+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Mahisharm

Jan 4, 2022
The exemption was written on the AIP letter. They just asked for medical,PCC,RPRF to submit within 30 days and it was written they don’t need financial support information as minister also gave me exemption A39.
I already submitted all the documents upfront so my lawyer notified Niagra office about documents being submitted upfront.They confirmed it and medical got passed just after 4 days after receiving AIP.
In my letter they also wrote exemption. They didn’t send me any letter for documentation

Reactions: Singh navi

fagsey

Star Member
Dec 18, 2022
Our work permit was expired because our lawyer at the time misinformed us that we couldn't renew it as a failed Refugee. After my husband was detained by cbsa he was told to stop working by the judge that granted him bail as for me I was in a car accident and couldn't return to work. That is why the exemption was granted.

I see someone posted that they received the exemption because they were recieving social assistance .
@Pear23 did you inform ircc about your car accident before your AIP?

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
@Pear23 did you inform ircc about your car accident before your AIP?
Yes I did. When they refused our application in 2022 the officer said that there weren't enough evidence so we applied for reconsideration and put all the evidence forward, medical reports, accident reports, letters from doctors, medications, pictures etc

Basically our lawyer mentioned that I was in a car accident but he didn't send any of the evidence we provided.

Last edited:

Singh navi

Feb 2, 2022
No, it doesn’t .H&C applications are processed differently for every case file.It depends on your arguments as well backed up with facts and proofs.Every application is different and varies on the officer as well.
It depends on application and discretion of officer handling the application.
What is written in AIP

Jay83

Star Member
Aug 31, 2023
The exemption was written on the AIP letter. They just asked for medical,PCC,RPRF to submit within 30 days and it was written they don’t need financial support information as minister also gave me exemption A39.
I already submitted all the documents upfront so my lawyer notified Niagra office about documents being submitted upfront.They confirmed it and medical got passed just after 4 days after receiving AIP.
Are you receiving OW or ODSP?

Jay83

Star Member
Aug 31, 2023
What does this mean in the notes:
Triage: Discrimination

I feel like there’s something wrong in my application that was submitted by my lawyer. Why it takes all this time. 20 months without any updates. Please advise
I have same things on my gmc note but I don’t know what that means we need some experts to read the note

Jay83

Star Member
Aug 31, 2023
Hello guys,
My husband got his Aip from Niagra falls today morning. They asked for to submit valid copies of passport, medical and security police certificates from home country. We have already submitted these documents upfront when we submitted the application. They exempt him from financial statements as he is on social assistance.They said they exempt him on grounds of A39 section. What can we do?
Application submitted-June 2022
AOR-July 2022
AIP-August 2023
How long does it take for portal email to receive for stage 2 now?
What kind of social assistance he received OW or ODSP? And how may I know if I get exempt?