+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Btw in less than 9 months i ordered 5 GCMS notes , calling daily , emailing three HM offices weekly despite updated by webform monthly and still not enough I involved MP office last month that how you should treat ircc officer otherwise they just ignored your file
Sorry I forgot to mentioned I updated my file some time by regular mail to burrant st BC by Canada post yea that is how it works for me
That's amazing.. if it works then I would love to join too...just don't want them to get annoyed. do they know if we call or ask for GCMS? There was another member here who spoke almost the same way as you are and did almost the same thing regularly calling and updating, but I think the member disappeared... not sure what happened about the case?

Rwangu

Feb 27, 2020
Immigration can be soo annoying they gave me AIP 4 months ago and said they didn’t need anything from me , now they are requesting for me to get my medicals done even tho they said they are using the ones they got from before

Ad3y

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Immigration can be soo annoying they gave me AIP 4 months ago and said they didn’t need anything from me , now they are requesting for me to get my medicals done even tho they said they are using the ones they got from before
Did you do your last medicals within the past 5 years? I read about a public policy that expires Oct 2024 where PR applicants IN Canada that were classed low risk after their last IME within 5 years don't need to do them again.

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
What is your timeline and when was your last medical? Did the 5 years time just expire recently?

Rwangu

Feb 27, 2020
I did mine in 2018, I got my AIP in august but I’ve been calling them and they kept saying I didn’t need medicals done

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
I did mine in 2018, I got my AIP in august but I’ve been calling them and they kept saying I didn’t need medicals done
So it may have just expired depending on the month in which it was done.. the call agents themselves wouldn't have known until the note came up in GCMS most probably.. and they will only tell you whats written there.

S H S

Aug 18, 2023
I know some members in this platform got accepted in just three months and someone got refused after 2 years i know it’s hard to you to believe that but unfortunately this is a fact ,REAL
So are you still doing exercise patient?
Our Member of Parliament has contacted them twice and also provided me with a supportive letter to submit on my behalf. In practice, MPs regularly reach out to Immigration for various cases, and in my second attempt, it took three weeks for the MP to communicate with Immigration about my application. Ultimately, the immigration officer has to evaluate applications based on their established criteria and priority weighting. For instance, I believe the government may prioritize organizing Ukrainian individuals in the H&C program over accepting them as refugees due to cost considerations, similar to the case with Afghan individuals. Conversely, they likely distribute applications to different offices for aspects such as criminality, security, or medical evaluations to prevent overwhelming any single office with a rush of applications, considering their broader responsibilities. While you have the freedom to take any actions you deem fit, it's important to acknowledge that the immigration officer possesses wisdom and extensive experience in dealing with such cases.

Reactions: Taweda

Rwangu

Feb 27, 2020
I have booked it to get it done tomorrow, it’s soo frustrating cause the agent who approved it told me I didn’t need one too

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I know some members in this platform got accepted in just three months and someone got refused after 2 years i know it’s hard to you to believe that but unfortunately this is a fact ,REAL
So are you still doing exercise patient?
It is incredibly rare to get a response after 3 months especially with current processing times. Such a fast response tends to come it this is not the first application or if there is an exceptional situation where it is such an emergency that it may be a life/death situation. One should expect a current H&C case to take 1.5-2+ years these days with no guarantee of approval.

Reactions: S H S

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
24 months is something to get MP involved.. Its just frustrating.. I have seen that there are 1-2 cases which have been going on for this long on this forum.. but I think you should be able to use the Writ of Mandamus at this point?
24 months is not unusual especially if processing has been started. Think it would be hard to justify a writ of mandamus at that point. If 3 years then I would consider writ of mandamus if you weren’t slowly going through processing like for example adding more and more medical information if being asked to provide more medical testing or further information from your doctor.

Zahra97

Star Member
Dec 16, 2023
That's amazing.. if it works then I would love to join too...just don't want them to get annoyed. do they know if we call or ask for GCMS? There was another member here who spoke almost the same way as you are and did almost the same thing regularly calling and updating, but I think the member disappeared... not sure what happened about the case?
Of course they know how many times you called and request for gcms but won’t harm the application at all.
Do you know who is this? I want to send a message regarding the results of application

Zahra97

Star Member
Dec 16, 2023
It is incredibly rare to get a response after 3 months especially with current processing times. Such a fast response tends to come it this is not the first application or if there is an exceptional situation where it is such an emergency that it may be a life/death situation. One should expect a current H&C case to take 1.5-2+ years these days with no guarantee of approval.
As I said it’s hard to believe but this was happened multiple times.
By the way I have requested to expedite my file and MP office is doing on behalf me.

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014
Hi
I am a new bee here and seeking for some guidance.
I applied for AIP from Dubai UAE. I just got my AOR yesterday. I want to know with your experience, what is the current timelines and are there anyone who have already gone thru the same process from here UAE?

Let me know please - thanks
Did u apply h&c from uae?