+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Mahisharm

Jan 4, 2022
Hello all ,
My passport is with CBSA and it is expired .I want to renew my work permit because I have a PRRA in process .How can I submit a work permit application with expired passport ? Thank you .
Just put any recent date and upload copy of your passport

Posmishka

Aug 10, 2022
Quebec
Good morning everyone!
Is here anyone who got their eCOPR recently (within past few months) and could tell me how long does it take after submitting all the necessary info to the PR portal?
It's been almost two weeks since we did it and still nothing I feel like there is always more and more wait on every step of the process.

Reactions: Harry2291

FNU

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Hello everyone, my lawyer tried to check processing update for my application and she was not able to do that. She said they might not started to process it. It has been 8 months since I applied for it. Does it possible? Anyone have same experience? What should I do to learn if they started or not yet?

Ad3y

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hello everyone, my lawyer tried to check processing update for my application and she was not able to do that. She said they might not started to process it. It has been 8 months since I applied for it. Does it possible? Anyone have same experience? What should I do to learn if they started or not yet?
Call the IRCC support center (18882422100) 8am local time. Any later and you won't be able to get through. Follow the prompts until the end and speak to an agent. Have your application number ready as well. Tell the agent you want to know what stages have been passed in your application ( the stages are background check, medical, biometrics, eligibility etc).

Reactions: FNU

FNU

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Call the IRCC support center (18882422100) 8am local time. Any later and you won't be able to get through. Follow the prompts until the end and speak to an agent. Have your application number ready as well. Tell the agent you want to know what stages have been passed in your application ( the stages are background check, medical, biometrics, eligibility etc).
I did it and the officer told me that background check is in process however she didn’t say anything specific. Should I try again?

Ad3y

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
I did it and the officer told me that background check is in process however she didn’t say anything specific. Should I try again?
You can. Ask if any part of the background check is in progress: criminality, security or info sharing. Did she say if any of the other parts (biometrics, medical and eligibility) have started, is in progress or passed? They don't volunteer information, you have to ask very specific questions if you want answers.

Reactions: FNU

FNU

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
You can. Ask if any part of the background check is in progress: criminality, security or info sharing. Did she say if any of the other parts (biometrics, medical and eligibility) have started, is in progress or passed? They don't volunteer information, you have to ask very specific questions if you want answers.
Thank you, I will try again.

Reactions: Ad3y

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hello I'm planning to ask for my GCMS/ATIP notes, my application (second application) was received online on November 2, 2022, AOR January 2023, I'm still waiting...I'm a bit hesitant to ask for GCMS notes because my experience was bad with my first application that was refused after 15 months, I remember I asked for them twice and they took many months to deliver them, to find nothing special in the end (it was a big disappointment..) Will requesting GCMS notes impact waiting times even more?

Reactions: Zhenar and Taweda

Ad3y

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hello I'm planning to ask for my GCMS/ATIP notes, my application (second application) was received online on November 2, 2022, AOR January 2023, I'm still waiting...I'm a bit hesitant to ask for GCMS notes because my experience was bad with my first application that was refused after 15 months, I remember I asked for them twice and they took many months to deliver them, to find nothing special in the end (it was a big disappointment..) Will requesting GCMS notes impact waiting times even more?
It has no effect on processing times.

Reactions: Taweda

Zhenar

Apr 5, 2022
Hi all, does anyone know how long it currently takes for a second humanitarian and compassion application to be processed?" Thank you

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Did anyone get this error while checking status on ecas?
i tried it a few days ago and again today and its still the same in red on the website:

SORRY ...this on-line service is currently not available.
Possible reasons:

1. We are currently updating this Web site.
  2. We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.