+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Did you applied yourself or through Lawyer? Online or paper? Have you updated your application since you have applied?
Lawyer paper..the above is the ecas update I check daily.. and lawyer told us there was no need to update anything..I really have nothing to update either because it's an application for a widowed parent so dont have any job or tax or anything to update that way

Sidra88

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
Hi I would like some guidance..timeline as below:
Submitted: May 2022
AOR: June 2022
In process: September 2022
Medicals received: June 2023

Nothing after that. Eligibility was still not started when I called in June 2023 after the medical update
Had done medicals within the past 5 years, provided PCC and paid fees..dod everything upfront.. could it be that we are not hearing anything back just because everything is already submitted? I'm worried to call them again since we called once in June already..
Not sure if should do GCMS or AITP notes (what is the difference?) And is there any chance ordering those would help push the process? Or is it better to just remain silent and wait another month or so until summer is over and they may have more staff etc. I assume.
Is there any exemption for medical cause I also had done medical in past 5 years when I claimed asylum?

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Is there any exemption for medical cause I also had done medical in past 5 years when I claimed asylum?
Yes its exempted because it was done in the past 5 years..so they automatically marked it as received..it was just like a normal update on ecas

Sidra88

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
Yes its exempted because it was done in the past 5 years..so they automatically marked it as received..it was just like a normal update on ecas
Thanks for your reply
Is this exemption policy for everyone I mean in apply for me cause I had same thing in 5 years ago?

Reactions: Homelonely

Sidra88

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
I believe it is for everyone who has done medical within the past 5 years- they dont need to do it again
I can’t check application status on Ecas status on pr account just says submitted I don’t know the status of my medical

Ad3y

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hello all,

I am new and have a question. I was wondering how people on their second or third H&C application avoid deportation while waiting out the process. Does any original stay of removal/ deferral just remain indefinitely or you wait and pray CBSA doesn't remember you exist.

I have a failed refugee claim, done appeals, JR. Was notified of PRRA eligibility last year and submitted Dec 2022. Just submitted my H&C this August on grounds of establishment, best interest of the child and hardship back in home country. Been here since Sept 2019.

I ask cos I'm panicking the PRRA will get a decision before first stage approval of the H&C (God willing) and the removal order will go back into effect. How do I delay removal if that happens?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,

I am new and have a question. I was wondering how people on their second or third H&C application avoid deportation while waiting out the process. Does any original stay of removal/ deferral just remain indefinitely or you wait and pray CBSA doesn't remember you exist.

I have a failed refugee claim, done appeals, JR. Was notified of PRRA eligibility last year and submitted Dec 2022. Just submitted my H&C this August on grounds of establishment, best interest of the child and hardship back in home country. Been here since Sept 2019.

I ask cos I'm panicking the PRRA will get a decision before first stage approval of the H&C (God willing) and the removal order will go back into effect. How do I delay removal if that happens?
The original stay of removal does not remain indefinitely.

If PRRA is approved, that's one thing of course. If PRRA is negative and CBSA moves to remove you, then you'd need to go for a stay of removal with the help of a lawyer and that lawyer would need to demonstrate that your case meets the tripartite test. You may find tihs link useful to help explain this process: http://www.wazanalaw.com/OUT_Deportation.aspx#:~:text=To win a stay motion,to her/his home country.

Sidra88

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
Hello all,

What country you are from?

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
I can’t check application status on Ecas status on pr account just says submitted I don’t know the status of my medical

If its submitted then that is your status..it starts with submitted and then few months later goes to In process..after it went in process, it updated medical while being in process..13 months after I applied.. so when did you apply for it?

Sidra88

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
If its submitted then that is your status..it starts with submitted and then few months later goes to In process..after it went in process, it updated medical while being in process..13 months after I applied.. so when did you apply for it?
I applied online, submitted I mean for complete application not for medical I can not see any updates regarding this just saying submitted application
March 2023 submitted
AOR April 2023
But I can’t check ecas

Reactions: wello711

Sidra88

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
I applied online, submitted I mean for complete application not for medical I can not see any updates regarding this just saying submitted application
March 2023 submitted
AOR April 2023
But I can’t check ecas

Reactions: Jen1820