+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
Congratulations. Can you share your timeline?
Thank you. Please find my timeline below

July 2021: applied for h&c
April 2023: AIP
July 2023 : CSQ request
August 2023: applied for csq
January 2023: Mifi requested additional documents
February 2023: submitted requested documents
March 2024: CSQ approved
August 17 2026: Final decision
August 18th: P1
September 4th: P2
September 15th: E-corp
 
I don’t have proof but based on my case, the processing time from FD to e-corp was quite fast.

Processing time between FD to eCOPR has almost nothing to do with overall processing time. One of the reasons time from from FD to eCOPR was likely so fast is that there are probably only a few thousands of general H&C applicants who have AIP waiting for FD and then eCOPR within a 3-4 year time period so there isn’t a huge backlog of applicants who have FD who are waiting for eCOPR and they are spread out over 3-4 years. The program likely can only land a few families per month so there isn’t huge effort that goes into managing the landing of General H&C applicants. Think you come from Quebec so we’re talking about an even smaller pool of candidates who have AIP and are waiting for FD and then eCOPR. If processing was going faster you wouldn’t have waited 3.5 years from AIP to eCOPR, most people would be receiving AIP, a refusal or COPR. It is both taking longer to get AIP and time between AIP to has been slowly increased. You go very lucky and your application got AIP before it became even harder to get AIP and you were processed at the very beginning before processing times got much longer and due to the volume of applicants and much smaller quotas..
 
I actually applied in July 2021. Took about 5 years to process cause I’m in Quebec. I applied for my work permit beginning of April, got approved the beginning of may. Took about a month to process. August 17, got final decision, Today I got my e-corp. So it took about a month from final decision to e-corp. That’s pretty fast.

I mentioned you got AIP in 2023 which is correct. You waited less than 2 years to get AIP out of Quebec. Many of the other H&C programs that general H&C now compete with for the small annual H&C PR quota didn’t exist when you applied. When you applied most H&C applicants could still able secure a WP without needing AIP and IRCC/CBSA would rarely removed people who had active H&C applications being processed. That is no longer the case for and it hasn’t been for few years now. CBSA/IRCC rarely removed people for decades so it was fairly normal to see applicants to have had zero consequences if their H&C was refused and so many would keep on applying until they hopefully got approved. CBSA/IRCC is now attempting to remove people as long as AIP is not imminent and being able to apply for H&C more than once is going to be very rare. Being processed in just over 5 years out of Quebec is very fast and going forward people should not be expecting these types of processing times.
 
Thank you. Please find my timeline below

July 2021: applied for h&c
April 2023: AIP
July 2023 : CSQ request
August 2023: applied for csq
January 2023: Mifi requested additional documents
February 2023: submitted requested documents
March 2024: CSQ approved
August 17 2026: Final decision
August 18th: P1
September 4th: P2
September 15th: E-corp
Hi congratulations
Did the decision on your file come automatically, or did you request it?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Taweda
Hey guys just want to encourage everyone out there and to give an update on my application. I received my e-corp today. I know it’s hard waiting for a decision but please be patient. You will get a decision soon. The processing time on my application says I still have about 11 months but I received a final decision and e-corp way before the estimated processing times. All this fear about processing times being extremely long. I know it says 10+ years but IRCC is currently working to try to process as many applications as quickly as possible. I might be wrong but it seems this year, things are moving a bit faster. I know it’s hard but the best thing you can do is just wait. Your turn will come. Don’t worry. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope you all hear good news soon
Congratulations. Well deserved
I have the same situation and so depressed from the long processing time but you gave me the hope. Thank you
Applied December 2021
Aip May 2024
CSQ October 2025
Still waiting….
 
  • Like
Reactions: inuwd and Mahisharm
Congratulations. Well deserved
I have the same situation and so depressed from the long processing time but you gave me the hope. Thank you
Applied December 2021
Aip May 2024
CSQ October 2025
Still waiting….
Don’t worry. Yours will come.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Taweda
Did your lawyer request for decision?
Nope. Ircc emailed me stating they had made a final decision and to confirm my details. UCI, address, phone number, height, eye colour. When was the last time I travelled. Stuff like that. If I’m out of the country. Email address, so they can create a portal to confirm my photo and address
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mahisharm
Nope. Ircc emailed me stating they had made a final decision and to confirm my details. UCI, address, phone number, height, eye colour. When was the last time I travelled. Stuff like that. If I’m out of the country. Email address, so they can create a portal to confirm my photo and address
your sound look cool, Once everything is confirmed, IRCC can issue your eCoPR and begin the PR-card process. Hopefully you receive your portal invitation soon!
 
I mentioned you got AIP in 2023 which is correct. You waited less than 2 years to get AIP out of Quebec. Many of the other H&C programs that general H&C now compete with for the small annual H&C PR quota didn’t exist when you applied. When you applied most H&C applicants could still able secure a WP without needing AIP and IRCC/CBSA would rarely removed people who had active H&C applications being processed. That is no longer the case for and it hasn’t been for few years now. CBSA/IRCC rarely removed people for decades so it was fairly normal to see applicants to have had zero consequences if their H&C was refused and so many would keep on applying until they hopefully got approved. CBSA/IRCC is now attempting to remove people as long as AIP is not imminent and being able to apply for H&C more than once is going to be very rare. Being processed in just over 5 years out of Quebec is very fast and going forward people should not be expecting these types of processing times.
I understand that you may have some knowledge on H&C, however all your comments on here are mostly negative. You like your write people off. Let me ask you this, do you have an active application? Or did you ever apply for H&C.

Majority of the people on here are frustrated, so please be mindful of how you address situations.

I remember few people pointed this same issue to you sometime back.
 
I understand that you may have some knowledge on H&C, however all your comments on here are mostly negative. You like your write people off. Let me ask you this, do you have an active application? Or did you ever apply for H&C.

Majority of the people on here are frustrated, so please be mindful of how you address situations.

I remember few people pointed this same issue to you sometime back.

I was also called negative when I pointed out for at least a year of two that processing times were wrong but I was right. I am trying to drive home the reality of what is happening because I follow CanLii so I see the changes through JRs and the applications to stay removals. I have also followed politics in Canada for at least 30 years so have witnessed the dramatic change when it comes to attitudes towards immigration and realize it will take 5-10 years to try to correct the errors done under Trudeau. I follow many immigration lawyers and consultants, etc. and see none of them thinking that PR quotas are going to go up. There isn’t the political will. I want to encourage most to think past just H&C because counting on being able to remain based on H&C or that it will come within a certain timeframe is unrealistic for many. If you have children who are teenagers or early adults I would be focusing on them each qualifying for PR on their own. They should start learning French asap. Living in Canada without status is difficult but is becoming more difficult. I don’t want people waiting in Canada hoping to remain while they lose out on other opportunities. Even if it is not their top option they may miss out on the 2nd or 3rd best option while waiting in Canada with no guarantee they will get PR. I have told people to learn French for a long time or leave Canada and go back to school or gain work experience in certain fields to try to get PR via economic routes. When it comes to seniors if they run out of status could you/they pay for all their medical care out of pocket? Hospitals are running deficits so are less likely to offer things like payment plans. Waitlists for healthcare are getting longer and more hospitals are limiting access to doctors except for those with provincial healthcare or those with international student insurance. I have read 2 cases of widows with at least one child and grandchildren in Canada in the past few weeks having their JRs dismissed after their H&C cases were refused. People need to be having realistic discussions with their parents about whether they should remain in Canada without status and whether they have the funds to pay out of pocket for a healthcare emergency. Would it make more sense to remain in status and for them to return home so they can visit when possible while also setting up a longterm care plan in their home country. Would you want your parents getting removed from Canada? I’m not saying these are easy options. I think keeping the general H&C going as is is cruel because it gives people unrealistic expectations when processed it many decades. Most will run out of status way before their application is assessed and we are seeing many with existing H&C applications being removed weekly. When you applied certainly should be a factor but especially if you applied in 2025/26 processing is so long that most will have left Canada or will have been out of status for a long time before their application is processed. Even late 2024 applicants need to look carefully at the backlog when they are published and truly assess their options. Being out of status has negative consequences inside Canada but also outside Canada so should be avoided. If people have children things like access to education and cost should also be a consideration. As I said before if I was a family with teenagers who had applied for H&C I would have my children learning French and making sure they could score CLB 7 when they graduate high school or as soon as possible after graduating high school. I also would book a consultation with a reputable immigration lawyer or consultant who is willing to tell the truth and not promise they can get everyone PR and create some strategies and work through the negative consequences as well. I know that some have already done this but many have no idea that H&C is not a realistic option to obtain PR in the near future especially if you applied somewhat recently. Also that IRCC and CBSA have become more strict on who they accept and have become more aggressive when it comes to removals so what was once possible may no longer be possible. I hope that IRCC also takes steps to reform the program because the current program doesn’t serve it’s purpose and is not functional.
 
Last edited: