+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Not at all. But I have helped a few people with their H&C cases recently. Though I cannot disclose anything specific about them, I try to answer questions on these forums if I am sure of my answer. :)
Hi Cantaloupe, Please I have been volunteering in health sector from April 2020 and av done more than 248hrs up till date taking care of seniors, elders just exactly the work of PSW. I have all the certifications and Diploma in DSW. Some people said am qualified already for the pathway to pr for asylum seekers. Is that true? Again, I av an H and C application ongoing, I have collected letter from the volunteer work stating the work and care am doing for elders and seniors during covid 19. Will it help my application for H and C.? I submitted in February 2020, they av acknowledged receipt and requested for Biometrics in July 2020

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Thanks, I will start looking for more evidences and I will forward to the same email he sent the letter.
But you don't have to wait for 12 months bar if you have a child who is not up to 18. Maybe you only need to proof that you have kid/kids by submitting thier school documents and birth certificates

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
The application is not in process unless your status on e-cas gets upgraded to an in process stage. A request for biometrics is a part of the application completion process. Your application is not complete and can not be processed as per IRPR until there is valid biometrics on file.

I believe you asked the same question before.
So where can we do biometrics now that service Canada is not opened?

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
So where can we do biometrics now that service Canada is not opened?
Hi

A temporary public policy came into force this past month or so which granted temporary residents who currently reside in Canada the reprieve to provide biometrics in support of their temporary residence application.
However it’s important to note that this policy only covered in Canada applicants applying for temporary immigration. As of now, all permanent resident applicants irrespective of the fact whether or not they reside in Canada or abroad must provide biometrics in support of their application(s).

PR applicants will need to wait until service Canada in Person biometrics services become available.

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Hi @bushra1122

my mom received a notice this past week saying a PR card can not be issued because her photographs did not comply with the requirements and the department asked her to send 2 PR card photos again, which we did the same day.

So, I think her PR card application is progressing. Any news on your father’s card?

Reactions: bushra1122

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Cantaloupe, Please I have been volunteering in health sector from April 2020 and av done more than 248hrs up till date taking care of seniors, elders just exactly the work of PSW. I have all the certifications and Diploma in DSW. Some people said am qualified already for the pathway to pr for asylum seekers. Is that true? Again, I av an H and C application ongoing, I have collected letter from the volunteer work stating the work and care am doing for elders and seniors during covid 19. Will it help my application for H and C.? I submitted in February 2020, they av acknowledged receipt and requested for Biometrics in July 2020
You do not qualify. The pathway is for asylum seekers only. Also, the work experience must be paid and obtained under a valid work permit. For these reasons you unfortunately you do not qualify for the PR pathway. You will need to wait out the processing of your H&C application. Having said that, you can certainly include the letters regarding your volunteer work as part of your H&C application. This certainly won't harm and may help. Good luck.

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
For my father's file we received a request for medicals, police certificate, proof of income, passport pages, and to resubmit updated forms on March 6, 2020. Our deadline for the medical was 30 days from March 6 and for the rest of the documents it was 60 days from March 6. Due to COVID-19 we had to ask for extensions 3 times.

The last document we submitted was on May 20, 2020. And we got our CoPR in e-mail on May 27, 2020. The e-mail gave instructions to send a picture for the issuance of the PR card. The picture was received by the IRCC office on June 1, 2020. The letter advised there could be a delay in the printing of the PR card due to COVID-19 as staff was working at reduced capacity.

Hope this helps you some.
Hi, may I know what proof of income did you send? I just got AIP and my concern is Im under CERB because of temp laid off due to covid. In the letter it says you should not be self supporting. Thanks

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
But why? They didn’t request anything, I didn’t sent documents.
My application status changed to “In process” a month ago and this week changed again to “Received”. This is so confuse
It happened to me too. My lawyer said H&C has different departments for the processing.

Waiting-18

Aug 23, 2020
hello all
i am apply for PR in Aug - 2019
I receive the letter before 2 week ago asking for fingerprint ( RCMP ) and i do everything and they ask me , where you wanna receive it , and i choose to send it directly to immigrations , the questions is , how i know if they send it or now ? or what i have to do ?
i make it before 12 days ago
please help

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Hi

A temporary public policy came into force this past month or so which granted temporary residents who currently reside in Canada the reprieve to provide biometrics in support of their temporary residence application.
However it’s important to note that this policy only covered in Canada applicants applying for temporary immigration. As of now, all permanent resident applicants irrespective of the fact whether or not they reside in Canada or abroad must provide biometrics in support of their application(s).

PR applicants will need to wait until service Canada in Person biometrics services become available.
We have not been asked to provide biometrics so far. Are they asking for biometrics after the AIP was issued?

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Update on my mom's case:

1. Medicals: Passed
2. Security: Passed
3. Criminality: In Progress

Any ideas as to when the criminality is going to be passed as well. We submitted an original PCC from her country of birth with the application. They did not request a PCC from RCMP (within Canada) but we got the fingerprints done and provided it to IRCC anyways. They might have received it around June 26, 2020.

When can my mom expect a COPR email?
[/QUOTE]
Hi, as for the security what documents/proof did you provide? And how long did you get the letter after the AIP?

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
We have not been asked to provide biometrics so far. Are they asking for biometrics after the AIP was issued?
I was asked even before the AIP. My lawyer said I still need to do it together with the medical. I guess its part of the background or criminality check.

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hi everyone. I’m new here.
my husband and I applied for H&C in August 2019 after a failed hearing and failed appeals. We applied based on the best interest of child.
we received an email on July 7th 2020 with medicals request forms for both of us. With excitement, we went on the website to check our status but it still “in process”
Anyone have an idea if the request for medicals means we have been approved?
Thanks in advance for your response.
Hi, I first got a letter/email saying I got approved for interim (AIP) which means my application will be processed within Canada and in the letter it says for the Stage 2, I need to do medical, security, etc.