going through the process were really helpful and nice.
I see. But normally these instructions should come by e-mail few weeks after the AIP was issued, correct?