+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Robin220

May 15, 2023
Hello everyone, when I called IRCC, phone status says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and we are running background check. Anyone has experience with this? please let me know. Thanks!
yes i got same answer on automated voice message system , when did you apply i apply in April 2023

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
On my end I only hear about eligibility but not about background. So your application is ahead which is good for you, I believe.
Thank you for your prompt response. Ugh this is my second application. it's interesting cause lawyer is asking me to pay her extra to update my submitted application. She called me couple of times already so Im not sure whats going on as I dont have visibility on Portal. I just called the phone support and heard that online status dont know what does that mean and why is lawyer so pushy about updating my application?

Rashpal094

Aug 31, 2023
Hello guys,
Decision made on Ecas on November 1.
still didn’t get any letter or portal email.
Is this normal?

Its so much stressful.My anxiety is going up every hour.
Did this happen to anyone before?

please guys shed some light on it.

Emrose

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Hello guys,
Is this normal?

Hey, I think sometime they take time but contact IRCC…try calling or email.

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
Hello guys,
Is this normal?

Could you please let me know if e-cas shows any other status? I never used E-cas. Is this something that everyone is using?

Emrose

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Could you please let me know if e-cas shows any other status? I never used E-cas. Is this something that everyone is using?
It shows updates of your application i.e when it was received , when they sent AOR, when your application is in process, decision made. You can try using that.

Reactions: Kate_20