+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
There are no older posts but we’re you not the family where one child came study at college or university and then the mother came the next year perhaps as a visitor and the rest of the family arrived in Canada although I can’t remember how. If I remember correctly you all applied for H&C when in Canada. You may have been living in the US before coming to Canada and one of the arguments is the fact that some of the children don’t have any connection to their home country (Pakistan I beleive). Purchasing a home doesn’t guarantee the ability to remain in a country. Applying to remain in H&C is for expeptional situation and not a way to skip normal pathways for economic immigration. Was there a reasons why your family didn’t apply for express entry. If I remember correctly at least one child had come to Canada on a study permit to attend college/university and they would have qualified for PGWP if they had studied full-time and then likely PR. Why did they abandon that route in favour of H&C? Most won’t purchase a home in Canada until they know they can remain in Canada knowing that they would have to sell quickly if they aren’t able to remain in Canada. Without more knowledge about your case and the timelines, where you had lived before Canada and what your status was there, etc. makes it very difficult to comment about your case.
But what if all the programs didn’t fit in your situation. H&C will be the only option even if you study and had PGWP. @canuck78

Rayja

Jun 11, 2023
Hello guys,

i just called IRCC call centre. The agent told me that my application is approved and they will be sending mail to ask for credentials and then I will get an email to upload photo for my PR card.
Thanks everyone. This forum has been so helpful to me in the waiting game. But finally got the permanent residency and God to be praised.
Can you share your timeline. Congrat

Reactions: Rashpal094

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But what if all the programs didn’t fit in your situation. H&C will be the only option even if you study and had PGWP. @canuck78
There are so many different programs that fall under express entry these days so if you had points for studying in Canada and have worked in Canada it is pretty unusual not to qualify for one of the programs. It may take some time and you may have to relocate to another province where it will be easier to get PR but all possible in order to secure PR. In addition since Covid many people have had their PGWPs extended.

Reactions: Taweda

lonesheep93

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hello,
we received a refused PRRA and H&C together same day by same officer. We are very worried. Please assist with your opinion.
- can we apply for JR for H&C and JR for the PRRA together ? And same time apply for new H&C application ?
- probability’s of receiving positive JR decision of the H&C or the PRRA is higher ?
- Any condition to apply immediately for the second H&C application ?
- requirements for apply for TRP ?
When did u apply for h&C? I also got refused lawyer said only 20% cases get reconsidered for leave?

jayjay118

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Hello guys,

i just called IRCC call centre. The agent told me that my application is approved and they will be sending mail to ask for credentials and then I will get an email to upload photo for my PR card.
Thanks everyone. This forum has been so helpful to me in the waiting game. But finally got the permanent residency and God to be praised.
Congratulations

Rashpal094

Aug 31, 2023
Can you share your timeline. Congrat
Application submitted-June 2022
AOR-June 2022
Biometrics-July 2022.
AIP- 18 August 2023
Medical passed-last week of August
Security passed-September 26,2023
Info sharing completed-September 30,2023
Criminality passed- Oct 31,2023

Reactions: Taweda

Christy Ada

Star Member
Apr 12, 2022
Good evening house pls has anyone gone for H&C JR before, My lawyer is saying we don’t have to be there that he’ll have to go alone but this doesn’t sit well with me? Thanks

mmab

Nov 6, 2023
Hello
This is such a helpful thread, I am seeking some guidance and help here as well, I was denied my refugee case in May 2023 and applied for h&c I have submitted my application 3 time but ircc return it as application wasn't filled correctly, I have a lawyer who is doing this for me , I had 1st interview with CBSA back in August 2023,as my wife and kids passports are expired they told me they will assign another officer who will initiate for passports, my one daughter is US citizen and rest are Pakistani(total 3kids) , since then i didnt heard anything back from CBSA I wasn't offered PRAA in that meeting , in meanwhile I have lost my work authorization , i applied for renewal before my JR came in but IRCC denied my work permit extension in September 2023 as my removal order are issued now I am looking to renew my work permit as well, as I have to keep things running , I never took any aid , paid good taxes and very respectful leadership position job , my kids are very bright and shinning in studies and we mainly put our case for best interest of child and establishment in Canada,
Reading all previous threads it will take time for h&c decision especially its just been submitted, how can I get work permit , should I involve my local MP to escalate for my work authorization, what are my options now .

Rashpal094

Aug 31, 2023
They will send you portal with in 2 weeks
Thanks Navi.
You mean within 2 weeks after Decision made and approved on Nov 01,2023z
IRCC agent told me that my application is approved and they will be sending portal soon.
But it’s been week till my application approved and no portal yet.
Please advice