+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am about to say something that a lot of immigration gurus in this forum and also those whose application was approved will 100 % agree with me.

What am about to say, am talking from personal experience and thousands of stories I have heard nd seen for myself.

As I am typing you this message, someone was recently deported back to his country. Meanwhile, the lawyer who worked on his application pretend like he does not know this client and did not even bother AS LONG AS THE LAWYER HAS BEEN PAID HIS FULL MONEY.

I also experience something similar. Inapid about 10, 000 dollars to my lawyer. That does not even include h and c application fees and PR fees. He even charge me for printing paper... Can you imagine ?

What was the outcome of my application ? It was REFUSED !. This means I lost my 10, 000dillars. You will not believe as soon as my application was refused, this lawyer blocked my number permanently. His office location is far away from me. He knows I will need to get in a plane to visit his office. He know it is not feasible to visit his office because he reside and his office location is in a different location. We only chat and talk via phone.

I also ALMOST got scammed by a second lawyer who wanted me to wire her a deposit of 3,000 dollars before she can start my application. I was very smart this time. Unknown to her, she does not even know I have not signed the contract she sent me. That was what saved me. I waited for about 7 month, she still have not even open my application. Yet, she keeps lying to me that she have started. I told her I want to cancel my contract in the 8th month. She got angry and told me I will have to pay her 500 dollars for cancellation of contract FOR DOING NOTHING.

Because I refused, she seized all the documents I sent to her. She said she will not return it back to me till I have give her that money. I remember that all the documents I gave were all PHOTOCOPY of my original documents. Since I have the original documents with me I did not bother to use any more. Till present, my documents are still with her.

THIS IS WHY I ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE NEVER TO GIVE OR HAND OVER ANY LAWYER YOUR *ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS*.. do not make this mistake!

Here is my observation of lawyers .

Lawyers love to work client who are in fear and gullible or have no idea of the immigration process. They love this type of clients because they easy to gaslight or manipulate..

They Hate when clients ask questions ( especially question that will make have a good knowledge of how immigration process work )

You will notice that when lawyer is working on a client application, they like to KEEP THE CLIENT IN THE DARK... you the client will have no clue of what the lawyer has done or is doing. You hardly is given opportunity CAREFULLY TAKE YOUR TIME READ AKD CHECK ALL HIS/HER work before the lawyer submit your application. ...all they want is for you to have FATE in what they are doing.

Notice when you ask too much questions especially when they telling something that makes no sense, they get angry and issue you with threat of terminating your contract with you ( WITHOUT REFUND OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY)...

Can I also add that the fear factor when you run out of status is often the core reason people run to lawyers LIKE THEY ARE SAVIOUR OF HUMANITY.

Also, you need to be very careful of google reviews of lawyers. A lot of it are fake !!!.... it's easy to create a lot of Gmail accounts to write those reviews. Also, there are companies that specialize in writing those reviews for lawyers once they are paid.

Another thing I find disturbing when SOME people patronize the lawyer they use for their application which was approved is that...they tell how the lawyer they use is good and help towards making their application a success ( which I don't doubt)....what is often missing is that THEIR APPLICATION FOR APPROVE BASE ON THE MERIT OF YOUR CASE...IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING SPECIAL THAT A LAWYER HAVE DONE IN YOUR APPLICATION.

if doubt of this claim, when you hire a lawyer, ask him or her WHAT IS SUCCESS RATE OF MY APPLICATION IF YOU WORK ON IT ?...... carefully watch the time of his voice.... BEFORE you make payment, he will BRAG on how he has help so many people in your situation get their application approved. Hence giving you the impression that he can do the same for you to get yours approved...

AFTER you make payment, wait for few days...ask him or her the SAME question . The lawyer will tell you to your face it is up to IRCC to decide that. Which implies he is not sure of himself....notice how the tone of his voice change ? But this was not what the lawyer told you BEFORE payment..now you have paid, you are TRAPPED.

If you always carefully read through the contract they ask.you client.to sign, there will always be a paragraph that says YOUR MONEY IS NOT REFUNDABLE OF YOU CHOOSE TO CANCEL CONTRACT WITH THEM....and also, THE LAWYER HAVE THE RIGHT.TO CANCEL THEIR CONTRACT WITH YOU WITH NO REFUND....

if doubt, read your contract again.....

To answer your question........

If you have a very good lawyer who have your best interest, you can add additional documents to your application.

Unfortunately, most lawyers will charge MORE money for adding documents after they have submitted your application. They are lazy to be bothered about your application....ALLL they after is YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ....This will end up discouraging you from adding more documents.

This is why I prefer to do my application myself....let me ask you, within how many min can a lawyer know everything about your immigration history ?...

They just ask you few question...they are done... This is why they always write GENERIC STATEMENTS ABOUT THEIR CLIENTS in your application....what do you expect ?.....

You know your LIFE and IMMIGRATION story because you experience it yourself. You are in the BEST position to present all the documents that you know will help your application.

This is why always tell people to come to this forum to ask questions. Seek guidance on how to do your application.. even if you decide.to give a lawyer your application, there are certain things a lawyer will NEVER bother to do that are important .

With the help, advice and guidance from different people in this forum ( especially @kaytoon ), I humble to say today that I am a permanent resident of Canada
Congrats @bella12 you prepared a thorough bullet proof application addressing all previous refusal arguments leaving no room for debates. You did not give up during the hardest period of your life and your persistence has been rewarded.

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
@Katayoon
What are your thoughts about my application. Is it normal all this delays. Nothing in my previous notes. There’s no any officers numbers like created by or updated by
It’s very strange. Do you think it’s assigned to an officer or still in the queue. The last update was November 2022 but nothing was written. Maybe to assign the secondary office

Reactions: wovarunsharma

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
@Katayoon
What are your thoughts about my application. Is it normal all this delays. Nothing in my previous notes. There’s no any officers numbers like created by or updated by
It’s very strange. Do you think it’s assigned to an officer or still in the queue. The last update was November 2022 but nothing was written. Maybe to assign the secondary office
what is your secondary office ?

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Paper based application
H&C stage 1 application: July 2021
AOR: August 2021
H&C stage 1 approval: July 2022
Stage 2 additional documents submission: August 2022
PR application approval: January 2023
Address&Photo portal submission: January 2023
eCOPR: February 2023
PR card: pending
Congratulations please I apply my h&c in June 2022 and receive aor in July 2022 no updates after that please I want to know maybe they ask you for medical instructions because have been in canada since 2017.thanks

Reactions: lonesheep93

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Congrats @bella12 you prepared a thorough bullet proof application addressing all previous refusal arguments leaving no room for debates. You did not give up during the hardest period of your life and your persistence has been rewarded.
Thank you very much @Katayoon . You played a huge part in what has made my PR approval a reality. Your guidance and advice all worked like magic.

And you are correct. I left no room for debate, argument, confusion and ambiguity. As a matter of fact, I have to keep reviewing everything I wrote and submit for any mistake . This is to ensure that my points are SELF EXPLANATORY and EASY TO UNDERSTAND. Any thing or claim I state, I ALWAYS back it up with evidence to give my claim a strong credibility.

Once again, thank your very much. I will also like to thank @Ayanna as well. She is also one of the top guru in this forum. Unfortunately, she left the forum last to attend to personal issues.

To all y'all still working on your applications....here is my advice to you all.

I will STRONGLY recommend you do your application yourself provided you have an excellent writing skills and understand what is expected in a H and C application.

For those who plan on using lawyer, be very careful with them. Never trust anything they tell TILL YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED THR INFORMATION YOURSELF....the fastest way to verify any information your lawyer tells you is by asking people in this group. Lawyers love gullible clients and like to keep their clients in the dark.

I wish y'all the best of luck with y'all application. I also pray before the end of 2023, all the hard work y'all have put in your applications will yield positive result and approval

I will try my best to check this forum once on a while during my free time.

Do have a lovely good morning.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Katayoon
Did you see due date in your GCMS notes? (Date your file will be reopened again). You will not see officer's number until she uploads decision letter so that is normal.

Reactions: Taweda