+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Jon12

Mar 11, 2019
Hello Dear,

I can't advise you about spousal sponsorship as I don't know much about it.

For PRRA and H&C submiting at the same time, I did it myself, and from what I read in IRCC procedure, officer will process those application concurrently. This is what happen in my case and I got 1st approval in 6-7 months, but then wait +20 months for stage 2 and still waiting for next step.

So if you are eligible for sponsorship (12months), you may consider that rather than H&C alone (31 months). Also you can add a H&C request on your sponsorship application as suggest by Citizinmrs. Look for a good lawyer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/humanitarian-compassionate-consideration/processing/in-canada/consideration-stage-1-processing-canada-consecutive-concurrent-applications.html
Thank you so much for your advice and directions! I will definitely do sponsorship right after prra and h and c.
So h and c and prra applications will process concurently means will I have a better chance to get aip before prra decision (max 6 month) ?
Tnx again

Funmi01

Apr 12, 2019
Hello Dear,

I can't advise you about spousal sponsorship as I don't know much about it.

For PRRA and H&C submiting at the same time, I did it myself, and from what I read in IRCC procedure, officer will process those application concurrently. This is what happen in my case and I got 1st approval in 6-7 months, but then wait +20 months for stage 2 and still waiting for next step.

So if you are eligible for sponsorship (12months), you may consider that rather than H&C alone (31 months). Also you can add a H&C request on your sponsorship application as suggest by Citizinmrs. Look for a good lawyer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/humanitarian-compassionate-consideration/processing/in-canada/consideration-stage-1-processing-canada-consecutive-concurrent-applications.html
Hi there, please how did u apply for the h&c urself.

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Thank you so much for your advice and directions! I will definitely do sponsorship right after prra and h and c.
So h and c and prra applications will process concurently means will I have a better chance to get aip before prra decision (max 6 month) ?
Tnx again
Sorry I can't tell if concurrent processing gives better chance for AIP or not, it will definitely depend on your case, so make sure to work very well on your file and add as many proof as you can to prove why your relationship is genuine and why your removal will impact your partner and expecting child (did your wife have close family that can help her with the baby if you are not here anymore).

Don't base your entire h&c application on your expecting child, since your child is not born yet is best interest will be hard to determine. If his mother is completely capable to take care of the baby, officer can decide that your presence in his first few years is not necessary, as more the child lives with the parent more is best interest will be impact if this parent is far from him( if it's make any sense).

Add some establishment proof and genuine relationship proof that lacked in your previous sponsorship. Read your refusal reason in GCMS note to see how you can erase those concerns.

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Hi there, please how did u apply for the h&c urself.
I don't understand your question dear. I just filed the forms and submitted my application with all proof I thought would help to show a clear picture of my current life and difficulties and why I need an compassionate exemption to apply for PR inland.

I also used to very good website that helped me a lot to do my application.

What exactly do you want to know?

Jon12

Mar 11, 2019
Sorry I can't tell if concurrent processing gives better chance for AIP or not, it will definitely depend on your case, so make sure to work very well on your file and add as many proof as you can to prove why your relationship is genuine and why your removal will impact your partner and expecting child (did your wife have close family that can help her with the baby if you are not here anymore).

Don't base your entire h&c application on your expecting child, since your child is not born yet is best interest will be hard to determine. If his mother is completely capable to take care of the baby, officer can decide that your presence in his first few years is not necessary, as more the child lives with the parent more is best interest will be impact if this parent is far from him( if it's make any sense).

Add some establishment proof and genuine relationship proof that lacked in your previous sponsorship. Read your refusal reason in GCMS note to see how you can erase those concerns.
Thank you dear,
I will do as you said . Everything you said make sense!
yesterday I had appoitment with cbsa regarding prra application and she told me I am not eligible to stay even if I got aip thru h and c... cause I already used the chance on my previous sposal sponsorship that they deffer my case....its somehow discouraging. as she said it will be oversee application in anyway.
Good luck for you and everyone here!

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Thank you dear,
I will do as you said . Everything you said make sense!
yesterday I had appoitment with cbsa regarding prra application and she told me I am not eligible to stay even if I got aip thru h and c... cause I already used the chance on my previous sposal sponsorship that they deffer my case....its somehow discouraging. as she said it will be oversee application in anyway.
Good luck for you and everyone here!
Sorry to ear that dear, but AIP gives a stay of removal I don't understand why CBSA agent told you it's not!

Jon12

Mar 11, 2019
Sorry to ear that dear, but AIP gives a stay of removal I don't understand why CBSA agent told you it's not!
I don know why but she said I have used that once before for my spausal sponsorship which I didnt aware of it....I don know maybe she is discouraging me.
Thanks a lot.

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Hi, hope every one is fine and doing well with your cases and getting success on that. I have one question if anyone please can guide me .

My parents ( father 80 plus and mother 70 plus) are in Canada on visitor visa. They came 1 month a go.
I want to apply for their H&C visa, Can some one guide me how please ?
My parents all children are in Canada. Means my all siblings are in Canada.
I am on pr and living here for around 4 years. I have good job and salary too.
i live with my wife, and 2 kids (1 year old and 9 year old) here in Canada.
My children are Canadian citizen.
Please can anyone guide me properly means how should i start to apply for their H&C visa
I do not want to apply for refugee because after getting PR they may be going to back home for a couple of times.

Thank you in advance.
May God bless you all for all your cases and appeals

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi, hope every one is fine and doing well with your cases and getting success on that. I have one question if anyone please can guide me .

My parents ( father 80 plus and mother 70 plus) are in Canada on visitor visa. They came 1 month a go.
I want to apply for their H&C visa, Can some one guide me how please ?
My parents all children are in Canada. Means my all siblings are in Canada.
I am on pr and living here for around 4 years. I have good job and salary too.
i live with my wife, and 2 kids here in Canada.
Please can anyone guide me properly means how should i start to apply for their H&C visa
I do not want to apply for refugee because after getting PR they may be going to back home for a couple of times.

Thank you in advance.
May God bless you all for all your cases and appeals
What is your reasons for H & C ? Per your other posts you wanted to apply for the PGP, Super Visa, and they were given a regular TRV, and NOW you tossed in for good measure possibly a refugee claim ? H & C is not another way to circumvent the PGP program, nor a refugee claim, of all things. You go and apply for a PGP place, and if you are lucky and qualify, you are picked. Don't abuse the programs in place, just to have your parents here. No offense, but when you came to Canada, and all your siblings, you were all well aware your parents were not coming with you, it was not a surprise

Last edited:

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
What is your reasons for H & C ? Per your other posts you wanted to apply for the PGP, Super Visa, and they were given a regular TRV, and NOW you tossed in for good measure possibly a refugee claim ? H & C is not another way to circumvent the PGP program, nor a refugee claim, of all things. You go and apply for a PGP place, and if you are lucky and qualify, you are picked. Don't abuse the programs in place, just to have your parents here. No offense, but when you came to Canada, and all your siblings, you were all well aware your parents were not coming with you, it was not a surprise

Thank you for quick response and I truly appreciate your response.

you are partially right. we, siblings, came to Canada in different times, someone 20 years ago, someone 10 years a go and me around 5 years ago. Just wanted to know following.

1) why you said "do not abuse a program in place"?
2) why i should not apply for H&C?
3) Why should I apply for PGP ?

Thank you

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thank you for quick response and I truly appreciate your response.

you are partially right. we, siblings, came to Canada in different times, someone 20 years ago, someone 10 years a go and me around 5 years ago. Just wanted to know following.

1) why you said "do not abuse a program in place"?
2) why i should not apply for H&C?
3) Why should I apply for PGP ?

Thank you
Why should you apply for the PGP? Because that is the program in place to bring parents to Canada
You have not given ANY reasons to apply for the H & C, only thing you have said is that everyone in the family is here. And which I mentioned, you would have known that when everyone was applying to come to Canada
When you casually throw in applying for refugee, but the only reason they don't is because they want to go back to their, country possibly to visit, If the

https://www.unhcr.org/what-is-a-refugee.html

Reactions: Bornlucky

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Why should you apply for the PGP? Because that is the program in place to bring parents to Canada
You have not given ANY reasons to apply for the H & C
When you casually throw in applying for refugee, but the only reason they don't is because they want to go back to their country possibly to visit,

https://www.unhcr.org/what-is-a-refugee.html

---because my all siblings are here in Canada
---no one is in back home

When you casually throw in applying for refugee, but the only reason they don't is because they want to go back to their country possibly to visit,
---yes possibly they would go to back home for a month or 2 months to sell all property in back home once they got PR because I do not want my parents to sell property until they do not get PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
---because my all siblings are here in Canada
---no one is in back home

---yes possibly they would go to back home for a month or 2 months to sell all property in back home once they got PR because I do not want my parents to sell property until they do not get PR.
Those aren’t reasons for PR. Your 3 brothers should have been applying for PGP. Between the 3 of you, you had very high chances over 15 years. If you are born in 1992 your parents are likely in their 60s maybe even 50s. They are able to care for themselves and they also have themselves to depend on. H&C can have lasting negative effects if it gets refused. Would check with a few immigration lawyers and If they are honest they will tell you that you are a PGP candidate not H&C.

Reactions: jk2ca10

Stoja

Feb 7, 2019
Hi guys,

Would anyone know how accurate is ECAS?

How often does it get updated?

Beside ECAS and tool free number is there any other more accurate/ more detailed way of finding out status of H&C application? To be more precise im trying to find out since when is my application in process? It has been submitted May 2018 and there is no other lines on the ECAS other than applications is received!

Reactions: M0527

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Any one here applied for PRRA.
Today I got a letter and they said I can apply for PRRA. But I was thinking to apply for H&C and I collect all the paper for H&C.
The letter from CBSA mention that if I don’t apply for PRRA they will remove me from Canada. Please help me with your advice.
What kind of documents do I need to make a file for PRRA. And what are the chances.
Thank you