+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Hello everyone. Here with an update.
So on June 9th I was sent a medical request (without AIP) (Ecas: In Process - Medical required). I made an appointment for the following week but first thing in a Monday morning I received an email from IRCC that medical is not required and I should cancel my appointment until further notice. Nothing on status update upon asking. Was told that I will be contacted if anything required. It was very scary since I had not received the AIP so it put me in doubt. I thought maybe I will be exempted since I haven't left Canada in more than 5 years but these were all my guesses and I could only wait for an email update.

However, Today I received my AIP in the email confirming the approval. So Thank God ! I hope and pray the same for you all.
The email states that I will now be issued a medical request to be expected in a day or two. I don't mind waiting for the follow up process since I've waited so much already, but I just found it odd and inefficient. I could have completed my medical if it was required at the end of the day and have saved some time. But it's all okay in the end thank God.

And thank you guys, all the members and contributors, I started my H&C journey after stumbling upon this forum and with the help and guidance from past and current members. Will keep updated what happens next going forward. Thank you
A big congrats. All Glory to God.

Rayja

Jun 11, 2023
So on June 9th I was sent a medical request (without AIP) (Ecas: In Process - Medical required). I made an appointment for the following week but first thing in a Monday morning I received an email from IRCC that medical is not required and I should cancel my appointment until further notice. Nothing on status update upon asking. Was told that I will be contacted if anything required. It was very scary since I had not received the AIP so it put me in doubt. I thought maybe I will be exempted since I haven't left Canada in more than 5 years but these were all my guesses and I could only wait for an email update.

However, Today I received my AIP in the email confirming the approval. So Thank God ! I hope and pray the same for you all.
The email states that I will now be issued a medical request to be expected in a day or two. I don't mind waiting for the follow up process since I've waited so much already, but I just found it odd and inefficient. I could have completed my medical if it was required at the end of the day and have saved some time. But it's all okay in the end thank God.

And thank you guys, all the members and contributors, I started my H&C journey after stumbling upon this forum and with the help and guidance from past and current members. Will keep updated what happens next going forward. Thank you
Today is Sunday, do IRCC issues out Aip on a Sunday? Also share timeline. Congrat once again

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Whether medical is required begore or after AIP is usually dependent on the reasons for H&C. If an H&C request is based on a medical issue a medical is often requested before AIP but if passing a medical is part of normal processing then it is typically done after AIP.

Reactions: stallion1982

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Experts.

I hope all is well with you all,

I have submitted my H&C in Aug 22 on the baisis of my chronic medical condition as well as best interest of Children then my establishment.
IRCC Received my application In Sep 22, my file start In Process march 2023, Jun 2023 I received first Medical only for me.

Today i received 2nd Medical request from IRCC to contact my medical Practitioner and asked them to complete the further medical requirement ASAP.

Please share your opinions where my application is stands and what do you think on above?

Please advise.

kind regards
How are you supporting yourself and your children? Is medical care available in your home country? Both factors will be important to your file.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Experts.

I hope all is well with you all,

I have submitted my H&C in Aug 22 on the baisis of my chronic medical condition as well as best interest of Children then my establishment.
IRCC Received my application In Sep 22, my file start In Process march 2023, Jun 2023 I received first Medical only for me.

Today i received 2nd Medical request from IRCC to contact my medical Practitioner and asked them to complete the further medical requirement ASAP.

Please share your opinions where my application is stands and what do you think on above?

Please advise.

kind regards
Your health is a major issue in determining your H&C application so more detailed information about your health, your prognosis, the cost of care, the ability to access care in your home country and what care you would need to access will be very important for your H&C. I assume that is why you are being asked for more details about your current health and medical condition.