28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello
This is such a helpful thread, I am seeking some guidance and help here as well, I was denied my refugee case in May 2023 and applied for h&c I have submitted my application 3 time but ircc return it as application wasn't filled correctly, I have a lawyer who is doing this for me , I had 1st interview with CBSA back in August 2023,as my wife and kids passports are expired they told me they will assign another officer who will initiate for passports, my one daughter is US citizen and rest are Pakistani(total 3kids) , since then i didnt heard anything back from CBSA I wasn't offered PRAA in that meeting , in meanwhile I have lost my work authorization , i applied for renewal before my JR came in but IRCC denied my work permit extension in September 2023 as my removal order are issued now I am looking to renew my work permit as well, as I have to keep things running , I never took any aid , paid good taxes and very respectful leadership position job , my kids are very bright and shinning in studies and we mainly put our case for best interest of child and establishment in Canada,
Reading all previous threads it will take time for h&c decision especially its just been submitted, how can I get work permit , should I involve my local MP to escalate for my work authorization, what are my options now .
To the best of my knowledge, a work permit is only possible under a removal order if the removal order can't be enforced for reasons you can't control (e.g. you are stateless). However I'll let others comment. Maybe there's a way to do it.

Since you are now under a removal order, definitely speak to your lawyer about arguments supporting the tri-partite test which is what your lawyer will need to use to defer your removal from Canada once IRCC obtains travel documents for your wife and kids and communicates a formal removal date.

Good luck.

Robin220

May 15, 2023
Guys

How tough will it be for those of us who are denied pr under H&C to come back to canada if we are deported?
Hi

Did you apply for reconsideration or second h&C, are you failed refugee claimant. I think if you are failed refugee claimant CBSA can offer you PRRA after 12 months.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys

How tough will it be for those of us who are denied pr under H&C to come back to canada if we are deported?
It's very possible if you can qualify and be selected for PR through an economic immigration program like Express Entry and PNP. As long as you declare your full history in Canada, there is no issue getting PR approved. You may also need to go through the ARC process if you were actually deported. But this won't stop you from returning, it will just delay the process. The key is meeting the requirements for PR and also scoring enough points / being selected.

It will be difficult to return under any sort of temporary status (e.g. visitor, work permit, study permit). That may not be possible.

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Ho all,

While I am waiting for the renewal of my work permit, I received an email asking me to redo my biometric free of charge. It’s not expired yet.
do you think this is related to my H$C application. Maybe that’s why my application is delayed for about 23 months without any response.
please advise

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
Hey, sorry for late reply. I don’t remember the exact steps but from my memory i am putting down what i did, so try that.

1. Create GC key account first and then google cic online account.
2. Login with you created GC key.
3. click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day

Harry2291

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
Hey, sorry for late reply. I don’t remember the exact steps but from my memory i am putting down what i did, so try that.

1. Create GC key account first and then google cic online account.
2. Login with you created GC key.
3. click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day
Hi tony

did you received your PR card?

Won

Sep 23, 2017
Hi there,
I applied for H&C back in Nov 2021 and haven't heard anything yet just submitted my biometric about a week ago. It's a bit completed. I was called to the CBSA office two weeks ago, and the officer said they needed to re-create my profile because my PNP was rejected. I'm a TRP holder so I told him that I can legally stay in Canada until March 2025 which is the expiration date on TRP. However, the officer said they could cancel my TRP and re-issue the exclusion order if my PRRA is rejected. I don't get that it could happen. The point is what is the processing time after people submit their biometrics?
Thanks in advance.

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Hi there,
I applied for H&C back in Nov 2021 and haven't heard anything yet just submitted my biometric about a week ago. It's a bit completed. I was called to the CBSA office two weeks ago, and the officer said they needed to re-create my profile because my PNP was rejected. I'm a TRP holder so I told him that I can legally stay in Canada until March 2025 which is the expiration date on TRP. However, the officer said they could cancel my TRP and re-issue the exclusion order if my PRRA is rejected. I don't get that it could happen. The point is what is the processing time after people submit their biometrics?
Thanks in advance.
Are you a failed refugee

Usman A

Jul 8, 2023
Hello good people,
I am just wondering if there is anyone here with same timeline as mine.
Applied as a refugee but was not accepted. submitted H&C since 2021 dec.
We received your application for permanent residence on December 23, 2021.
We started processing your application on April 22, 2022.
The criminality assessment is in process.
Eligibility, security and medical assessments have not been initiated.
When i called IRCC all they said is criminality in progress and no further information is required from you.
I am concerned nothing has been done and for the record, i have no criminal record of any sort.
Could it be that the officer just decided to suspend the application or what?
Any insight in regard to the above will be appreciated.
May we all have a cause to celebrate at the end of it all, to be honest this process is stressful.
Does anyone have an application with the Immigration office in Montreal?
Do you have work authorisation at this stage?