+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
It’s really sad they made you wait that long and then refused your application.Its very cruel.I think you should find a very strong lawyer to fight this.Best of luck
A lawyer will cost money If you can afford one why not! it’s not guarantee to win the appeal only 5 % winning chance like PRRA if I were in his shoes I will try Or reapply with stronger Evidence

Reactions: Handc2018

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
A lawyer will cost money If you can afford one why not! it’s not guarantee to win the appeal only 5 % winning chance like PRRA if I were in his shoes I will try Or reapply with stronger Evidence
Either way,he’d still need a lawyer.H&C is not something he’d want to deal with on his own.Especially when he’s been refused.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
On fortunately it hard break for me guys.. I got refused my application..
What were the grounds of your H&C application and your history in Canada? Just some basic info that you feel comfortable sharing. There are some who arrive in Canada and file an a H&C as a way to immigrate to Canada Vs. Express entry.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
It’s really sad they made you wait that long and then refused your application.Its very cruel.I think you should find a very strong lawyer to fight this.Best of luck
That’s a bit dramatic. They approve based upon the facts presented . Just because the individual had to wait for a decision doesn’t make it cruel . Note, the individual elected to apply thru the H&C route

Reactions: Buletruck

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
That’s a bit dramatic. They approve based upon the facts presented . Just because the individual had to wait for a decision doesn’t make it cruel . Note, the individual elected to apply thru the H&C route
How’s what I said dramatic .And I understand it’s approved based on facts.Why make him wait for years before making a decision.it makes no logical sense.That’s why there’s lots of backlog,because they take forever to make a decision.Its cruel.And that’s that.you clearly haven’t walked in his shoes.

refugeeseeker

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I got few questions, but before that want to share my info. I did apply for Refugee but got denied. Then appealed it and got denied.
Applied for H&C and got an email stating its approved and to wait for letter with instruction (medical/criminal). On website states letter is already mailed out (everything within few days)

My question is,
1) If my 2nd stage gets approved. Would I need my passport? (honestly, I do not want it back). But for PR application would they ask for it? Its expired and still with CBSA.

2) If I can get PR without my previous passport, can I obtain travel document?

3) My work permit is going to expire too soon in coming three-four months. Should I renew it?

Thank you for your input, in advance :)

Last edited:

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I got few questions, but before that want to share my info. I did apply for Refugee but got denied. Then appealed it and got denied.
Applied for H&C and got an email stating its approved and to wait for letter with instruction (medical/criminal). On website states letter is already mailed out (everything within few days)

My question is,
If my 2nd stage gets approved. Would I need my passport? (honestly, I do not want it back). But for PR application would they ask for it? Its expired and still with CBSA.

If I can get PR without my previous passport, can I obtain travel document?
Hey there, if you don’t mind,can you post your timeline.
Also,do you have AIP(first stage approval)? You will need your passport in order to get your Pr stamped on it.They will ask you to pay (right to Pr fee)I think they’d return your documents back to you.And since your passport is expired,they’d get it renewed for you or ask you to go do it yourself.

refugeeseeker

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Hey there, if you don’t mind,can you post your timeline.
Also,do you have AIP(first stage approval)? You will need your passport in order to get your Pr stamped on it.They will ask you to pay (right to Pr fee)I think they’d return your documents back to you.And since your passport is expired,they’d get it renewed for you or ask you to go do it yourself.

Does this letter means AIP?
Dear Mr X,
This refers to your application for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and
compassionate grounds. Humanitarian and compassionate factors are assessed to decide whether to
grant an exemption from certain legislative requirements to allow your application for permanent
residence to be processed from within Canada. On XX XXXX XXXX, I, as a representative of the Minister
of Citizenship and Immigration, approved your request for an exemption from these requirements for
the purpose of processing this application.

"I am outside now, when I get back home. Will be happy to share my timeline. Thank you"

Last edited:

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Dear Mr X,
This refers to your application for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and
compassionate grounds. Humanitarian and compassionate factors are assessed to decide whether to
grant an exemption from certain legislative requirements to allow your application for permanent
residence to be processed from within Canada. On XX June XXXX, I, as a representative of the Minister
of Citizenship and Immigration, approved your request for an exemption from these requirements for

"I am outside now, when I get back home. Will be happy to share my timeline. Thank you"
Yes! That’s your AIP.Congratulations!Also, with regards to getting a travel document, I don’t think they’d process that ,(or process them together)since you’re already getting Pr.Plus, you will need Atleast 3guarantors and couple of other things for travel document .If I were you,i’d Wait till I receive Pr before going anywhere cuz it maybe different to get back in without Pr.you will be able to apply for a work permit once you get your AIP Ietter.they usually issue 2years but since there’s a pandemic,they My be doing something different (you will probably get your Pr sooner and won’t need a work permit). I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Godaboveall

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Dear Mr X,
residence to be processed from within Canada. On XX XXXX XXXX, I, as a representative of the Minister

Congratulations refugeeseeker